Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CPS reports are very worrying to say the least - Maleah and her brothers should have been removed a long time ago IMHO
They were removed, and then returned for a six month period under CPS supervision. BB was waiting for the court hearing on the 22nd to determine whether or not she (and the father) should be given legal custody. At the time of Maleah's death CPS still had legal custody. Imo

Who is the gag order really protecting?
MOO is that gag was put into place to "protect" CPS. There were people protesting outside the CPS building after the documents started getting released (and rightly so, there needs to be a change) so IMO they put the gag order in so that CPS would stop coming under fire. I don't feel like it was for any other reason besides to cover people's *advertiser censored**.
MOO

MOO is that gag was put into place to "protect" CPS. There were people protesting outside the CPS building after the documents started getting released (and rightly so, there needs to be a change) so IMO they put the gag order in so that CPS would stop coming under fire. I don't feel like it was for any other reason besides to cover people's *advertiser censored**.
MOO

Agreed!!!

They were removed, and then returned for a six month period under CPS supervision. BB was waiting for the court hearing on the 22nd to determine whether or not she (and the father) should be given legal custody. At the time of Maleah's death CPS still had legal custody. Imo

Yup - my point is they should never have been returned IMO.

MOO
Right.

I'm in total agreement with this. It's not like they found a couple bruises and that was it. The poor baby had to have half her skull removed because of multiple injuries. I understand that they couldn't find definitive proof how the injuries happened, but IMO the fact that there were more than one and extremely serious injuries at that, they shouldn't have been returned and there should have been more than a few parenting classes they needed to take. My heart just breaks for Maleah, she could have been saved, this didn't need to happen.

I'm in total agreement with this. It's not like they found a couple bruises and that was it. The poor baby had to have half her skull removed because of multiple injuries. I understand that they couldn't find definitive proof how the injuries happened, but IMO the fact that there were more than one and extremely serious injuries at that, they shouldn't have been returned and there should have been more than a few parenting classes they needed to take. My heart just breaks for Maleah, she could have been saved, this didn't need to happen.
Everyone protected,and covered except Maleah. From who she was sent back to,to who was in charge of legal custody, to who signed off on all of it.
Apt name Gag order, it's all a nasty pill to gag on and swallow.
MOO

It's also so confusing to me that Derion didn't appear to be named when the CPS docs were released originally. Like what?? He lived in the home and it appears the injuries started when he came into her life. Maleah literally had no one in her corner. It disgusts me to no end. IMO

Ita.

That photo of Maleah with her head twice its' size , and blackened and bruised eyes -- swollen shut .. horrific. :(
No way did that happen from a 'fall onto the coffee table', nor did it occur from roughhousing with her brother.
Someone beat her in the head and face for a very long time !

Odd how we always hear they don't have enough funding,or support, yet they have all the power,or are given all the power by Judges. They call the shots.
MOO
True - there are also plenty of cases where they abuse that power and take kids from perfectly fine parents for stupid reasons. It's perfectly legal for them to do so, they can come in and take custody for little to no reason, then the parents have to battle them in court. Yet, leave children who are obviously in danger with their abusers, because ???

I try not to look at it as defending a criminal so much as it is making sure their rights are properly defended precisely so they do not get away with it.

I know some defense attorneys will do anything to find a loophole to get their client off, but I try to imagine most are good and honest and want to do the right thing.

Some of these cases though...it’s hard to keep positive sometimes.

Social workers in the UK (equivalent to CPS in USA) are also always under fire and it’s true the paperwork, lack of funding and job cuts do make their job much more difficult. I just feel having read that report her injuries were truly horrific and the doctors believed it was in no way related to the excuse of ‘falling off a table’. That mother looks cold. IMHO

Last edited:
Yes, I agree. I have never seen a case where children were not removed with as much evidence as they had yet this was the decision made by the courts.
Apparently there is a huge problem with the foster care system in Texas, as well as other places I'm sure.
I just know from what I have read that they were taking steps to try to fix it, and maybe "reunification" is part of that. Not that it's a solution, obviously. Imo

True - there are also plenty of cases where they abuse that power and take kids from perfectly fine parents for stupid reasons. It's perfectly legal for them to do so, they can come in and take custody for little to no reason, then the parents have to battle them in court. Yet, leave children who are obviously in danger with their abusers, because ???
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Questions to people with a professional medical background:

• With Maleah's ER visits last summer, would the xray of her skull fracture be able to determine if that fracture was sustained closer to July 28 or July 10? The xrays were taken on August 1. I'm not sure if a 3 week old fracture would appear to be the same as one that was as fresh as 4 days old.
  • On July 10, Maleah went to the ER due to vomiting blood and extreme lethargy. She was held overnight for observation and released. Apparently was fine for several weeks and then had another head injury on July 28, which was treated without any xrays or imaging tests. On August 1, she began having seizures. Pathologists report showed both chronic and acute subdural hematomas, so it would appear that the July 10 ER visit was the first, or chronic hematoma, and the acute hematoma was incurred on July 28. My question is whether Maleah's symptoms on July 10 were most likely early onset symptoms, or delayed symptoms, given the history?

It is such a huge problem. CPS in many states is often under fire, for cases similar to this one that occur at an alarming rate (and were preventable). It's infuriating that they never take responsibility. Yes, sometimes people step down, but the system itself never changes.

Ugh, I can't remember the name of the little boy, but there was a case a few years ago in Massachusetts where a small boy went missing and was found in a suitcase on the side of the road. The mom/step dad were arrested. Come to find out, the boy had been missing for several months before he was reported missing. He was school age, too, and the school didn't contact anyone (even though he had been absent for SEVERAL MONTHS). The parents didn't file the missing person report. It was his sister who started the investigation; she went to school one day and said, "Hey, I haven't seen my brother for awhile."

CPS was supposed to be doing regular check ups on the household for alleged abuse of the young boy, but it came out that they weren't doing them. There was a huge protest against DSS and the head eventually stepped down, but again, what does that do to change the system that failed?

How many more times does this exact scenario have to play out before something changes? The exact same thing keeps happening, and has been happening for years. CPS just waits for the outrage to die down then continues on as usual until the next tragedy happens.

And the social workers aren't (always) to blame. The problem is higher than that. Largely, CPS is a second thought to government entities and isn't given enough funding/support.

I vaguely remember that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member