Looking for podcast recommendations

WHITE LIES
AN INVESTIGATIVE PODCAST FROM NPR

"In 1965, a white minister was murdered in Selma, Alabama. For more than 50 years, witnesses buried the truth about what happened.

Explore a visual narrative of the facts, then listen to the podcast to hear how we finally set the record straight.

This is the story of a murder at the center of the civil rights movement and the lies that kept it from being solved. It’s an event that rippled far beyond the time and place where it happened, sparking national outrage and galvanizing support for one of the most significant laws of the 20th century.

This narrative uses audio and documents recorded and printed in 1965. Some images may be disturbing. We’ve chosen not to censor offensive language..."

White Lies
----

James Reeb

"James Reeb (January 1, 1927 – March 11, 1965) was an American Unitarian Universalist minister, pastor, and activist during the Civil rights movement in Washington, D.C. and Boston, Massachusetts. While participating in the Selma to Montgomery marches actions in Selma, Alabama, in 1965, he was murdered by white segregationists, dying of head injuries in the hospital two days after being severely beaten...."

James Reeb - Wikipedia

James_Reeb.jpg

(James Reeb)

"Criminal" Criminal

I just discovered this podcast and am really enjoying it. Different cases and the ones I have listened to are only about 30 minutes long.
The host/co-creator is Phoebe Judge who has worked in public radio and has a pleasant voice. (NPR voice!!)

I would be honored if you all would try mine, in fact my season 3 starts Tuesday, June 11 and I found one of the people I needed to talk to for this season here on Websleuths, in fact, this season I need the help of any sleuths out there. Its called Haunting History Podcast.

Mike Boudet Returns to Sword and Scale

YahooFINANCE
Mike Boudet Returns to Sword and Scale
PR Newswire
PR NewswireJune 12, 2019, 8:36 AM EDT
MIAMI, June 12, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Creator and original host of the popular true-crime podcast Sword and Scale returns as host in July. Boudet will be replacing Tricia Griffith, who hosted the show for seven episodes and who will now be focusing on her true-crime forum WebSleuths.com. The headliner change will also coincide with the public re-release of all Griffith-hosted episodes, this time with Boudet narrating.

... more at link concerning why he left and how he is coming back.

Ok, coming back with more. I don't think I saw these listed so far (might be one or two duplicates).

I have so many to list here, I am not going to put summaries of them.

My main criteria for liking a podcast are that the voice of the narrator does not hurt my ears, and the case(s) they cover are interesting. I am ok with beginner podcasts where the production is not fancy as long as the case is good. The list below meet my criteria.

These are all single case poscasts:

The Lady Vanishes
Case Closed
Faded out - season 1 and 2 focus on two different cases
Death in Ice Valley
Gangster Capitalism
The Ballad of Billy Balls
Dear Franklin Jones
Shattered
Problem Child
Root of Evil
Maddie
Route 29 Stalker
Bomber
The Teacher's Pet
13: The Search for Leigh Occi
- podcast continues with new title: 13:2 Down in Mississippi
The Drop Out
Without Warning
Secrets True Crime
Unconcluded

Multiple Case Podcasts:

Locations Unknown
Survival
Mysteriously Missing
Unfound

I think @rachelgoldcrossley means True Crime BS, about Israel Keyes.

I listened to almost all the episodes of TCBS--one has come out since then--in two days at work, and thought TCBS was very well done and remarkably interesting. "Thumbs up" to the TCBS crew! Though there are a bundle of true crime podcasts, and some of my favorites aren't going to be other people's favorites, and vice versa.

My most recent favorite is THE LONG DANCE. It is only about 8 episodes, so easy to get through. A couple was murdered in Durham, NC. There were 3 good suspects, it was an unusual murder of two good kids. One of the suspects, a doctor, alive and living the good life. It was a lifelong obsession case for some wonderful investigators, but it has not been solved yet. It needs to be, because these were two great kids.

I really enjoyed The Long Dance (maybe I mentioned it on this thread earlier, if not I certainly meant to!).

I went into TCBS thinking I wouldn't like it but... How wrong I was! Keyes was chilling. I wonder if we will ever know all the horror he inflicted.

And, thanks for the update about Boudet returning to S & S, Dixiegirl!

I would be honored if you all would try mine, in fact my season 3 starts Tuesday, June 11 and I found one of the people I needed to talk to for this season here on Websleuths, in fact, this season I need the help of any sleuths out there. Its called Haunting History Podcast.

I've listened to almost all of your episodes.I really enjoy them.Thank You Cathie! :)

Wanted to add that Lost Boy Larry was intriguing!I'd never heard of that story before.

What I like about CBC's Someone Knows Something is the complex level of investigative detail that is revealed during the season. David Ridgin talks to suspects, detectives, POI's, witnesses, and families to uncover new evidence in cold cases. He has a kind voice. The whole season is dedicated to a single case.

My favourite season was, Mississippi Cold Case, which led Mississippi state officials to re-open their investigation into the murder of two young men, Henry Hezekiah Dee and Charles Eddie Moore. The story is haunting. As a result, a Klansman, who doesn't deserve to be named, was recently handed three concurrent life sentences. David Ridgen and Mississippi Cold Case won many awards, including the top medal for investigative reporting.
Agreed. The Mississippi Cold Case was amazing and actually resulted in a prosecution of a cold case.

Killafornia Dreaming is a personal favorite. Man In The Window is shaping up to be a good one as well. Canadian True Crime is good as well. Cheers.

There's a new podcast about William Tyrrell called Where's William Tyrrell ‎Where's William Tyrrell? on Apple Podcasts

For those not acquainted with the case he's an Australian boy who went missing in late 2014 and is still missing, basically without a trace. There's a long chain of threads about the case here on WS but a lot of non-Australian WSers might have overlooked it. It's a good time to get in on the case with this new podcast and the upcoming coronial inquiry in August.

On my way to listening now!

Does anyone know if there is one about Jake Just who disappeared here in Ontario in 1998.That one is baffling to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back