Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
24May 2019: The Missing Person Report was filed at 6:59pm according to docs on Scribd (from arrest of FD and MT - provided by LE). We can place all our bets on the fact that Folis Dulos did not make this MPR to New Canaan law enforcement. He was out busily disposing of evidence. The CCTV footage by his neighbour in Farmington at the end of his run is 8:10pm.

Police: Blood-stained clothing of missing New Canaan mother Jennifer Dulos found in Hartford trash cans, records show husband’s phone was in the area night she disappeared

because police knew from the start there was blood found in the home and suspected the husband. I also suspected the girlfriend and I hope if found guilty they both never see the light of day.

I just realized maybe the nanny also noticed the blood in the garage as she was returning home. Prompting the escape to NY.

An interesting POV, but in this case the various judges had a certain level of consistency in how they were treating visitation from FD with the children.

Visitation evolved to the point where it was supervised and highly limited. Initially phone calls were permitted and then this evolved to calls on a speaker phone only and then phone calls were eliminated after an incident with one of the children.

THEN a new judge enters the scene and seems to reverse all this and permit FD to take the children unsupervised as far as I can tell for the 2 days over Memorial Day weekend. It took JD nearly 2 years of hard slogging in court to get the visitation issue buttoned up and then enter Judge Heller and everything changed. My bet is that JD was not only fearful for her safety but hugely angry about what had happened.

My question is why did the Judge reverse nearly 2 years of rulings on visitation? She made a vague statement about the importance of children seeing their father etc. But frankly such statements in light of what the court knew and we are beginning to learn about FD are irrelevant IMO. It is also baffling to me that the one weekend where he was finally able to take the children unsupervised it now looks like he and his mistress did away with JD? This leads me to question what, if any commitment he had to the children? I'm still trying to understand what kicked off the events at JD house. Was this premeditated around the fact that he would have the children for 2 days or was this an explosion of anger that resulted after some argument/discussion with JD etc.?

Do you have a cite for this? I see one judge, judge Donna Heller and no change to the unsupervised contact, although he received much more time. But none of his contact was overnight, unless I have missed something:

"Judge Donna Heller changed what had been extremely limited access to the children for Fotis Dulos, allowing him every-other-weekend visits to the home in Farmington where they grew up. The judge changed the schedule even though she previously had called Fotis Dulos “a liar who willingly ignored court orders” by allowing his girlfriend access to his five children, despite a court order explicitly ordering him not to do that.

After several contentious months of hearings, and with reports from therapists and a guardian ad litem, Heller ruled Fotis Dulos could have supervised visitation rights with his children that included having the kids every other weekend, starting at the end of March. He was allowed to spend seven hours with the children in Fairfield County on Saturdays and six hours with them in Hartford County on Sundays, including at his Farmington home.

“The court finds it is in the children’s best interests that they have regular supervised parenting time with the defendant every other weekend,” Heller said.

The judge even accommodated the Easter holiday weekend switching weekends so that the children would spend it with their father and his family. Dulos is a Greek citizen. The judge did place numerous restrictions on the visits from no discussion of the pending court case to no one-on-one conversations with any of the children unless a court-authorized supervisor was present. He also was barred from talking to his children in Greek to try and circumvent the supervisor’s presence."
Police: Blood-stained clothing of missing New Canaan mother Jennifer Dulos found in Hartford trash cans, records show husband’s phone was in the area night she disappeared

Emphasis by me.

"The five Dulos children were set to have supervised visits with their dad over Memorial Day Weekend, according to a relaxed visitation schedule obtained by The Courant."
Sponges and clothing stained with blood of missing Connecticut mom revealed as estranged hubby and his girlfriend appear in court

Emphasis by me.

Supervised visitation is highly restrictive so if that's "relaxed" from what it was, it is still super restrictive in the world of family law, which is what I practice. And the judge seems to have relied on recommendations form therapists and the childrens' GAL, which is appropriate.

If there's other info, let me know.

I explained the issue judges have in cases like this in more detail on the previous thread:

My clients feel the same way at times. But from the judge's perspective they have endless, non-stop cases where people make up the most outlandish things about one another and/or are caught lying or violating orders.

But they don't end in murder.

In pretty much every state the standard is the best interests of the children and most states believe that frequent and continuous access to both parents is best.

So the end goal is always time with a parent even if that parent is troubled.

Here, this guy was granted supervised visitation. That's highly restrictive in the world of family law. Someone has to essentially babysit him and follow him during all his time with the kids.

And he was not granted overnights.

Eventually those restrictions would probably be lifted though if he demonstrated that he was calming down or had taken an anger management course or something.

It's frustrating because sometimes these parents really damage the kids. But the parental relationship and parental rights are sacrosanct.

That's why in the dependency court system reunification is the end goal even in cases like little Maleah Davis, who kept showing up at the hospital with suspicious "injuries" and we all know how that turned out.

But the fact is that in 99.9999% of family law cases, no one ends up dead.

Of course that doesn't factor in the emotional damage to kids from an angry, crazy parent but I guess they figure the emotional damage from not seeing a parent would be worse.

I will say that in the majority of cases parents acting out after separation and during the pendency of the case seem to calm down once the divorce action has concluded. And judges know that.

It's a hard thing to deal with for these judges who have nothing but crazy cases - one after another - and no real way to fix the parents. And no real way to tell which one will actually become that nightmare realized with a dead spouse or dead or physically damaged or kidnapped kids.

Silver Alert - CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

Also, again, no family law court orders would have prevented her murder.

If only I had it to do over again, knowing what all I know now!

