Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems so young to already have two different families. I wonder if he continued on with his trip to visit with his other kids, and if their mother had any information about his whereabouts during that time, although I don't know if that would fit into the timeframe. Maybe not.
But the "mistress" must know something about where he was, since Q apparently spoke to her before he went to visit DV.
I wonder if she gave Q some information that was incriminating, and he used that to get him to reveal certain details. He did say DV was surprised he had talked to her. Maybe he realized that the story would eventually come out as there were so many witnesses so he might as well tell Q what happened. Maybe he thought everything he said was going to be kept confidential. Imo

KHOU 11 News Houston on Twitter
We know now that the remains found in Arkansas are Maleah Davis, but there are still a lot of questions about this case. @BrandiKHOU with the three things you need to know this morning - https://on.khou.com/2Iijw70 #KHOU11 #HTownRush
D8NiKVUXUAEKJzj.jpg

6:28 AM - 4 Jun 2019

Courtney Carpenter on Twitter
The memorial outside the apartment where #MaleahDavis once lived is growing. This Sunday @HoustonTX City Hall will be lit up in pink, her favorite color. Rest In Peace, Maleah. @CW39Houston
D8NxsV2XYAIgAt1.jpg
D8NxsVnW4AIml2x.jpg
D8NxsVyWwAA7zNV.jpg

6:50 AM - 4 Jun 2019 from Houston, TX

East Houston Breaking News on Twitter
Join us on going pink for Maleah. #GopinkforMaleah Maleah Davis was killed by her stepfather who is in custody by HPD. To remember Maleah Davis we are going pink, Maleah’s favorite color, for the next few weeks. You can wear pink, #drivepink, put up pink lights.#NewProfilePic
D8N6CQyXUAEfqAc.jpg

7:27 AM - 4 Jun 2019

Lane Luckie on Twitter
MEMORIAL FOR MALEAH: Service, bubble release, walk planned this weekend in memory of 4-year-old #MaleahDavis https://bit.ly/2MrYg4a
• Saturday, 10 AM
• Red River Truck Stop
• Hwy. 355 S; Fulton, AR
D8NIC0XXYAA41m-.jpg

6:00 AM - 4 Jun 2019

[URL="https://www.kltv.com/2019/06/04/memorial-set-saturday-late-maleah-davis/"]Memorial set Saturday for the late Maleah Davis[/URL]
  • A memorial at 10 a.m. Saturday will honor the life of 4-year-old Maleah.
  • Held at the Red River Truck Stop at Exit 18 off Interstate 30 at Fulton, Ark.
  • The event also will include a walk and a balloon release.

City Hall to light up pink for Sunday's 'Walk with Maleah'
[...]

"Walk with Maleah" is what Smith is calling the event.

She hopes hundreds will join her and Maleah's family Sunday outside of city hall at 7:54 a.m., the very last time Maleah was believed to be seen alive on surveillance. She was following behind Derion Vence in her pink tutu.

Pink was Maleah's favorite color, and it's the shade that Smith hopes everyone will wear in the child's honor Sunday.

The city of Houston is on board with this event. The mayor says they plan to light up city hall pink in honor of the 4-year-old.

They will walk from there to the jail, and Smith told ABC13 they plan to have all children shout Maleah's name over and over in hopes that Derion Vence, who is still jailed there, will hear.

[...]

Well shes looking to be holding up well. I'm going with "heavily drugged to prevent total breakdown". I dont believe it, but whatever.

i don't live in a America so not up on the norms especially with so many state variances you guys have but a thought just came to me reading this post, whats the meth/ice situation in their neck of the woods??
doesn't it make people cold, nasty narcs??
are we aware of any drug issues/addictions within the family tree?
moo
Don't know about that area, as far as drugs,etc, they certainly don't look like meth heads though.
MOO

I imagine the PI is for tracking down the Hispanic kidnappers (sarcasm). What a case this defense has been handed. I honestly do not know how attorneys represent evil people like this. I get someone has to do it but it must take a certain type...

BBM. This is my thought, exactly! No offense to anyone that has that profession. I understand someone has to do it....I just don’t understand ‘how’! I’ve asked myself this many times over the years!

I imagine the PI is for tracking down the Hispanic kidnappers (sarcasm). What a case this defense has been handed. I honestly do not know how attorneys represent evil people like this. I get someone has to do it but it must take a certain type...

I look at it a couple of ways.

No matter how evil you are, you're entitled to a defense in this country.

I'm hoping he has an excellent defense lawyer. Tip top in fact. Less chances of filing an appeal based on inadequate defense. :)

I'm always rooting for these nasty people to get fantastic defense attorneys though. One less appeal chance down the road. Of course, that sometimes backfires. But not often.

BBM. This is my thought, exactly! No offense to anyone that has that profession. I understand someone has to do it....I just don’t understand ‘how’! I’ve asked myself this many times over the years!
I look at it a couple of ways.

No matter how evil you are, you're entitled to a defense in this country.

I'm hoping he has an excellent defense lawyer. Tip top in fact. Less chances of filing an appeal based on inadequate defense. :)

I'm always rooting for these nasty people to get fantastic defense attorneys though. One less appeal chance down the road. Of course, that sometimes backfires. But not often.

I agree with all points in both of your posts. I personally cannot imagine defending someone you know or feel is guilty (especially of a child crime) but I guess thank goodness there are those who can do it.

Yeah, as far as inadequate counsel, it is one of many reasons for appeal. I agree, give him a good attorney.

I recall the earliest media citing that neither BB or DV had criminal records.

I also recall DV's dad making it a point to tell the reporter that St Louis is a difficult/high crime place, and for a young black man to make it out without a record is very significant.

(I believe there's probably some truth to that as I'm following another case in St Louis and there's definitely issues with police, public, and politics).

Also - there was a female reporter who accepted public investigative questions and responded on her Facebook -- can't recall her name at this hour but she also accessed the CPS records and shared much info until the gag order.

MOO

I didn't think so. Even though I could not recall, I usually do recall if I have heard about prior crimes or a record in a case, if that makes any sense lol.

I have heard that about St. Louis as well. It does seem to me like a bit of an odd thing to bring up and point out (the father--at least at that point in time when she was missing). I would imagine LE has talked with the mother of his other child as to whether he was abusive to her or the children if there was a relationship there. However, maybe he is not abusive to his own children, not unheard of.

I saw a lot on here about the CPS records until the gag order but did not do FB--if it was shared on here I probably saw it though.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Don't know about that area, as far as drugs,etc, they certainly don't look like meth heads though.
MOO
Southwest Houston/Sugar Land area is probably no different than any other areas of Houston or parts of the country around large cities. Drugs are everywhere. Most of the stuff comes from Mexico/Central America and all kinds of people get busted with everything.

We want all the positive attention that can be gathered for that sweet baby Maleah. She’s worth it all and much, much more. I hope the ones that hurt her see how much she is loved all over the world. Love and Peace for you Maleah.

I love the Go Pink for Maleah idea. I wonder how BB feels seeing all attention Maleah is getting. It must be at least a little strange considering it appears she didn't care much for her.
Although she did make a statement on her FB that was reported by MSM about how proud she was of Maleah because she has brought the community together and how much she loved her and she had touched people all over the world, etc, etc.
She promptly took it down because of the criticism and the fact that she also had a bunch of pictures of DV on it as well. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie