Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. And a number of people have pointed out that it's an industrial mower most likely so would easily be missed. Ugh. I was picturing a riding mower that I have commonly seen but it's a good bit smaller than these industrial ones

Yes here it's a tractor attachment, the employee is in an enclosed cab looking backwards.

The chain of events is just devastating, so many people affected by what DV has done to Maleah. I hope he gave QX enough details about Maleah's manner of death for LE to properly charge the murder.

We are part of an Adopt-A-Highway program at work. When Cal Trans is getting ready to mow, they ask us to do a special litter collection beforehand.

IIRC, a news story said highway crews found the bag, but it was stinky so a supervisor told them to leave it alone. Not unusual for people to dump dead animals in the area.
So in my mind the litter crew found the bag, but left it in place. The mower comes later and runs over the bag :(

Why didn't the highway crew alert the mowers to the fact that the smelly, bloody garbage bag was there before they mowed? Trying to take the easy way out of having to dispose of it themselves?

Yes here it's a tractor attachment, the employee is in an enclosed cab looking backwards.

The chain of events is just devastating, so many people affected by what DV has done to Maleah. I hope he gave QX enough details about Maleah's manner of death for LE to properly charge the murder.

It's truly so devastating. This case has hit something in me so deep. I have cried over this little girl so much. I wish everyday that there was some way to go back and find Maleah and take her and love her the way she so deserved. To prevent her tragic end and suffering. I can hardly bear it.

The walking crews go out a pick up the trash they find be it loose or in a bag. They put it in a designated spot along the road. A truck comes and picks up the bulk, etc. This is done so the area is clear and the mowers can mow safely. My question was why did they just leave it..I'm tempted to drive over there and have a look for myself. It's not far. But, in the scheme of things it doesn't matter...probabky better it was still there for the authorities to locate since it was a murder. And I'm sure the maintenance crew is suffering.
A work crew mowing Interstate 30 near Fulton — about 330 miles from Houston — discovered a bloodied black garbage bag earlier this week, but they left it alone with the assumption that its foul odor was from a discarded animal. A mower earlier on Friday struck the bag, tore it open and scattered its contents, Hempstead County Sheriff James Singleton said.
Search for Maleah leads to child’s body in Arkansas

After was QX said about DV claiming to be the primary caretaker while BB was mostly absent, I wonder about this scenario: what if when BB confronted him about the dirty pics and said she would leave him, DV "snapped" in whatever capacity resulted in Maleah's death because he had some feelings of "if I can't have her, you don't get to keep her either." I.e. some kind of twisted, sick feelings of connection to the child he was mostly raising mixed with anger toward BB. He would have known that he had no claim to Maleah if he and BB weren't together, unlike with his own child. It could be that he thought Maleah would actually be worse off with only BB to parent her.

This assumes that DV is telling the truth about doing most of the childcare. It doesn't really explain the ongoing physical abuse, unless maybe there were similar incidents in the past. I'm not sure if it jives with his lack of remorse and emotion QX describes.

And if she was perhaps rambunctious, why didn't BB know she was there?? And why was she there in the first place on that day?? Ugh. So many lies to sift through

I hear you. I've always thought that BB was not involved with the murder. Let me rephrase that. I've felt 90% sure she wasn't involved in the murder. And I base that on BB's and DV's reaction when she got home. No united front. Not telling the same story and being supportive of each other.
However, that hour+ with the three of them in the apartment together is a baffling mystery. How could she not have known Maleah was there? If she was on the patio how could she not have heard her? Is it really possible that it was one of those perfect storm moments? She had earbuds in and Maleah silently walked in and went straight to her room?
Why did he bring her home and risk BB seeing her?
Maybe I'm back to 75%.
MOO

I just watched this and I say wow get it on and arrest her. Also he indicated that others were involved after the fact. They need to start rounding them up. All these cowards need to be behind bars. Justice needs to be served.
Bolding Mine

Ita.

Hmmmm..... Sitting on my hands, but it's an effort.
Justice for a little girl who was let down by nearly everyone in her short life.