I was so new to the legal system back then and my then STBX knew all the ways in and out of court, how to scare me, how to get way with being in contempt and most of all how to charm the judge!

I’ve since advised others how to speed up their divorce and how to keep the cost at a minimum.

You can file for divorce on line. I did. I have seen long protracted divorces, usually acrimonious, because generally one party wants to make it contentious. I left with literally nothing, and didn't care. Possessions are meaningless when you want to divorce a psychopath. Just leave, and be happy to be alive.

The more I read about how this is unraveling, the more I think letting the girlfriend out on bond is probably not going to end well. She might be the only witness to what happened to Jennifer. Some people would rather die than sell out their partner. She clearly would do anything for him, but this is JMO.

I used to work in the area years ago at Hartford Golf Club. They may have been members at some point since there was a vigil there this weekend.

This area literally goes from wealthy AF to poverty once you cross from West Hartford (where the golf club actually is) to Hartford. If they were members, FD knew this and likely was at least vaguely familiar with the area.

I'll try to see if I can find what street they're referencing. Four miles seems huge for that area, especially based on where I heard LE actually was Friday night.
Okay, I'm behind now, but Albany Ave in Hartford isn't even four miles long. Maybe it's a typo? Radius?

If Fotis Dulos dumped items in 30 locations - as reported - one would have to hope that he has not dismembered a body before these drops.

Likely already posted but I don't see any benefit to dropping evidence in thirty different places. What am I missing? How could anyone think that was a good idea? Doesn't that just make it thirty times more likely at least some evidence is found? MOO

I personally think the nanny came to do her thing, at home, noticed something not right, was possibly notified by the school and enacted a previously determined procedure... and drove the kids to NY. she certainly didn’t randomly get to NY and then determine there was an issue. MOO. Nanny’s know what’s up. She had the family car and the smarts, and she dealt with it. Good for her. MOO

Missing Connecticut mother Jennifer Dulos was the suspected victim of a "serious physical assault" at the home of her estranged husband, according to arrest warrants obtained Monday.

Clothing and sponges soaked with Jennifer Dulos' blood were found in trash cans in Hartford, where the documents said surveillance cameras captured a man appearing to be her husband, Fotis Dulos, disposing of garbage bags in more than 30 receptacles, according to the documents.

At one point the man believed to be Fotis Dulos was seen putting an item into a storm drain grate, the arrest warrants said. That item was later recovered, according to the documents.

Investigators have also recovered altered license plates, according to the documents.
Blood from missing Connecticut mom found on clothing, sponges in trash cans

ETA: Assault at home of estranged husband? I thought assault believed at at JD's rented residence.
bbm
If that's not premeditation, I don't know what is.

But premeditation does not seem to be a factor in CT law.

Connecticut Murder Laws
Like many other states, the most serious type of homicide in Connecticut is murder. However, unlike most states, Connecticut does not divide the crime into first and second degree murder laws. Instead, the Constitution State divides its murder laws based upon things such as whether an officer of the law was the victim, whether a felony was committed, and the type of felony committed.

Read more here:

Connecticut Murder Laws - FindLaw

The more I read about how this is unraveling, the more I think letting the girlfriend out on bond is probably not going to end well. She might be the only witness to what happened to Jennifer. Some people would rather die than sell out their partner. She clearly would do anything for him, but this is JMO.

Wonder if he knows that she's bonded out? I have a feeling they've mapped out a "what if" scenario but a couple of nights in jail may change that. The no contact between them will be interesting.

I am not sure what period of time you are referring but its not the time around the JD disappearance. You are so far as I can tell describing the visitation arrangements prior to the Judge allowing the Memorial Day weekend 2 day unsupervised visit.
Wait, Memorial Day visit was supposed to be unsupervised?

I think she would have to try to depart by land as any commercial carrier would be examining her passport as she boarded an international flight

You know, it wouldn’t surprise me ONE BIT if MT decides to leave the country, and without having cooperated with the authorities re: her lover’s part in this. I’ll bet there’s enough money to get her away so she doesn’t go to prison. I think he is going down, though, even if they don’t find Jennifer’s body. I mean, there are videos of him dumping 30 bags of ‘trash’ in Hartford, as well as cell records.

Likely already posted but I don't see any benefit to dropping evidence in thirty different places. What am I missing? How could anyone think that was a good idea? Doesn't that just make it thirty times more likely at least some evidence is found? MOO
Plus, when the garbage truck comes around to each dumpster/garbage can and loads the garbage into the garbage truck, it’ll all be together anyway!

Its interesting you bring up the Hartford Golf Club. I wonder if it was searched as it no doubt has water and woods? Does anyone local know?
I actually tried to look for any mention of the club related to the case earlier. I couldn't find anything except the vigil. If they did dump anything in that area though, it's very residential and wealthy. They likely would've been noticed.

It would be nice if she didn't walk away. But in my experience observing these kinds of cases, if they had enough to get them both and didn't need to put pressure on her for info, they would have charged both with more than they did.

And if they need more info to make further charges more solid, they are going ti have wheel and deal with her.

It's tactic.

Of course if they find the body without her help they may have enough to not have to plea down.

Let's pray for that.

I hope they find Jennifer’s body before MT decides to play ball-it would serve her right if there is no longer a deal on the table

I hope they find Jennifer’s body before MT decides to play ball-it would serve her right if there is no longer a deal on the table

I don’t think a single person would disagree with you there.

She has some leverage now, and a small opportunity to use it (if the DA obliges).

The window is closing.

I could see law enforcement continuing the search, and the DA approaching her with a deal once things become more clear, and if the body remains unrecovered.

If Jennifer is found before then, MT is you know what, out of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member