GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that the media says he killed Shannan after they had a heated conversation where she said he'd never see the kids again. According to CW himself, she didn't say that that morning - it was a previous conversation and if memory serves me it was wayyy before he even started cheating !

I would love to think that MSM will honor Shanann, Bella, Celeste, Nico and her family and friends by letting them Rest In Peace. So many were obviously impacted by this tragedy. As we approach 12 months in August, please MSM and all the CW supporters let it be. As always my thoughts are with Shanann’s family, the pain must be horrendous.

I don’t think I can bear to watch this - the trailer was enough for me, with the dramatised scenes of CW at Cervi 319. It’s too soon, IMO. And for Shannan’s family and friends, I imagine it will always be ‘too soon’.

Investigators 'will never be the same' after Chris Watts' brutal murders of his family | Daily Mail Online
14236038-7094115-image-a-22_1559405441416.jpg

[...]

Steve Wrenn, the Deputy District Attorney for Weld County who was interviewed for the documentary, said everyone involved in the case is still haunted by it.

[...]

'This took it to a level that I don’t think a lot of people are still able to get their heads around it. It’s impacted the way we go about our daily lives and how we interact with our families, how we are able to do our jobs sometimes.'

Wrenn added: 'The ripple of one crime like this has been phenomenal. The first responders that had to remove the children from the oil tanks — they’ll never be the same.

'Some of the investigators I know had struggled to return to their jobs and go about investigations the same way.'

[...]

'But when you engage in an act that his so horrific and is so far removed from anything the average person ever contemplates doing to their own children, the why is going to be so elusive. It’s nonsensical. It’s so contrary to everything we know about human nature. And for that reason, the why is never going to be satisfying.

[...]

OK crime aficionados, please post if there is anything new in the Discovery show as some of us don't have TV's. I really doubt there is anything that we haven't talked about except for Wrenn's account of the lasting effects on those who had to face CW's evil work up close.

I'm still on the fence as to whether I'm going to watch it. I don't know if I can stomach his self-serving lies, as I don't really believe all the details of his most recent "true confession". I would be interested in hearing from investigators though and hear what they think.

I am watching right now. Only because I want to remember Shanann, Bella, Celeste and Niko. I am sure he still won't tell the truth. I don't even care what he has to say. I want to see what they tell that we haven't heard. RIP Shanann & babies.

So I didn't watch or dissect every video, every interview over and over again so those that did might find this repetitive, but what I find most interesting is hearing the impressions of reporters and detectives as they interacted with him, interviewed him. He was fooling no one. Everyone thought he was acting completely odd, off, and/or nervous/twitchy. Different perspectives.

I just watched the special on ID: what stuck with me mostly was how quickly he was exposed as the killer. First, Nicole was the catalyst that got this case going ,but i was also surprised at how quickly the police acted on Nicole's concerns. Not all police departments would have acted that quickly, since at that point Shannan had not been missing that long a time. Once the police got involved, it was all over for Chris Watts. His neighbor informed the police about surveillence of the truck- which shows Chris almost losing his mind while the police were watching the video: then, Chris's girlfriend came forward telling the police about their affair: then there was the horrid interview with Chris where he was so inappropriate that one had to come away believing he was responsible for the disappearance of his family. This case was wrapped up in record time. Seeing his precious babies Celeste and Bella was so very sad: it is very difficult to wrap one's head around how he killed them and disposed of them.

It was mostly fair except for them, in a way, giving him the excuse of rage because she supposedly said right then, he would never see the kids again. When he admitted in the interview that she had said that before. That bothers me, but it was sympathetic to SW and that was important. Like you guys are saying, its the procedurals that are interesting in this doc.

It was mostly fair except for them, in a way, giving him the excuse of rage because she supposedly said right then, he would never see the kids again. When he admitted in the interview that she had said that before. That bothers me, but it was sympathetic to SW and that was important. Like you guys are saying, its the procedurals that are interesting in this doc.
Yes. And not questioning the part about Shanann having sex with him that night which I just don’t believe. But they didn’t even give the watts the time of day, except for dad in the interrogation room. I’m grateful for that.

The lady commenting about the prison interview literally took him at his word that he snapped, ignoring all the inconsistencies and other evidence that it was premeditated.
Just because most family annihilators did snap doesn't mean you should take a proven liar at his word when he is clearly trying to not make himself seem like the evil monster he truly is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member