The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT—You’re not alone! My husband grits his teeth and angrily mutters “space age plastic” whenever he has to open an OTC med or other item encased in the stuff.

IIRC it all started with the Tylenol Murders so companies could CYA and avoid being sued.
Chicago Tylenol murders - Wikipedia

However Carol Burnett did a classic skit “Can You Open This” that may have preceded the Tylenol Murders. Enjoy!

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming. :D

Love her! Carol Burnett.

Are the fries with vinegar in paper a British original? A couple of times I’ve found them in NYC. —O.m.g., yum! And in Montreal they added mayonnaise with the vinegar. Double yum.

I think they're archetypally British, you can't go far without finding (and smelling!) a chip shop.

*definitely chips, not fries. Fries are like what McD's serves, a chip shop would be out of business if they even tried it :D

**and I know chips are crisps, so what do you guys call these?

upload_2019-6-6_0-24-16.png

It'll just be a picture of a baby. I'm looking forward to seeing the commemoration tomorrow from Normandy, it should be very moving.
depositphotos_171021844-stock-photo-emoji-making-silence-hand-gesture.jpg
Shussh...You can't say that round here! :p

Most places serve what we call fries. If u want chips you go to the "chip wagons" for the best chips going. Chip wagons here are seasonal of course and delish!
ETA- there is one chip wagon I see at a lot of local events and British Flag is painted on it. Owner is from Manchester.

I absolutely adore the Queen's monochromatic coats and hats :)

It's her uniform in a way, like a man wears a suit but most men aren't brave enough to steer away from black / grey / blue. Sadly, if they did, I don't think they'd be taken too seriously.

(giggling at thoughts of Charles in lime green or magenta :p)

Most places serve what we call fries. If u want chips you go to the "chip wagons" for the best chips going. Chip wagons here are seasonal of course and delish!
ETA- there is one chip wagon I see at a lot of local events and British Flag is painted on it. Owner is from Manchester.

This is how it is here. Chips vs fries vs crisps:

upload_2019-6-6_0-36-5.png

I totally agree. I've learned a lot more about your President and his family, too.

It's at times like this (Brexit, new leader, political in-fighting, playground tactics) that I am glad we have the Royal Family to focus on instead.

Could do with some Archie pics soon though please!!

Do we know when the baptism will be?

I think they're archetypally British, you can't go far without finding (and smelling!) a chip shop.

*definitely chips, not fries. Fries are like what McD's serves, a chip shop would be out of business if they even tried it :D

**and I know chips are crisps, so what do you guys call these?

View attachment 187840
To me they look like fries, hand-cut probably. They would most likely be served with ketchup.

o/t My cousin traveled to Paris earlier this week to document the D-Day rememberance ceremonies and also as the videographer of the Texas Longhorn Alumni Band performances. The band was asked 3 years ago to be the ‘official’ band for ceremonies at Omaha Beach, Britney (?) and lead the parade in another town I can’t think of. The first town liberated by the Allied Forces after they arrived at Omaha Beach.

He’s also spent the last 3 or 4 years meeting with WWII veterans across the US. He documents their stories and honors their service and sacrifice.

Sadly, we don’t have many of these heroes left.

He’s only 19 years old and is such an amazing young man. I can’t wait to see his work from this trip.

:DWe call them the Chucky Wagon 'up north'
Generally located outside late bars/clubs.

o/t My cousin traveled to Paris earlier this week to document the D-Day rememberance ceremonies and also as the videographer of the Texas Longhorn Alumni Band performances. The band was asked 3 years ago to be the ‘official’ band for ceremonies at Omaha Beach, Britney (?) and lead the parade in another town I can’t think of. The first town liberated by the Allied Forces after they arrived at Omaha Beach.

He’s also spent the last 3 or 4 years meeting with WWII veterans across the US. He documents their stories and honors their service and sacrifice.

Sadly, we don’t have many of these heroes left.

He’s only 19 years old and is such an amazing young man. I can’t wait to see his work from this trip.
Sainte-Mère-Église?

That's really impressive. You must be very proud of him :)

* adding link
Sainte-Mère-Église - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members