Why do I get the feeling that someone(s) might start trying to collect $$ for her funeral or 'in memoriam' ... then use it on themselves ?

Thinking about the parents who misused funds for the search for Haleigh Cummings. :mad:

I think it could be possible at bb was occupied
With the phone or whatver else she had going on.
Some days passed before she had to recall if Maleah was at the house or not. I think she was very likely uninvolved with her kids and could have seriously not known Or remembered if her kid was home or not. I don’t think she was involved with Maleah’s murder.

I hear you. I've always thought that BB was not involved with the murder. Let me rephrase that. I've felt 90% sure she wasn't involved in the murder. And I base that on BB's and DV's reaction when she got home. No united front. Not telling the same story and being supportive of each other.
However, that hour+ with the three of them in the apartment together is a baffling mystery. How could she not have known Maleah was there? If she was on the patio how could she not have heard her? Is it really possible that it was one of those perfect storm moments? She had earbuds in and Maleah silently walked in and went straight to her room?
Why did he bring her home and risk BB seeing her?
Maybe I'm back to 75%.
MOO

I don't think that finding Maleah's remains will provide much closure for her family.
I guess I mean in terms of being able to have a funeral or a memorial. Some people place a great amount of importance in having the actual remains. BB's mother described the family as being very large and that they were close.
Then there are DV's family members. I'm pretty sure a relative from both sides at one point had custody of the children. Whoever they may be, I'm sure they are devastated by all of this. There is likely a lot of outrage as well. Imo

Big hugs to you Madison418!

Thanks. I think I just feel like many many other mothers (and fathers) around the world who learned about and watched this case. Mothers who love their children with every ounce of their being and cannot fathom how someone can abuse, basically torture, and kill a 4 year old little girl. A beautiful child who deserved love and to feel safe.

Thanks. I think I just feel like many many other mothers (and fathers) around the world who learned about and watched this case. Mothers who love their children with every ounce of their being and cannot fathom how someone can abuse, basically torture, and kill a 4 year old little girl. A beautiful child who deserved love and to feel safe.

I think all of us loving moms and family members feel this so deeply. With Maleah, Lizzy, & Amiyah all in the span of a few weeks, this has been especially heartbreaking for those of us who feel deeply

Bolding Mine

Ita.

Hmmmm..... Sitting on my hands, but it's an effort.
Justice for a little girl who was let down by nearly everyone in her short life.

Why do I get the feeling that someone(s) might start trying to collect $$ for her funeral or 'in memoriam' ... then use it on themselves ?

Thinking about the parents who misused funds for the search for Haleigh Cummings. :mad:
Oh I totally agree. I'm sure lawsuit, money was one of the first things that came to mind. I don't like myself for thinking that....

After was QX said about DV claiming to be the primary caretaker while BB was mostly absent, I wonder about this scenario: what if when BB confronted him about the dirty pics and said she would leave him, DV "snapped" in whatever capacity resulted in Maleah's death because he had some feelings of "if I can't have her, you don't get to keep her either." I.e. some kind of twisted, sick feelings of connection to the child he was mostly raising mixed with anger toward BB. He would have known that he had no claim to Maleah if he and BB weren't together, unlike with his own child. It could be that he thought Maleah would actually be worse off with only BB to parent her.

This assumes that DV is telling the truth about doing most of the childcare. It doesn't really explain the ongoing physical abuse, unless maybe there were similar incidents in the past. I'm not sure if it jives with his lack of remorse and emotion QX describes.
It's confusing to me, because DV keeps making a point of stating he was the caretaker and makes it sound like BB did little to nothing as a parent. There are photo's & video showing him in a parental role. Not to say that proves anything, I guess he could be putting on a show.

Further, now we learn he had a "mistress". DV was one busy guy, full time job, caretaker, philanderer. If he was with another woman, why would he care if BB gave him back his ring and broke it off? The two older children weren't his and if what he said was true, he could fight for primary custody of his own child and not have to pay child support. There's something about the story that doesn't make sense. They are both lying so until the truth is told, I don't think we fully appreciate the why & how and the dynamic on the home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken