Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the statements from the time of the disappearance or from the time of the inquest?

It may be that in the next sentence of his statement, the constable explained the box. I feel like we're being played with, not being given the whole statements, not being told whether the clues have been dismissed as irrelevant. After a day or two of teasing us with a patch of blood, MSM condescended to say that it was animal blood. Possibly if we had access to the statements we'd read that the fluff is the wrong colour red and the hair definitely isn't William's, that the underwear was covered in mould and had probably been in the open for months or years.

I think you could be right about the 'clues' being useful at the time, but they may have been later discounted after testing.

The coroner has let these statements be viewed ... the coroner may not let any statements be viewed that contain relevant information from the ongoing investigation.

Just keeping in mind that the police seem to feel that a vehicle was used to remove William, that William could not be tracked further than the boundary of FGM's property, that William could have been '30 kilometres away by the time FM called the police'.
Australian Crime News

Are the statements from the time of the disappearance or from the time of the inquest?

It may be that in the next sentence of his statement, the constable explained the box. I feel like we're being played with, not being given the whole statements, not being told whether the clues have been dismissed as irrelevant. After a day or two of teasing us with a patch of blood, MSM condescended to say that it was animal blood. Possibly if we had access to the statements we'd read that the fluff is the wrong colour red and the hair definitely isn't William's, that the underwear was covered in mould and had probably been in the open for months or years.
The statements are the statements made to police at the time of the event.

Recalling that in the article it said that the bios' statements were the 'last to be released'.. and that the FFC's mother's statement had already been released, as well as FFC and MFC.. so these statements that the coroner's office is releasing are the original statements, however the media is not showing them to us, they are only picking out whichever parts they feel like might make news, I'm thinking.. and of course, also leaving us in suspense as you have suggested.

The reason I know this is only because at the time of the inquest, the media was present, and as such, they would not have had to wait until now, when the coroner released these statements (seemingly piecemeal, one at a time over several weeks?), to report on their statements. The statements made during the inquest by various parties have already been reported on at the time.

Last edited:
RSBM ....

Recalling that in the article it said that the bios' statements were the 'last to be released'..

I read that, too. That BD's statement was the last to be released.
However, I don't recall seeing parts of any statements provided to the police from any family members. Just their own words in various MSM interviews (televised police video, for the FP). So, I was little puzzled by that MSM comment.

On 2nd thought ... maybe FGM's words about the man across the road were taken from her statement. Though it seems to me that the way it was presented was in conversation/questions rather than a formal statement.

Last edited:
I read that, too. That BD's statement was the last to be released.
However, I don't recall seeing parts of any statements provided to the police from any family members. Just their own words in various MSM interviews (televised police video, for the FP). So, I was little puzzled by that MSM comment.

On 2nd thought ... maybe FGM's words about the man across the road were taken from her statement. Though it seems to me that the way it was presented was in conversation/questions rather than a formal statement.
I think FFC's mother was not in attendance at the inquest and she has never been interviewed by media (to my knowledge at least), so this would have been her statement made to police at the time. I think there were also statements made to police by the Foster Carers released earlier.. because I seem to remember little things being said that we had not known before, and I don't believe they were reported on during inquest. (example - just based on memory - could be the black eye and how it had occurred, not sure if that was from the bio's statement or one of the FC's)

The statements are the statements made to police at the time of the event.

Recalling that in the article it said that the bios' statements were the 'last to be released'.. and that the FFC's mother's statement had already been released, as well as FFC and MFC.. so these statements that the coroner's office is releasing are the original statements, however the media is not showing them to us, they are only picking out whichever parts they feel like might make news, I'm thinking.. and of course, also leaving us in suspense as you have suggested.

The reason I know this is only because at the time of the inquest, the media was present, and as such, they would not have had to wait until now, when the coroner released these statements (seemingly piecemeal, one at a time over several weeks?), to report on their statements. The statements made during the inquest by various parties have already been reported on at the time.
As to your last paragraph: the media heard the verbal testimony, but that's not to say there wasn't also a written statement from the constable distinct from an initial internal police statement.

On a tangent, now, I had a look at a report from the inquest about what Rowley was saying. I was interested to see that the FGM's garage wasn't examined at first as it was locked. On the one hand, presumably William couldn't have run into a locked garage, but on the other, I wonder when it was first examined, whether it would have been in time to check for footprints in case he somehow had climbed behind the dirt and got avalanched.

Last edited:
As to your last paragraph: the media heard the verbal testimony, but that's not to say there wasn't also a written statement from the constable distinct from an initial internal police statement.

On a tangent, now, I had a look at a report from the inquest about what Rowley was saying. I was interested to see that the FGM's garage wasn't examined at first as it was locked. On the one hand, presumably William couldn't have run into a locked garage, but on the other, I wonder when it was first examined, whether it would have been in time to check for footprints in case he somehow had climbed behind the dirt and got avalanched.

Yes, I looked further. It seems that FGM's words were taken from a formal statement.
Her statement was released on 30 April 2019.

"Two days after toddler William Tyrrell went missing from his foster grandma’s home on NSW’s mid north coast, the then 81-year-old delivered a damning witness statement to police, pointing the finger at her neighbour who kept odd hours and lived alone.
“I can’t think of anyone who would want to harm William. I was asked this question initially by Wendy Hudson (a local police officer) and I suggested (the neighbour) across the road … Wendy assures me that she has checked him out thoroughly,” the foster grandma’s statement, released by the NSW Coroners Court today, reads."
Tyrrell’s foster nan singled out neighbour

Yes, I looked further. It seems that FGM's words were taken from a formal statement.
Her statement was released on 30 April 2019.

"Two days after toddler William Tyrrell went missing from his foster grandma’s home on NSW’s mid north coast, the then 81-year-old delivered a damning witness statement to police, pointing the finger at her neighbour who kept odd hours and lived alone.
“I can’t think of anyone who would want to harm William. I was asked this question initially by Wendy Hudson (a local police officer) and I suggested (the neighbour) across the road … Wendy assures me that she has checked him out thoroughly,” the foster grandma’s statement, released by the NSW Coroners Court today, reads."
Tyrrell’s foster nan singled out neighbour

Released to the Herald on Tuesday, the statement reveals the foster grandmother initially told police that her neighbour could have been involved in the toddler's disappearance.

"I can't think of anyone who would want to harm William. I was asked this question initially by Wendy HUDSON (a police woman who lives in Kendall) and I suggested [a neighbour] across the road (as he keeps odd hours and lives alone). Wendy assures me that she has checked him out thoroughly," it reads.

The man has been vetted by Strike Force Rosann investigators, and found to have had no involvement in the case. He has since left the Kendall area.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...r-reveals-her-suspicions-20190430-p51ijw.html

Was it said at the inquest that the neighbour with peculiar schedule and living arrangements has been found to have no involvement in the case by the strikeforce?

What if the two cars supposedly seen by FM were not actually seen by her, but by someone else who did not want their name dragged in, or were frightened, but are going to play an important role now at the inquest?
Just trying to connect some new dots here.

What if the two cars supposedly seen by FM were not actually seen by her, but by someone else who did not want their name dragged in, or were frightened, but are going to play an important role now at the inquest?
Just trying to connect some new dots here.
She spoke about the cars at the inquest . . . that would be perjury, I believe.

Seems like this information was also obtained from initial statements given to police, as opposed to testimony given at the inquest:

"Documents presented to the inquest and obtained by news.com.au detail the birth mother’s interview with officers, in which she claimed the three-year-old had a black eye and was skinny the last time she saw him, during a supervised visit at Macquarie Centre on August 21, 2014.

In a witness statement dated 14 September 2014 — two days after he vanished from a Kendall home on the NSW mid-north coast — William’s mother said a Salvation Army worker who supervised her visits with the boy called her to confirm their meeting and told her he had a black eye.

According to her statement, he said the incident occurred when the boy was “climbing up on” his foster father and “lost his balance”."

https://amp-news-com-au.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/william-tyrrell-had-a-black-eye-and-looked-skinny-before-his-disappearance-mum-claimed/news-story/bf443e9f1dc23a9151cca5b843b6fd58?usqp=mq331AQCCAE%3D&amp_js_v=0.1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.news.com.au%2Fnational%2Fnsw-act%2Fwilliam-tyrrell-had-a-black-eye-and-looked-skinny-before-his-disappearance-mum-claimed%2Fnews-story%2Fbf443e9f1dc23a9151cca5b843b6fd58

Released to the Herald on Tuesday, the statement reveals the foster grandmother initially told police that her neighbour could have been involved in the toddler's disappearance.

"I can't think of anyone who would want to harm William. I was asked this question initially by Wendy HUDSON (a police woman who lives in Kendall) and I suggested [a neighbour] across the road (as he keeps odd hours and lives alone). Wendy assures me that she has checked him out thoroughly," it reads.

The man has been vetted by Strike Force Rosann investigators, and found to have had no involvement in the case. He has since left the Kendall area.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...r-reveals-her-suspicions-20190430-p51ijw.html

Was it said at the inquest that the neighbour with peculiar schedule and living arrangements has been found to have no involvement in the case by the strikeforce?
I don't remember hearing any news or tweets about this person at all from the inquest itself, does anyone else? Interesting that it is said he has already been found to have had no involvement. So I guess that strikes him out for being the new (to the public), never-before-named, suspect who is to be presented at inquest?

I don't remember hearing any news or tweets about this person at all from the inquest itself, does anyone else? Interesting that it is said he has already been found to have had no involvement. So I guess that strikes him out for being the new (to the public), never-before-named, suspect who is to be presented at inquest?

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 58s59 seconds ago
Senior Constable Hudson attended the home of a man initially identified by locals as being “a bit strange” and “disconnected from people”. He was cleared of any involvement. @10NewsFirst @10Daily
#40 post 471

Seems he may have been cleared early on. The article up thread says he was cleared by Rosanne. Was he?

Last edited:
Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 58s59 seconds ago
Senior Constable Hudson attended the home of a man initially identified by locals as being “a bit strange” and “disconnected from people”. He was cleared of any involvement. @10NewsFirst @10Daily
#40 post 471

Seems he may have been cleared early on. The article up thread says he was cleared by Rosanne. Was he?
Even if he was cleared by local police and by Rosann, the coroner may not be satisfied without testing that.

There is a lot that simply does not sit well with me since the first week of the inquest:
1. why was the FFC’s mother not questioned on the stand? As one of the last people to see William surely her recollection of events would have been important.
2. FFC stated during the call to the police that there were no suspicious cars in the area when William went missing. Yet, later she remembered two cars parked across the road and a third car that cruised the street and the driver locked eyes with FFC. No other neighbours, as far as I know, have come forward to say they saw strange cars.
3. The FFC recollection of the time that William was left alone outside. How long exactly was he alone while FFC was making and drinking tea.......5 minutes or longer?

FFC seems to have changed her story a number of times.

There is a lot that simply does not sit well with me since the first week of the inquest:
1. why was the FFC’s mother not questioned on the stand? As one of the last people to see William surely her recollection of events would have been important.
2. FFC stated during the call to the police that there were no suspicious cars in the area when William went missing. Yet, later she remembered two cars parked across the road and a third car that cruised the street and the driver locked eyes with FFC. No other neighbours, as far as I know, have come forward to say they saw strange cars.
3. The FFC recollection of the time that William was left alone outside. How long exactly was he alone while FFC was making and drinking tea.......5 minutes or longer?

FFC seems to have changed her story a number of times.

I don't think we can question how the Coroner is running the inquest yet. It is far from being over.

It is not uncommon for info to be held back in any police investigation. And released or not released, as and when police want or don't want that to happen.

I think we need to remember with great care that both families are victims here, and cannot be discussed in any negative way with relation to William's disappearance, as per TOS.

I believe others have reported sightings of at least one unknown vehicle that we know about ....

“In addition, we have received reports of a four wheel drive vehicle driving out of Benaroon Drive around the time William vanished.
”This is of interest to us because we have also received information about a four wheel drive vehicle driving at speed in the Kendall area shortly after."
NSW Police Force

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members