WA WA - Jean-marc Faubert, 28, Burlington, 25 May 2018

Perhaps he was happy BECAUSE he had an exit plan.
A brilliant girl I knew meticulously planned her death. in hindsight, she never seemed happier or prouder than in the weeks leading up to it (IMO relief was in sight, everything going to plan). Ugh.

I never realized that. But very well could be why.

Perhaps he was happy BECAUSE he had an exit plan.
A brilliant girl I knew meticulously planned her death. in hindsight, she never seemed happier or prouder than in the weeks leading up to it (IMO relief was in sight, everything going to plan). Ugh.

This is exactly what I have heard many times. Sometimes, the last day or days of a person's life, they are the happiest because their "plan" is in motion, and they know when the pain will end. :(

I'm local to the area and have visited the Deception Pass Bridge a few times when I was kid. From reading about some recent jumpers the last few years, their bodies were found the next day on nearby beaches. I know the currents are harsh and fast, I think more so than the Bay Area of San Francisco. But anyone know the exact statistics of bodies of DP jumpers that are found or not found after a jump?

And I wondered if Jean's body wasn't found, was anything else found? Like clothing or personal belongings perhaps? I don't want to sound mean or incentive to his girlfriend/fiancé or his family and friends, but maybe there is chance that he is still alive?! He could have had last minute reconsiderations and decided to leave on his own accord on foot. Perhaps hitchhiked out of the area. Maybe wanting to live a new life under a new identity, without feeling trapped.

It's just odd and extremely sad that there hasn't been something publicly and officially announced, especially since it's been over a year now.

This should be considered RUMOR. A very poignant couple of posts were made by his GF on FB this year around the one year anniversary mark. She indicated that there was a suicide note on his computer. She said it shocked her to the core, but has finally accepted it. Just paraphrasing, but it doesn’t surprise me in this case.

This should be considered RUMOR. A very poignant couple of posts were made by his GF on FB this year around the one year anniversary mark. She indicated that there was a suicide note on his computer. She said it shocked her to the core, but has finally accepted it. Just paraphrasing, but it doesn’t surprise me in this case.

That is really sad. At least a note gives closure to what happened to him. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Cross-posting from “CANADA - Canada - Human Foot in size 9½ Nike Free RN running shoe, black swoosh logo, W. Vancouver, Sep 2018”:
“[SBM]

By the way, I just looked at B.C. Coroners Service’s website again, and it appears that the foot that was found along a West Vancouver beach in September 2018 has been identified:
“In September 2018, a left foot was found along a rocky beach in West Vancouver. DNA analysis linked this foot to a male that went missing earlier that year.”
uhrfootmap2019_10.png

CAEB2528-9E2C-45EE-9DC7-B73856FB3CD0.jpeg
Coroners Service Special Investigations Unit - Province of British Columbia

I have looked, but so far have not been able to find the identity of the person that the foot has been linked to.

Cross-posting from “CANADA - Canada - Human Foot in size 9½ Nike Free RN running shoe, black swoosh logo, W. Vancouver, Sep 2018”:
“[SBM]

By the way, I just looked at B.C. Coroners Service’s website again, and it appears that the foot that was found along a West Vancouver beach in September 2018 has been identified:
“In September 2018, a left foot was found along a rocky beach in West Vancouver. DNA analysis linked this foot to a male that went missing earlier that year.”
uhrfootmap2019_10.png

View attachment 251945
Coroners Service Special Investigations Unit - Province of British Columbia

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/canada-human-foot-in-size-9½-nike-free-rn-running-shoe-black-swoosh-logo-w-vancouver-sep-2018.423318/#post-16168686

Hi! First time poster.

I was stationed at NAS Whidbey Island at the same time as Petty Officer Faubert and it was a terrible tragedy to lose a Sailor...it hurts every single time.
I was recently browsing Twitter and I saw that his girlfriend/fiancé/partner posted a “two years later” update:
“Two years ago, I got a call Friday morning that my partner didn’t show up to work. Thinking he slept in, I headed over to check. On my way there I got another call, this time from the police. His car was found parked at Deception Pass, a bridge notorious for suicide. I spent my drive telling myself everything is okay, but when I got to his house, two police officers told me they found the worst thing imaginable: a suicide note on his PC. The time stamp of the note was the same time we were sharing P5 memes and planning our marriage weekend. I could go into detail about the emotional and physical pain I experienced from desperately searching the coast of Puget Sound, and the PTSD that still haunts from the insane harassment I received from my viral missing person post.. but none of it matters. He was never found. I prayed everyday he would show up, but I quickly realized he never will. I accepted once someone jumps from that bridge, its almost impossible for their body to resurface But I’m okay with it. I dont want him to be found now, because I never want to experience that pain again. It’s been two years and I still tell myself I should’ve driven up that night, I should’ve reached out to his commander when he was stressed about work to make sure they were taking care of him. I know this isn’t my fault, but I will forever feel guilty for the steps I didn’t take. Suicide is an awful disease that can rapidly take anyone. It took the kindest, funniest, smartest, and most beautiful person I’ve ever known. A person I constantly reminded how incredibly special and loved they are, and I wish everyday we could’ve help him before it was too late. If you are ever experiencing ideations or feeling extremely low, please reach out to someone or a professional. There are people who love you and care about you more than you could ever imagine RIP Jean Marc Faubert, my beautiful soulmate. You are forever loved and missed by us.”

Her twitter handle is @wisalallen if you’d like to see the update for yourself. I think that clears up any rumors about a possible suicide note and why the family and the Navy didn’t push for further investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back