Found Deceased FL - Jenna Jacobsen, 20, Lake Worth Beach, Palm Beach County, 25 Apr 2019

So very sad for the family. Too bad there isn't more manpower in LE/Social service to assist people who are out on the streets in a manner that would be more protective for them.
Bones? She has only been missing since April. Doesn't it take much longer than a month and a half for a body to become skeletonized? @GraceG can you give me (us) some input here?

No, he isn't missing. He also isn't being named. Nor is it being insinuated that he has anything to do with her disappearance at all.

The problem is that both him and Jenna had an encounter with law enforcement at the same time and in the same place - this is the last time Jenna was reported seen. She was seen by law enforcement at that point and time. In fact, the date she was considering missing (April 25th) and the location where last seen is exactly the date and location of this incident. The only reporting of that comes in the publicly available Criminal Affidavit associated with the boyfriend's arrest as she is identified in the narrative of the encounter. Everything we can know about Jenna's last location comes from that publicly available legal document, which also isn't being directly shared but requires people to do work and find it via instructions.

The importance is that it shows what was going on at the time Jenna was last seen. It also shows that her boyfriend can't have anything to do whatsoever to her disappearance because he was in police custody prior to her disappearance and remained so for weeks.

So this isn't about sleuthing him to cast him as a suspect/poi but rather to demonstrate that it is impossible for him to be a suspect/poi and that the search for Jenna needs to be in some other direction.
It also provides the only context to the story of how she went missing. Her father didn't arrive in FL until she'd been missing almost a month. Without this info about the boyfriend and the circumstances on how and why she was considered missing, there would be nothing other than 20 yr old goes missing in FL after arriving to attend rehab. That tells you absolutely nothing.

So very sad for the family. Too bad there isn't more manpower in LE/Social service to assist people who are out on the streets in a manner that would be more protective for them.
Bones? She has only been missing since April. Doesn't it take much longer than a month and a half for a body to become skeletonized? @GraceG can you give me (us) some input here?
The very least the PD could have done is what they did. They could have & should have taken her to the station with them and allowed her to call her family. Something that simple would have changed the course of what happened. I find that unforgivable. They knew she was alone in a strange city, state & they took the phone. (This doesn't make sense to me - if the police took the phone that they -Jenna & boyfriend, had, how was he supposed to call her in 45 minutes? Yet that is what it says, and says that the Police had the phone when she went missing and her father was looking for her). They knew they were leaving her on the streets with nothing & knowing no one. That's horrendous.

Sister remembers 20-year-old found dead; foul play suspected

The Daily Mail article stayed the facility she was a patient suddenly shut down?

The Edge Recovery is not closed.?

So if she was going to another facility, did she make a pit stop along the way?

Why wouldn’t the new facility send someone to get her?

Was she recruited to continue treatment in Florida? Unscrupulous treatment centers use other addicts to recruit, especially to Florida.

A lot of questions as to what happened to this young lady. :(

Last edited:
It also provides the only context to the story of how she went missing. Her father didn't arrive in FL until she'd been missing almost a month. Without this info about the boyfriend and the circumstances on how and why she was considered missing, there would be nothing other than 20 yr old goes missing in FL after arriving to attend rehab. That tells you absolutely nothing.
Pretty much once you remove her boyfriend from the equation there is nothing left to work with - who she might have known in the area or where she might have gone - until she was found. And if we had no context for the last sighting (which is usually the situation with missing persons) there would be no way to adjust our focus in trying to find something that could lead to a tip that might lead to her.

Sister remembers 20-year-old found dead; foul play suspected

The Daily Mail article stayed the facility she was a patient suddenly shut down? And there is no mention of a boyfriend.

So if she was going to another facility, did they make a pit stop along the way? Why wouldn’t the new facility send someone to get her?
A lot of questions as to what happened to this young lady. :(
The Daily Mail isn't a good source for this particular case if they don't report anything about the context of where Jenna was last seen. The article linked below is a pretty good source of information. The quote from the article posted below doesn't quite have it right because per the affidavit for the arrest the narrative clearly states that the officer spoke to both of them and even saw her photo ID. What is also left out is that her boyfriend had a full extradition warrant out of New Jersey so was in custody of law enforcement throughout the time of Jenna missing and was returned to New Jersey by law enforcement.

Bones found in Lantana identified as missing woman
In a missing person's report, the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office said Jenna was last seen alive on April 25 in the 700 block of South H Street in Lake Worth Beach.

According to probable cause documents, deputies spotted her with 26-year-old Zachary Davis in an alleyway commonly used by drug addicts. Davis had a warrant out for his arrest in New York and ran when police tried handcuffing him. Deputies chased Davis, tased him and eventually arrested him.

Jacobsen was never heard from again.​

It’s Florida, it’s been exceptionally hot here the past several weeks. I am just 2 hours north from West Palm, so it would be even more hot and humid there. her body being skeletonized already doesn’t shock me :(

Route from where she was last seen to Lantana FL
Seems a straight shot down US 1 (is a main hwy that runs the length of the east coast of FL from the Keys all the way up to GA; runs parallel usually with I95 and is always mainland with access exits routes to causeways for the bridges to beaches) I live right on the east coast, so only 2 minutes from US 1 but also in our area, we have many homeless that live in the woods off US hwy1. It runs against the Indian river where I live. I would be curious to know if it is the same there.

Google Maps

Father heartbroken over discovery of daughter's remains in Lantana

Excerpt:

Jacobsen said his daughter disappeared four weeks ago after coming to Florida to go to a substance abuse treatment facility in Broward County. He said that facility suddenly shut down, and Jenna was transferring to a facility in West Palm Beach when something went wrong.

"They made it as far as Lake Worth, there was an altercation, and she disappeared," said Chris Jacobsen.

This is VERY WEIRD. They just shut down? Transferring? Transferring on their own? The facility was handling it?

And why didn’t she call her dad or any family when this happened for assistance if the facility “shut down” and they were then on street? :( or did I miss a report that they had?

JMO It almost seems more probable they left the facility and just did not contact family at all about it, due to relapsing? (Just spitballing ideas here, as there is not much info to go off of and the info we do have really makes little sense, and not victim blaming at all. Relapsing can be apart of the recovery process. Personal experience here. You feel ashamed, so would make sense if she did not reach out to her family)

This is all really sad And I really do hope the family can get answers. If the facility did just shut down and we have a case here of patient brokers (never heard of in my life before) we have a huge problem on top of another huge problem :(

Serial posting here, I apologize

This case is tugging at me. Due to the location but because I have a Jenna too, early 20s. Losing her would be utmost devastation to me.

Would they be able to do drug analysis as part of the autopsy just with having her bones to work with? does anyone know?

This article has a little more info from the aunt. Still just very bizarre

Officials: Missing LI woman found dead in Florida

Homicide detectives are investigating the death of Jenna Jacobsen, whose East Islip family said she was trying to kick her opioid habit when she left a New Jersey medical detox center in late April after being lured to another one in Florida, with a promise of recovering among "sunshine and palm trees.".....

Jacobsen and her friend found a treatment facility in Palm Beach County and waited at a convenience store in a bad part of Lake Worth to be picked up, the aunt said. But the pair caused a commotion, Jean Jacobsen said, and when police arrived, they found her companion had a warrant and arrested him, leaving her alone.

When the driver from the treatment facility arrived, Jacobsen had vanished, her aunt said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back