Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing I cannot stop wondering about is why he brought her back home to the apt. No one has spoken on that piece. Had she gone to preschool, would she still be alive or was this completely premeditated knowing BB would be out of town so he had time to do the deed and dump this poor baby? Maybe this was a way to get back at her? I dunno. It guts me to think she may have suffered, I pray that she did not in those last moments of her short life. The thought of a grown man beating a 4 year old girl. Ugh, I just can't. All moo
My thoughts are that BB was upset in the morning hearing the information about DV cheating.

Maybe MD wanted to go for a ride in the morning because mom was still sleeping or in a bad mood... upset about the mistress. She didn't look dressed for daycare in the pic.

Patiently waiting for more charges and mugshots!

Regarding the discussion about Maleah being a target or not. She could have been a target instead of her older brother simply because the boy was old enough to tell his daddy what was going on and Maleah had just turned 4 years old. I think the older boy would be able to word things better as in "DV beat me up" "mom pushed me", and maybe Maleah wasn't able to do the same. Just assuming things here. Maybe they all got abused at the same level, who knows. Poor kids.

BBM. At the very least I’m sure the older boy was aware of what was going on, worst case he was a victim of abuse himself. My heart breaks for these poor babies.

To add my two cents to the topic of why Maleah was a target, I think it's possible the older boy was old enough and saw enough patterns to know when to be quiet, be invisible, not cause an outburst. Maybe Maleah was a little more rambunctious and didn't know how to not be a target yet. Kids in abusive homes often times eventually learn and catch on to adult patterns of anger and rage and will get out of a situation and go be quiet somewhere else. Maybe Maleah wasn't quite there yet.
MOO

To get personal for a moment
JMO

I am the middle child with 2 brothers. My parents did not have a good marriage
My father mentally abused me over my brothers because according to him (admittedly after extensive therapy when I was an older teenager) I reminded him of my mother.

Could be as simple as that

Chris B. Brown on Twitter
Words cannot begin to describe the profound sense of darkness, loss, & sadness our city & nation are feeling today. We are praying for peace for the Davis family & all that knew little Maleah. May we all hug our children a little tighter today. Rest in peace, Maleah.

Chris B. Brown added,
D8JgOn0XUAAYdKP.jpg

Houston PoliceVerified account @houstonpolice
Statement from Chief @ArtAcevedo regarding the identification of #MaleahDavis' remains. #HouNews
1:02 PM - 3 Jun 2019 from Houston, TX

My thoughts are that BB was upset in the morning hearing the information about DV cheating.

Maybe MD wanted to go for a ride in the morning because mom was still sleeping or in a bad mood... upset about the mistress. She didn't look dressed for daycare in the pic.

Patiently waiting for more charges and mugshots!

Yeah but why didn't Maleah go to school? No one has said she was sick or there was an issue. IMO this is a key point of the case. Perhaps he did sneak her back in. I dunno. I'm sure this will all come out at trial.

To get personal for a moment
JMO

I am the middle child with 2 brothers. My parents did not have a good marriage
My father mentally abused me over my brothers because according to him (admittedly after extensive therapy when I was an older teenager) I reminded him of my mother.

Could be as simple as that
I will never understand the reasoning of some adults.

Yeah but why didn't Maleah go to school? No one has said she was sick or there was an issue. IMO this is a key point of the case. Perhaps he did sneak her back in. I dunno. I'm sure this will all come out at trial.

During the CPS hearing:
According to CD
BB said she was sick on Monday and asked CD to take her to the Doctor, then said DV would take her.

Last edited:
Agree with you about this being key to what happened and when. It was definitely said very early on in the case that she had been sick that week, though; I think it was mentioned in the first day or so around the time the Amber Alert was issued. I'm not sure if it was true though, and I'm not sure if the info came from the missing persons report, from DV's early interviews, or from reports of the interaction between DV and CD/CD's sister on Friday evening when he wouldn't let them see Maleah.

Chris B. Brown on Twitter
Words cannot begin to describe the profound sense of darkness, loss, & sadness our city & nation are feeling today. We are praying for peace for the Davis family & all that knew little Maleah. May we all hug our children a little tighter today. Rest in peace, Maleah.

Chris B. Brown added,
D8JgOn0XUAAYdKP.jpg

Houston PoliceVerified account @houstonpolice
Statement from Chief @ArtAcevedo regarding the identification of #MaleahDavis' remains. #HouNews
1:02 PM - 3 Jun 2019 from Houston, TX
Wow, only the Davis family mentioned by name in Chris Brown's tweet. That's a pretty pointed exclusion ...

Last edited:
I completely forgot about the smallest child. That makes it even more suspect to me. she not only had her daughter missing, but her youngest child and fiancee at the time. If that was me you better believe I would have been on the phone with 911 right that second. So much of this case doesn't make sense. So heartbreaking for Maleah and the other children.
Yes, two children missing and right after BB had a very volatile argument with DD. Very dangerous time to leave children with a boyfriend after a big blowup, don't you think? This fact alone should have set off all kinds of red flags and she should have called 911 immediately.
How many times have we seen children murdered to get back at a boyfriend /girlfriend?

Yes, two children missing and right after BB had a very volatile argument with DD. Very dangerous time to leave children with a boyfriend after a big blowup, don't you think? This fact alone should have set off all kinds of red flags and she should have called 911 immediately.
How many times have we seen children murdered to get back at a boyfriend /girlfriend?
She not only left her child with him after a fight (and after he had abused her before, mind you) but wouldn't even contact him. While he was in possession of her child. For several days.

Who doesn't make contact when they leave their small child with a caretaker? No matter how angry you are, you surely check on your child while away from them?

Unless you don't really care about their well-being.

She not only left her child with him after a fight (and after he had abused her before, mind you) but wouldn't even contact him. While he was in possession of her child. For several days.

Who doesn't make contact when they leave their small child with a caretaker? No matter how angry you are, you surely check on your child while away from them?

Unless you don't really care about their well-being.
Remember, QX said DV sent "very concerning text messages to Brittney while she was in Massachusetts". QX hasn't mentioned these lately, I wonder why?

All children are vulnerable so I am going with the fact she was female and the oldest as the likelihood. We see how much respect he has for females, adult or youth, with a "mistress" and all.

Am I the only one who thinks of the word "mistress" to mean he put her up in an apartment and showered her with jewels like some fictional romance novel or some such? I doubt that is true, so I think I would use the word side piece or booty call... Mistress is an odd word these days and kind of old school imo...

I wonder who used that word, Q or DV?
I think the side piece is much closer to the situation and Maleah than just some unknown rando.
MOO

I hear you. I've always thought that BB was not involved with the murder. Let me rephrase that. I've felt 90% sure she wasn't involved in the murder. And I base that on BB's and DV's reaction when she got home. No united front. Not telling the same story and being supportive of each other.
However, that hour+ with the three of them in the apartment together is a baffling mystery. How could she not have known Maleah was there? If she was on the patio how could she not have heard her? Is it really possible that it was one of those perfect storm moments? She had earbuds in and Maleah silently walked in and went straight to her room?
Why did he bring her home and risk BB seeing her?
Maybe I'm back to 75%.
MOO
Why was Maleah going to 'daycare' when she needed to go to a doctor?

BBM. She was actually the middle of the 3 children. Her brother (whose father is also CD) is roughly 2 years older. Your point about DV possibly targeting her because she was female stands, though. Other reasons I think are possible are:
* BB seems to have some lingering resentment about the circumstances of Maleah's birth, i.e. that she was alone. It sounds like she had more support at the times of both her sons' births and that she and CD may have split up sometime while she was pregnant with Maleah. If this has anything to do with how well she bonded with baby Maleah, whatever struggle there was could have eventually spread to how she treated M and then how she expected DV to treat her.
* Maleah seemed normal before the brain injury from what we have seen, but things could have escalated even more if the adults in the family saw her as the cause of the stress of the hospitalizations, the CPS involvement, and all the hoops they had to jump through. (Yes, the brain injury was AN ADULT'S FAULT, but they seem like the kind of "poor me" victim types who would spin it this way).
* Maleah was ADORABLE and probably got a lot of attention from people everywhere for her physical beauty. For a normal parent this is part of the joy and wonder of having a lovely child, but for these parents it could have caused resentment.

Thank you, I stand corrected. I knew that, I don't know if I mixed up my cases or what. She is not the eldest.

Great points that you followed with as well.

"What she told me, what she admitted to, and what I shared with them was factual information, that came directly from Brittany. And I have proof of what she said, and what she admitted to. And that has been shared with the investigators, I do believe she will be charged. And she should be charged. And if there’s any ounce of decency in her, as a mother, she has to own up to the complicit negligent role she played in the demise of Maleah. And if she does not, well, it is what it is, but, it’s unfortunate, now that your daughter is gone, and this beautiful child was taken away from you, and everyone else in the manner in which she was, dumped on the side of the road, whatever cover up you got left in you, bury that, and just be honest and tell the truth. And if she don’t want to tell the truth, I made sure through our work that the truth will come out."

QX drops the mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member