Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll admit I’ve skimmed the paperwork regarding the arrests, but I cannot offhand remember the exact wording as it relates to the “30 trash stops.” In my mind, just because they dumped trash at 30 different locations doesn’t mean they had 30 trash bags. Maybe they had ten, and opened up various bags and deposited misc items from each one along the way. Clearly they wanted to scatter their evidence, but nowhere do I see it specifically say they scattered 30 trash bags full of stuff. Am I wrong? I admit I don’t know the document word for word.

I’ll admit I’ve skimmed the paperwork regarding the arrests, but I cannot offhand remember the exact wording as it relates to the “30 trash stops.” In my mind, just because they dumped trash at 30 different locations doesn’t mean they had 30 trash bags. Maybe they had ten, and opened up various bags and deposited misc items from each one along the way. Clearly they wanted to scatter their evidence, but nowhere do I see it specifically say they scattered 30 trash bags full of stuff. Am I wrong? I admit I don’t know the document word for word.
Yeah, I think that’s accurate.

We don’t know how these items were packaged, and there very well may not have been 30 bags.

There were simply 30 locations.

I checked at Home Depot last night

13-Gallon kitchen size bags (mostly all white, not black)

20-30 Gallon “Trash bags”. Only in black

32-33 Gallon “Lawn bags: Only in black, Glad brand are Force-Flex extra-strong Odor-Neutralizing

49-55 Gallon “Contractor: bags: Only in black and usually the very heavy thickness.

There are some bags on line that come in odd sizes: 18 gal, 20 gal, 39 gal.
Well hopefully it sounds like they used the same size/color bags....maybe they were extra stupid and they were those small bags you put in trash cans that are blue, pink ;)

Good evening all. I see Jennifer hasn't been found, where could she be? I wonder if they turned their phones off while they hid her? LE has to have alot of info about their activities during those critical first hours.

But even if phones are turned *off*, can't records of their GPS coordinates still be tracked by the cell phone provider in the event of a serious crime, and handed over to LE -- if needed? MOO

I originally thought they dumped and LE found thirty bags. Reading more today, it looks like they STOPPED at least thirty times, and LE only recovered a fraction of the bags.

I've explained ad nauseum, how the system works.

First of all, someone was going to search for evidence that he had been granted unsupervised visitation. @afitzy ? But this far, all I have are news reports which state his visits were to be supervised. Which makes sense. It's why his mother in law was able to hide the kids under armed guard. If he had unsupervised access he would have immediately been granted his motion for return of the kids to him but as his motion states, the judge has "limited" him.

Second, allowing kids to drive a car is enough to cause supervised visitation, but realize this appears to have happened during the marriage (because she states she was present).

She didn't call the police then. There is no record of her calling the police about that which the news would jump on.

Court's aren't going to say, "oh, you claim something occurred during the marriage and you took no legal action then, but now that you're getting a divorce and want to use it against him, we are going to believe you and bar him from any unsupervised contact."

Instead they're going to say, "when did this happen? Did you call the police? Did you call CPS? No? But NOW you want ME to do something about it?"

"Do you know how many people lie or exaggerate to get an advantage in a custody case? Who am I supposed to believe?"

My understanding is he had unfettered access to the kids at first because like most cases it was a he said she said situation with no hard proof either way.

It's obvious to us now that he likely did all that because we are know he probably killed his wife. That makes everything in retrospect
That she said, clearly true.

But the judge didn't have the benefit of the knowledge we have now. She's not psychic. All she had was two people making allegations (he said his wife was nuts, on anti-psychotics, which is serious, and anti-anxiety medications, she said he was abusive and controlling. These are both very common allegations that are sometimes true, sometimes lies and sometimes only partially accurate).

From what I've seen, once the judge caught him lying and trying to manipulate the kids, his access was seriously restricted to professionally supervised and limited. Since then it has gradually increased time wise, which is normal. Eventually if he continued to behave, and got good reports from the professional supervisor, contact would become unsupervised.

I haven't seen that happen yet.

But let's say it did. Let's say the judge granted unsupervised for memorial at weekend. And let's say for sake of argument that she went totally rogue and for no reason did so in complete opposition to what the experts she appointed (therapists and GAL):

Did he kill the kids? Did he kidnap them?

I mean what am I missing? How would family law child visitation orders that possibly evolved into unsupervised visits which did not take place yet (the murder happened before he was scheduled to have the kids), how does that possibly relate to the murder of his wife?

A supervised visitation order would not relate in any way or prevent in any way, what this maniac did.

Frankly, neither would a restraining order which was not before he court at the time of the murders.

Because restraining orders help keep the peace. They help angry people who might go make a scene or continue to harass an ex, accountable and can prevent them from continuing the behavior for fear of jail, loss of license and los of custody.

But they never stop premeditated murder.

But that's not the issue. Please someone tell me how an order for an unsupervised visit that was not set to occur prior to the date of the disappearance, is responsible or contributed to the murder.

If it is true that his access was made less restrictive, that should make him less angry. Not more.

I'm not understanding.

Finally, judges are appointed to the bench due to their work ethic, reputation and intelligence. They are expected to be able to handle cases in any department- probate, juvenile dependency, criminal, civil litigation, family law.

Few of the family law judges I appear before have prior experience as family law attorneys. More often they have experience as a prosecutor, appellate experience or simply experience at a major law firm doing incredible work, typically civil litigation.

Judge Heller was appointed in 2012 to the Superior Court. Her past experience in family law is irrelevant to her ability to understand the law and rule. These judges, if they're placed in a department they haven't had much experience litigating in, will learn quickly. They study, observe and get mentoring by colleagues.

But their ability to read people, understand the law and asses facts quickly is not dependent on the kind of law they won't practiced or what department they've been a judge in.

So can someone explain to me why the judges and family law attorneys in this family's case are to blame for Jennifer's murder due to the custody orders?

I'm not getting the connection.

Yes. Simple. When one parent actively endangers the welfare and safety and lives of his/her children, (so much evidence of this presented just in these threads) the court needs to take action to protect those children from that parent. The case comes before that court for such action. And I totally disagree about the fact that the judge's inexperience in family law had a negative effect here. But that is not to say that family law judges are any better at doing the right thing, as a rule. As I have said the system is broken. Families are broken, the system is broken and the world is broken. But still, one judge, in one case, one person in one situation can make a difference by doing the right thing, at any time, or all the time. It's that simple. The system is set up to make money; lawyers are more interested in that than in the welfare of children involved. Judges can be corrupt and bought off by one party. I think there is more than enough evidence to satisfy you that the court has not performed as it should have in this case. Jennifer is dead. She sacrificed herself so that her children could live and grow up. She knew that he would never stop torturing her or them. No one protected her from her ex-husband. The children are safe only by the Grace of God and their grandmother and nanny, and likely the careful planning of their late Mother.

Last edited:
Hartford, Connecticut Breaking News, Sports & Entertainment - Hartford Courant

Please read this article. One of many that cites the judges decision for a "relaxed schedule" which she instituted in March. So yea, it did happen!
No it did not. A relaxed SCHEDULE means FD had more time with the children but the visitation was still supervised and other restrictions were also in place. For example, no private conversations with the children and no interaction with MT or her child.

JMO

So apparently, the nanny did not put an “emergency plan” in place by taking the children to New York. That was pre-arranged according to this document.
That's correct. According to the grandmother's court filing, JD and her children were already planning to visit her in NYC that day. I think it was JD's friends who notified LE that day.

JMO

This case is making my heart hurt.

My parents went through a contentious divorce when I was 5, and when I was 7 or 8, my dad was briefly imprisoned for criminal threatening. I remember he made very specific and violent death threats against my mother, and although he never harmed her, it terrified me. I had recurring nightmares for months about my dad carrying my mother's body out of our house and to his red Ford Focus in a big black garbage bag. I'll never forget that image, ever.

I just can't imagine the horrors that these children are going to have to live through once they find their mother's body and they realize that their father is capable of the monstrosity it requires to murder another human being. And their horror won't be in their nightmares, it will be in the mainstream media. They'll know exactly what happened. Ugh.
I agree. I also think that unfortunately, they are well aware of the monstrosities their father is capable of; I think their lives have been full of them.

Here is the full petition made by Mrs. Farber for custody of her 5 grandchildren.

Makes a powerful plee IMO for custody and also discussed her/atty's view on the impact that this entire process has had on the 5 children.

They are using a great law firm to make their case. Pullman and Comley is well regarded. It seems like a no brainer.

One bit of information many have been thinking about is why the nanny brought the kids to NYC on that Friday. The document says the kids coming to the city was planned. So it seems that JD not showing up at mom's apt. after the appointments was the beginning of the concern. In the warrant we saw that the nanny is the person who let LE into the house that Friday night.

Last edited:
I've explained ad nauseum, how the system works.

First of all, someone was going to search for evidence that he had been granted unsupervised visitation. @afitzy ? But this far, all I have are news reports which state his visits were to be supervised. Which makes sense. It's why his mother in law was able to hide the kids under armed guard. If he had unsupervised access he would have immediately been granted his motion for return of the kids to him but as his motion states, the judge has "limited" him.

Second, allowing kids to drive a car is enough to cause supervised visitation, but realize this appears to have happened during the marriage (because she states she was present).

She didn't call the police then. There is no record of her calling the police about that which the news would jump on.

Court's aren't going to say, "oh, you claim something occurred during the marriage and you took no legal action then, but now that you're getting a divorce and want to use it against him, we are going to believe you and bar him from any unsupervised contact."

Instead they're going to say, "when did this happen? Did you call the police? Did you call CPS? No? But NOW you want ME to do something about it?"

"Do you know how many people lie or exaggerate to get an advantage in a custody case? Who am I supposed to believe?"

My understanding is he had unfettered access to the kids at first because like most cases it was a he said she said situation with no hard proof either way.

It's obvious to us now that he likely did all that because we are know he probably killed his wife. That makes everything in retrospect
That she said, clearly true.

But the judge didn't have the benefit of the knowledge we have now. She's not psychic. All she had was two people making allegations (he said his wife was nuts, on anti-psychotics, which is serious, and anti-anxiety medications, she said he was abusive and controlling. These are both very common allegations that are sometimes true, sometimes lies and sometimes only partially accurate).

From what I've seen, once the judge caught him lying and trying to manipulate the kids, his access was seriously restricted to professionally supervised and limited. Since then it has gradually increased time wise, which is normal. Eventually if he continued to behave, and got good reports from the professional supervisor, contact would become unsupervised.

I haven't seen that happen yet.

But let's say it did. Let's say the judge granted unsupervised for memorial at weekend. And let's say for sake of argument that she went totally rogue and for no reason did so in complete opposition to what the experts she appointed (therapists and GAL):

Did he kill the kids? Did he kidnap them?

I mean what am I missing? How would family law child visitation orders that possibly evolved into unsupervised visits which did not take place yet (the murder happened before he was scheduled to have the kids), how does that possibly relate to the murder of his wife?

A supervised visitation order would not relate in any way or prevent in any way, what this maniac did.

Frankly, neither would a restraining order which was not before he court at the time of the murders.

Because restraining orders help keep the peace. They help angry people who might go make a scene or continue to harass an ex, accountable and can prevent them from continuing the behavior for fear of jail, loss of license and los of custody.

But they never stop premeditated murder.

But that's not the issue. Please someone tell me how an order for an unsupervised visit that was not set to occur prior to the date of the disappearance, is responsible or contributed to the murder.

If it is true that his access was made less restrictive, that should make him less angry. Not more.

I'm not understanding.

Finally, judges are appointed to the bench due to their work ethic, reputation and intelligence. They are expected to be able to handle cases in any department- probate, juvenile dependency, criminal, civil litigation, family law.

Few of the family law judges I appear before have prior experience as family law attorneys. More often they have experience as a prosecutor, appellate experience or simply experience at a major law firm doing incredible work, typically civil litigation.

Judge Heller was appointed in 2012 to the Superior Court. Her past experience in family law is irrelevant to her ability to understand the law and rule. These judges, if they're placed in a department they haven't had much experience litigating in, will learn quickly. They study, observe and get mentoring by colleagues.

But their ability to read people, understand the law and asses facts quickly is not dependent on the kind of law they won't practiced or what department they've been a judge in.

So can someone explain to me why the judges and family law attorneys in this family's case are to blame for Jennifer's murder due to the custody orders?

I'm not getting the connection.

I do not disagree with anything you have stated. And I agree regardless of the visitation arrangement, FD thought getting rid of JD was going to solve all his problems. Once he made the decision, nothing was going to get in his way. MOO

But even if phones are turned *off*, can't records of their GPS coordinates still be tracked by the cell phone provider in the event of a serious crime, and handed over to LE -- if needed? MOO
Not if the phone is off.

The last location when the phone was shut off, is the only thing law enforcement would have.

Shell of a business, and a shell of a man.

Seems he was doing little more that leaching off his inlaws IMO

often borrowing money and instead of paying it back when the business deal was done, He would simply pocket it with no intentions of ever paying it back

And now that money had run out and it seems he was currently defrauding current clients by excessive add ons and dirty business practices

The whole thing was a house of cards

He was the worst of the worst before he ever became a murderer

I hope he rots

I do not disagree with anything you have stated. And I agree regardless of the visitation arrangement, FD thought getting rid of JD was going to solve all his problems. Once he made the decision, nothing was going to get in his way. MOO
Quoting myself— and FD is so arrogant he will blame JD for putting him in this position. My BF’s ex husband cheated on her. When he got caught, it was her fault because she went to the gym at 4:30 in the morning and took away from family time. You cannot reason with this type of crazy.

That's correct. According to the grandmother's court filing, JD and her children were already planning to visit her in NYC that day. I think it was JD's friends who notified LE that day.

JMO

I would think that JD's friends were in contact with her mother. Between friends and mom a call to the NCPD was probably decided upon. Someone had to find out that she did not make either appointment. Someone probably drove by her home and she wasn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam