OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some ponds nearby. I believe they've been searched by police. They are not large and tend to be shallow. Ponds like them tend to be man made by the property developers so water has a place to drain. There is a creek to the west of the area. It's unlikely he's in it, but not impossible.
Thank you so much. Appreciate the answer.

Yes, but there are supposedly cameras EVERYWHERE around that area, and they didn't pick up Tyler, except for him getting out of the Uber, anywhere either!!! Sorry for shouting & getting excited, but that's what I'm saying.

This gets brought up a lot BUT I don't believe it's entirely true... I do believe that Tyler may not be on camera as much as LE expect but I do suspect they have him on camera more than we are aware. The only real comments about camera footage come from BD early on, both before they were told not to release any further info and before it was apparently realized that Tyler may have walked in a direction other than what his Google timeline indicated...

Either way, we have no official confirmation from LE that the Hilton footage is the only footage that exists.

Bottom line is that many naturally suspect, at some level, that perhaps something was going on between BD and the friend.

I find this unlikely given that BD/TD do not live in the same city as the friend. It doesn't appear, based on what we know, that they would have had any real time or chance to interact on a regular basis let alone develop an affair.

Also, I could be wrong, but I think the only reason the friend was there that night was because of the fact he lived nearby. It's my understanding that some of her friends were supposed to come along too but couldn't in the end...

I find this unlikely given that BD/TD do not live in the same city as the friend. It doesn't appear, based on what we know, that they would have had any real time or chance to interact on a regular basis let alone develop an affair.

Also, I could be wrong, but I think the only reason the friend was there that night was because of the fact he lived nearby. It's my understanding that some of her friends were supposed to come along too but couldn't in the end...

They might not have been having an ongoing affair, but something could have developed over the course of their night out (flirting? a kiss?) that caused Tyler to get out of the car and storm off, never to be seen again. I do get the sense they were all 3 arguing about something. (Britney goes directly to the room, friend walks after Tyler but turns around out of frustration, Tyler walks completely off the hotel grounds to "cool down."). It makes the most sense (to me) that they were having a situation, but this is all pure speculation.

I sincerely hope he's found soon. It's been too long.

They might not have been having an ongoing affair, but something could have developed over the course of their night out (flirting? a kiss?) that caused Tyler to get out of the car and storm off, never to be seen again. I do get the sense they were all 3 arguing about something. (Britney goes directly to the room, friend walks after Tyler but turns around out of frustration, Tyler walks completely off the hotel grounds to "cool down."). It makes the most sense (to me) that they were having a situation, but this is all pure speculation.

I sincerely hope he's found soon. It's been too long.

I sort of agree. Sounds more likely that Tyler got mad about something, even if it was just his perception. He could've gotten jealous over something minor, or he was expecting them to go to McDonald's or something and got mad because he was hungry and they didn't stop. It sounds like it was fairly common for him to get unreasonably angry while drinking and tired, which I think neatly explains why his wife left him and his friend gave up, too. This was normal.

It sounds like it was fairly common for him to get unreasonably angry while drinking and tired, which I think neatly explains why his wife left him and his friend gave up, too. This was normal.

Yep, this. ^^^ Both new he was grumpy when he was exhausted or drinking, so there was nothing "odd" for them in this scenario... until he didn't come back.

This gets brought up a lot BUT I don't believe it's entirely true... I do believe that Tyler may not be on camera as much as LE expect but I do suspect they have him on camera more than we are aware. The only real comments about camera footage come from BD early on, both before they were told not to release any further info and before it was apparently realized that Tyler may have walked in a direction other than what his Google timeline indicated...

Either way, we have no official confirmation from LE that the Hilton footage is the only footage that exists.
If LE does have footage with Tyler on it, they sure have waited long enough for any potential witness to have forgotten about it.

I really do not have much confidence in LE in this case.
Time to get more info out. It really feels like they hope this case will go away if they'll just keep silent about it.
And I really hope I'm wrong.

IOW, maybe he never left alone to look for Tyler, or didn’t even follow after Tyler to watch over him, as has been alleged.

What if instead, he actually left with Tyler, in his car.

Maybe the whole narrative we have heard thus far has been to obscure the real truth.
I do think he never went after Tyler or not very far.

I can imagine him have a smoke outside instead.
BD stating in interviews she doesn't know where the friend last saw Tyler is absurd. And frankly I do not believe her. Like she hasn't had time to ask yet?

True Crime Garage just put out another update podcast this week (on their "Off The Record" episodes, #57), and they have spoken with LE investigating this case. According to them, LE is incredibly baffled as to why there is not more footage. Also, according to TCG, the only footage they definitely have is of the 3 of them getting out of the Uber at the Hilton and Tyler walking off. So yes, it does sound like there really is a lack of footage and this is not just a rumor or people speculating that LE is keeping it to themselves for some reason.

True Crime Garage just put out another update podcast this week (on their "Off The Record" episodes, #57), and they have spoken with LE investigating this case. According to them, LE is incredibly baffled as to why there is not more footage. Also, according to TCG, the only footage they definitely have is of the 3 of them getting out of the Uber at the Hilton and Tyler walking off. So yes, it does sound like there really is a lack of footage and this is not just a rumor or people speculating that LE is keeping it to themselves for some reason.
That's really, really weird. Does the guy have 'stealth mode'?

If he isn't in the footage but his phone does take the route where Tyler should be on camera, there must be someone else on the footage, or Tyler somehow looks different, different clothing, baseballcap?
If he's inside some vehicle or on a bike, that vehicle must be taking the route, but would be going faster than a walking person. Really, really strange.

I really wish TCG would put these 'off the record episodes' on youtube.

I do think he never went after Tyler or not very far.

I can imagine him have a smoke outside instead.
BD stating in interviews she doesn't know where the friend last saw Tyler is absurd. And frankly I do not believe her. Like she hasn't had time to ask yet?
Exactly, that’s the first thing to ask. I’d be interrogating him like no ones business. Instead she doesn’t show true concern for where Tyler is, or what had been going on. Instead she seems to just brush it all off, and deflects. It’s very concerning, IMO.

The two theories that make the most sense to me right now are:

1. He ended up walking somewhere and running into trouble beyond the current search grids. He could be laying in the elements and simply not where someone would be looking for him... Or...

2. He was picked up by someone(s) unknown, under the pretense of helping him get back to the hotel, and taken somewhere and dumped. Again outside the search area...

I know they have info from Google timeline as far as where he walked that night but it's also been said that may not have been entirely accurate and/or that the phone stopped tracking him well before his final location. The wife said his phone had a low charge too. I don't know about the android phone he had but on my iPhone; if it goes into energy saver mode then certain background events, like sending location data, may cease. There was recently the suggestion that Tyler had actually made it up by "Hampton by Hilton" instead and that puts him in a spot for something foul to more easily have happened to him, imo.

If someone robbed him outright or if it was a hit and run, they would have just left him there. People don't tend to take bodies and hide them in random occurrences like that.

So it makes the most sense to me that he willingly got into a car or left the area in some other fashion. It's always possible he's still near Easton. There are cases where people have been found mere feet away from prior search areas BUT with the amount of time that has passed, this seems less and less likely.
According to Brainscratch video, and the map which was taken from the search groups FB page, the area covered in the search was relatively small. I’m not sure how up to date that report is, but hopefully someone has decided to expand the area of the search, as many missing persons are found outside original search zones.

Also, there was a body found on the railroad property. I’m assuming the identity hasn’t been determined yet?

According to Brainscratch video, and the map which was taken from the search groups FB page, the area covered in the search was relatively small. I’m not sure how up to date that report is, but hopefully someone has decided to expand the area of the search, as many missing persons are found outside original search zones.

Also, there was a body found on the railroad property. I’m assuming the identity hasn’t been determined yet?
Also one found near the airport last week.

So yes, it does sound like there really is a lack of footage and this is not just a rumor or people speculating that LE is keeping it to themselves for some reason.
LE should put that info out there accessible to everyone. And not in an exclusive interview, only accessible if your willing to pay for it to listen to it.

You don't make money with info on a currently missing person.

LE should put that info out there accessible to everyone. And not in an exclusive interview, only accessible if your willing to pay for it to listen to it.

You don't make money with info on a currently missing person.
I find it a bit strange how CPD has been totally silent on this case, I mean no information, zero, zip, nada.

I have no problem with them withholding vital information to protect the investigation. But to have no communication at all to the public about a missing persons case seems to me to be somewhat disrespectful to the tax paying citizens of that community.
But then who knows, maybe they have a really good reason for their radio silence. Hopefully we’ll find out soon,

Last edited:
It is indeed a very strange case, in which the public seems to have a much greater sense of urgency than the family, friends, LE, etc. Maybe that's not fair...they are conducting searches, etc, and going on the media, but there's always this sense of stalling or just waiting for him to fall out of the sky and not really questioning anything that frankly should be questioned very seriously, while the rest of us are scratching our heads so hard our hair is falling out.

ETA: I know LE (again, according to True Crime Garage) has been fighting w/ Verizon for the phone records, which it sounds like they think will shed some light on Tyler's phone activity after he last spoke to Brittany. Maybe they think that will be such a key piece of evidence it's worth holding out for?

Maybe that's not fair...they are conducting searches, etc, and going on the media, but there's always this sense of stalling or just waiting for him to fall out of the sky and not really questioning anything that frankly should be questioned very seriously, while the rest of us are scratching our heads so hard our hair is falling out.

That was a perfect description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member