Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Previous posters commented about Leah's mum telling her to alternate her route. Had leah been threatened prior to her going missing? if it's TRUE that she had an affair with a married man this raises POI in my mind.
It's possible there was a bigger reason as to why her mum said this, but tbh it feels like a pretty standard safety tip for a young woman. I was always told to do this growing up and it's something I and a lot of women I know continue to do as adults.

It's possible there was a bigger reason as to why her mum said this, but tbh it feels like a pretty standard safety tip for a young woman. I was always told to do this growing up and it's something I and a lot of women I know continue to do as adults.

I agree - always been told to take care and taught safety precautions by my family. I also feel like her parents would have made it apparent that she had been threatened, prior to going missing, if she had.

Previous posters commented about Leah's mum telling her to alternate her route. Had leah been threatened prior to her going missing? if it's TRUE that she had an affair with a married man this raises POI in my mind.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Leah's mother told her to vary her route. I think this comes from a post that says "Investigators say she generally took a number of different routes to work, including sometimes alongside Furzton Lake." Which anyone probably would do if they had to walk 2 miles to work every day. If there is evidence of the mother telling her to vary her route, please post a link. Thanks.
Parents of missing Leah Croucher hope £5,000 reward will unlock mystery

There was discussion of mother’s use of the word ‘kidnap’ and varying her route in thread #1 after the radio interview. I later posted a link to MSM which used the word ‘kidnap’ in an abduction in MK from previous year not linked to Leah.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Leah's mother told her to vary her route. I think this comes from a post that says "Investigators say she generally took a number of different routes to work, including sometimes alongside Furzton Lake." Which anyone probably would do if they had to walk 2 miles to work every day. If there is evidence of the mother telling her to vary her route, please post a link. Thanks.
Parents of missing Leah Croucher hope £5,000 reward will unlock mystery

She explained that she told Leah to do this in a BBC radio interview which is now unfortunately unavailable on their site. I made a summary of all the information that they gave in the interview here - UK - UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Leah's mother told her to vary her route. <>

If there is evidence of the mother telling her to vary her route, please post a link. Thanks.

Sorry this is from the Sun, just the first link that came up... as JeNeSaisQuoi says it was discussed after the first presser

Claire regularly told her daughter to change her 30-minute route to work for "safety" reasons.

Tearful mum 'not surviving, just existing' since daughter vanished 3 months ago

Sorry this is from the Sun, just the first link that came up... as JeNeSaisQuoi says it was discussed after the first presser

Claire regularly told her daughter to change her 30-minute route to work for "safety" reasons.

Tearful mum 'not surviving, just existing' since daughter vanished 3 months ago

Maybe Claire only came out and said she told Leah to do this so she could show that she did care about her and was worried about her as a solo female walking alone every day. I don't think it was because Leah had been threatened. Maybe Claire was worried she would come under fire for 'letting this happen' to her daughter so wanted to prove something. I don't know.

You could be right Cherrytree. I must say since following cases I'm much more aware of my personal safety. I dont however change my routes and I cant recall my mother ever telling me to do so. If however I felt uneasy regarding my safety I would take these measures, just my thoughts.

She explained that she told Leah to do this in a BBC radio interview which is now unfortunately unavailable on their site. I made a summary of all the information that they gave in the interview here - UK - UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019

Nice summary @cherrytree9 . I wish I'd found this earlier - I worked out for myself that Leah previously worked at MacDonalds and this would have saved some time. I've always said this website would benefit from a summary page for each case.

Possibly but if HC was causing a scene outside his work place or home would this not draw unwanted attention to him also. Maybe AC's family pressured him into making a complaint. If I was AC and i was innocent regardless of previous bad blood i would sympathise with HC's feelings, his sister his missing and his emotions are running away with him , not sure I would want to press charges on him. Id be happy with a stern word from LE but maybe that's just me.

The removal of posters worries me , why would anyone want to hinder Leah being found, even kids aren't that callous surely!

I have my own theory and unfortunately I think Leah was involved in a situation that was bigger than she ever imagined. I believe she has been harmed, I hope I'm wrong but given the length of time she has been missing I cant see another ending.

My heart goes out to her family.

If the police thought other people were at risk by HC's action, at the workplace or if he was posting harassment on public forums rather than just in private messages, couldn't the police continue with a prosecution?

Maybe Claire only came out and said she told Leah to do this so she could show that she did care about her and was worried about her as a solo female walking alone every day. I don't think it was because Leah had been threatened. Maybe Claire was worried she would come under fire for 'letting this happen' to her daughter so wanted to prove something. I don't know.
Wondering if the safety caution was given because alleged serial rapist, Joseph McCann was on the loose?
speculation, imo.

Rape suspect Joseph McCann linked to nine sex attacks on the same day | Daily Mail Online

I didn't realise that Joe McCann had been caught in May. Hero taxi driver helped according to link. He assaulted several persons while on the run after his escape from Bedford. Apprehended in Cheshire. See link.
MK could fit along his route.
I'm not sure it says released from Bedford? It days he was prev from Bedford. As Bedford is less than an hour from MK it would be worrying in terms of a possible link to Leah's disappearance if thats where he came out. There is a Cat B mens prison in Bedford.

Leah Croucher mystery remains unsolved as charity makes direct personal plea for Milton Keynes girl to call them

Her family have urged people not to remove them and to take time to read the posters carefully .

I may be wrong with this but I do know some people thought they were helping by taking the posters and displaying in their cars instead etc (this was before the Citizen provided a front page poster)Knowlhill and the surrounding estates are covered in posters but not so much around the rest of MK. I live in an estate very close and myself and most neighbours have them displayed on their front doors.

Completely agree with this. As someone very local to the area, it is very easy to change routes without adding anytime onto your journey (all the redways lead into the estates etc). I work in Knowlhill and when my car was in the garage, my partner insisted on me taking different routes. If you’re doing the same journey everyday, I think this is sound advice.
Also, as they are a family very interested/involved in martial arts, I think they would err on the side of caution, so I wouldn’t be surprised by them suggesting this.

I was commenting about the word "suddenly" being used by the aunt. Switching off a mobile can be done at any time, but to switch it off "suddenly" implies the mobile was actually in use (e.g. mid call) at the time it was powered off.

Semantics, but would you say a phone 'switched off' mid-call or 'cut off' mid call? You wouldn't know why it has gone off, it could be a loss of signal.

@Miss_French well Aunt Lisa used the phrase "turned off". That sounds like someone doing something rather than just losing a signal.
I used the phrase "switched off" because that's just the way I say things. To me turn off is the same as switch off, but as I keep saying, it's the word "suddenly" that doesn't sound right as nowhere have we been told that she was mid-conversation when it went off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288