Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, can someone clarify this for me? Were the kids supposed to be with him for Memorial Day weekend? I thought he only saw them every other weekend for 6 hours.

If he was going to have the kids that weekend that would make sense to them why he had overnight bags or whatever if he was planning to flee the country or something.
The judge unfortunately changed the visitation (Judge Heller I believe) essentially reversing the prior orders from the court. Still trying to figure out how and why this happened given the history of the case, two contempt citations for STBX and Judge Heller calling STBX a liar in the courtroom testimony. If anyone has any color or further insights on this hearing/episode and can explain why this reversal happened I would appreciate it greatly as I am totally baffled by this particular ruling.

I don’t necessarily agree. CT native here. The drive is about 1hr 15 min without traffic. I’m not sure the drive time even matters at all. If it was pre-meditated and the perpetrator was there when JD arrived, I think the whole thing could have been carried out extremely quickly. IMO four hours is more than enough time to commit a crime and get out.

If you recall the original poster was hypothesizing that it was an accident and then called for reinforcements which is why I stated the time frame was too short. Of course, if the plan was to kill or kidnap her and there were others nearby to help the time frame is definitely possible.

Last edited:
True, but if you're trying to avoid getting caught (blood clean up, as was done here) it doesn't seem like you would transport a body back to your own property and bury it there. Not saying that didn't happen here, I just don't see that as a very effective way to avoid being caught.

But then there's the case 2 summers ago of Brendt Christiansen in Urbana, IL who did just that (suspect brought the body back to his residence, per public records). Apparently he didn't count on LE's having that tool that detects bloodstains (not sure if it's an IL light, but it must work well...).

n.b. Sorry that I'm not good yet at searching through WS threads to locate info, or I'd post a link here to the WS thread for the BC/YYZ case.

I wonder how the communication between JD and STBX was handled and if there were any direct contact between them outside of court? We don't know if the communication was between their atty's or if they spoke/texted/emailed each other directly.

I am curious if given the recent change in the visitation that perhaps JD met with STBX that morning after dropping the children off at school in order to review details about the children for the upcoming weekend to be spent with their father? Could this have been the pretext for the morning meeting? If it were the case then there would be no forced entry, security might be relaxed and JD wouldn't necessarily be on her guard. Moving 5 children from house to house no doubt involved logistics and perhaps they met to discuss things? JD expected a short meeting that would be done in time for her 11am appt. Maybe an argument occurred and things went south? Or perhaps STBX manipulated a meeting to further his premeditated agenda? Assuming JD was taken from her house in New Canaan the house itself on the video footage showed no sign of broken in ft door etc.

Or did JD decide to take a run in Waveny after dropping off the children at school and was confronted by STBX at the park? We don't know if JD had a set running schedule but someone that knew her execise history would know that the park for a morning run was something she frequently did.

I was trying to come up with scenarios where the parties would be together Friday morning after the children were dropped at school and that involved no physical damage to the house in New Canaan as visibly the house looked untouched by violence based on looking at the outside ft area.

I'm still not buying the hitman angle. Hitmen don't clean up or hide bodies. They make it look random, like a robbery or carjacking. I did wonder about the life insurance though, it wouldn't be the first time a man took one out, or possibly even had one left from when they were married? Esp if her family was a major source of income. JMO
I think it very likely they had substantial life insurance policy on each other for years. Often when a divorce is filed, those policies can't be changed or cancelled. They likely were disclosed during Discovery.

JMO

I wonder how the communication between JD and STBX was handled and if there were any direct contact between them outside of court? We don't know if the communication was between their atty's or if they spoke/texted/emailed each other directly.

I am curious if given the recent change in the visitation that perhaps JD met with STBX that morning after dropping the children off at school in order to review details about the children for the upcoming weekend to be spent with their father? Could this have been the pretext for the morning meeting? If it were the case then there would be no forced entry, security might be relaxed and JD wouldn't necessarily be on her guard. Moving 5 children from house to house no doubt involved logistics and perhaps they met to discuss things? JD expected a short meeting that would be done in time for her 11am appt. Maybe an argument occurred and things went south? Or perhaps STBX manipulated a meeting to further his premeditated agenda? Assuming JD was taken from her house in New Canaan the house itself on the video footage showed no sign of broken in ft door etc.

Or did JD decide to take a run in Waveny after dropping off the children at school and was confronted by STBX at the park? We don't know if JD had a set running schedule but someone that knew her execise history would know that the park for a morning run was something she frequently did.

I was trying to come up with scenarios where the parties would be together Friday morning after the children were dropped at school and that involved no physical damage to the house in New Canaan as visibly the house looked untouched by violence based on looking at the outside ft area.

The jogging scenario doesn’t seem to work, on account of the blood and cleanup evidence inside the home.

Court records seem to rule out any possibility of JD allowing her estranged husband in willingly (she was terrified of him).

He could have knocked on her door and then forced her way in when she opened it.

The scenario I’m leaning towards, is FD having a way to access the house. Perhaps he came in through an unlocked door or window.

I think he was waiting for her, and either had a plan to confront her, or more likely, had a premeditated plan to murder her.

Correct; but they were legally separated. This is significantly different than her moving in with his wife and children still living there which someone stated as a fact a few posts back. My point was we can’t say stuff like that happened if we have nothing saying they all lived together in one house.

I believe one of the first reports of the living arrangements initially said he was going to move his “paramour” in while JD and kids still lived there. I just think it was reporting.

I can't imagine that she would agree to meet with him. Any logistics regarding the children's visits could be handled by phone.

If there was blood remnants and clean up at the house in New Canaan, then, she was likely harmed there. I can't see them having an encounter at the park and coming back to the house. I also can't see him/them harming her and returning to the house.

And, that time frame of 8-12 is too tight for lots of movement in the community and being in the house. IMHO.

“I know her mother (Gloria Farber). ... I am praying that she can survive this. Her father who died two and a half years ago, he was concerned about their relationship back then. He had made every effort he could to provide for her and her sister. We will wait for the facts to come out. We don’t know what happened. ... Her father expressed concern to me about her marriage back then and it sounded just horrible. He was probably right to be concerned."
— Gregory Mears
Jennifer Dulos’ disappearance: New Canaan reacts to arrests

Wow, catching up to this entire case after spending a day offline. It was only a matter of time, and obstruction of justice could have been numerous things. And it's not something they charge innocent people for.

The house she was staying in comes up as one of the Fore
Group properties on the website. Available Homes - Fore Group Inc.

1, Why would she want to stay in one of the properties of his failing company?

2. Assuming he built / finished the property - would he have access to the alarm system identification and codes?

3. Would she have put the alarm system on if she was just dropping the kids off at school after a weekend visiting their father?
When I click into the map in this article, it says that after separating from FD, JD moved to Welles Lane in New Canaan -- so not the Sturbridge Hill Rd New Canaan property on the Fore Group website. Missing woman’s husband arrested; police descend on 2nd Farmington property

Got it! Thanks for the explanation. Wondered if there were a MD angle to sleuth so based on what you are saying there isn't.

The MD license plate I had for my car had three letter than 4 numbers. I purchased the car in April 2017 and was given new tags because MD changed the design to the one with the flag across the bottom like the one on JD’s SIV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr