The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
and these suits are tuxedos, semi-formal:

camilla-z.jpg

Note the fit on HRH Charles: buttoned with no strain on that button, pant legs "break" once on his shoe tops, his arms are behind his back but I expect one-half inch of shirt cuff shows with his arms to his sides. Looks like a shirt with studs, wonder what material those studs & his cuff links are?

Mr. President, this fit is better than his tail coat and the longer coat more suitable. He needs a pocket square, at his size there is just too much unrelieved black.

JMHO he needs a pocket square, and while we're on the subject an updated hairstyle.

Perhaps Camilla on that one, too....

JMHO YMMV

It was a state visit, so it's a little odd to bring a whole family entourage of people who have no visible role in government.

Its not really an issue, just a bit odd.
A little odd? Lol.

And who is paying for this little visit?
He's not here on behalf of the White House thou

We don't invite the 'governments' when it's Spain or the Netherlands (for example)
America doesn't have a monarchy so the President is the representative the 'Nation'

And apparently it's NOT so odd :)

The other royal family? Trump adult kids take London

"Doug Wead, who wrote a book about the children of U.S. presidents, said it was not inappropriate for a president's children to accompany their father to experience major moments with him, such as the state visit and Monday's banquet with the British royal family at Buckingham Palace.

"It's nothing new," said Wead, who worked for Republican President George H.W. Bush. Most Americans are used to having presidents with underage children, he said, "so we haven't seen what happens with older children." Recent presidents regularly took their younger children with them on foreign trips.

The Trump children have joined the president at high-profile moments before, including his State of the Union addresses."

It was a state visit, so it's a little odd to bring a whole family entourage of people who have no visible role in government.

Its not really an issue, just a bit odd.

It’s very odd. Recent Presidents have had younger children so it’s hard to compare. George H W Bush didn’t bring along his 5 adult children and their families on every state visit.

He's not here on behalf of the White House thou

We don't invite the 'governments' when it's Spain or the Netherlands (for example)
America doesn't have a monarchy so the President is the representative the 'Nation'

And apparently it's NOT so odd :)

"Doug Wead, who wrote a book about the children of U.S. presidents, said it was not inappropriate for a president's children to accompany their father to experience major moments with him, such as the state visit and Monday's banquet with the British royal family at Buckingham Palace.

"It's nothing new," said Wead, who worked for Republican President George H.W. Bush. Most Americans are used to having presidents with underage children, he said, "so we haven't seen what happens with older children." Recent presidents regularly took their younger children with them on foreign trips.

The Trump children have joined the president at high-profile moments before, including his State of the Union addresses."

I’m not sure comparing a bunch of married 40 year old adults to small children is really helping the argument here.

I also thought he was in a better fitting outfit here for sure.

His wife’s dress looks similar style that Kate? wore semi recently. Or Maybe Meagan ? Looks like a cape ? Idk. Meh no feelings either way.

You know he saw all the fun that was made online of his other get up :rolleyes:

and these suits are tuxedos, semi-formal:

camilla-z.jpg

Note the fit on HRH Charles: buttoned with no strain on that button, pant legs "break" once on his shoe tops, his arms are behind his back but I expect one-half inch of shirt cuff shows with his arms to his sides. Looks like a shirt with studs, wonder what material those studs & his cuff links are?

Mr. President, this fit is better than his tail coat and the longer coat more suitable. He needs a pocket square, at his size there is just too much unrelieved black.

JMHO he needs a pocket square, and while we're on the subject an updated hairstyle.

Perhaps Camilla on that one, too....

JMHO YMMV

Last edited:
It is really hard to listen to Trump who speaks with very few words such as “great” about everything.

Then I hear the incredible vocabulary and speech of the English people. What a contrast.

It is really hard to listen to Trump who speaks with very few words such as “great” about everything.

Then I hear the incredible vocabulary and speech of the English people. What a contrast.

I can’t. Seriously just can not listen to him speak for more than like 45-60 seconds. MAX. It’s almost painful.

Not that reading what he says is any better. But I have never been able to watch him speak more than a minute Or two at a time.

Melania Trump turns up the glam in Givenchy at Winfield House
camilla-z.jpg
"Wow! The Duchess of Cornwall has been one busy lady this week and has been rocking a great wardrobe to boot. On Tuesday evening, the wife of Prince Charles went to Winfield House - the residence of the Ambassador of the United States of America - where she mingled with Donald Trump and his wife, First Lady Melania."

melania-trump-z.jpg

Simply stunning

The Duchess of Cornwall stuns in white Fiona Clare gown as she mingles with Donald Trump & Melania | HELLO!
Camilla looks stunning.

I’m sorry, the stringy hair and cape thing is a no go.

It’s a pleasure to listen to anyone who has a command of the English language when they are speaking extemporaneously. Thankfully, there have been a fair number of U.S. Presidents who were easy on the ears. On the other hand, Trump even makes George W Bush sound eloquent! :)

I can’t. Seriously just can not listen to him speak for more than like 45-60 seconds. MAX. It’s almost painful.

Not that reading what he says is any better. But I have never been able to watch him speak more than a minute Or two at a time.

Speaking only of his delivery, and not the message, I’m in awe that you can make it a minute! It’s fingernails on a blackboard for me. The mute button is your friend. :D

It’s very odd. Recent Presidents have had younger children so it’s hard to compare. George H W Bush didn’t bring along his 5 adult children and their families on every state visit.

Good dang point!!

I can I understand only Ivanka and Jared (her as assistant to the president and him as advisor, yes, roll eyes, but whatever)

The only child that should have gone was Barron

And as American an citizen I have a right to complain :p

5810A443-A1B4-4049-BECA-79F9DD613087.jpeg 6BE9F53B-FEAE-4AA7-ADE9-7006E1001790.jpeg

This is true. I remember her at some commemoration ceremony for soldiers who fell in the two world wars and she was dressed all in leather.

She looked like Herr Flick of the Gestapo.

This horror above she should get LWOP for crimes against fashion. I can’t wait to see the back of that blue suit she always wears and the red one with the floral scarf.

Good dang point!!

I can I understand only Ivanka and Jared (her as assistant to the president and him as advisor, yes, roll eyes, but whatever)

The only child that should have gone was Barron

And as American an citizen I have a right to complain :p

I think Barron would have been bored by at all. A royal state banquet is my idea of a nightmare I would be worried sick in case you used the wrong cutlery. Then you have to stop eating when Her Majesty does what do you do if you are still hungry?

I think Barron would have been bored by at all. A royal state banquet is my idea of a nightmare I would be worried sick in case you used the wrong cutlery. Then you have to stop eating when Her Majesty does what do you do if you are still hungry?

But not visiting the palace I wouldn’t think or other spots in London? And oh well. Your dads the President of the US. Buck up pony boy!

I don’t think he would be going to the banquet would he? Did other presidents young children attend the banquets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects