NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see it mentioned on this thread so I'll make a quick note - On Feb 13th, another update was made on the "Bear Brook" podcast and in it one of Terry's sons is interviewed. I found it to be a fascinating episode (I have found the whole podcast to be very well done).

I don't see it mentioned on this thread so I'll make a quick note - On Feb 13th, another update was made on the "Bear Brook" podcast and in it one of Terry's sons is interviewed. I found it to be a fascinating episode (I have found the whole podcast to be very well done).
Thanks.
Update #2: Eric Rasmussen

Has anyone looked into if there are missing persons or Jane Does in Hawaii from when he lived there in the late 60s? Apologies if there is already something like that and I'm just not seeing it.
I have wondered about this too! Not particularly Hawaii has crossed my mind since he was briefly there from 1967-1968, but anywhere he lived or traveled after the Bear Brooks victims to Eunsoon. That's 1980-2002 where he has known to have killed at minium six people (Allentown four, Eunsoon Jun, and Denise Beaudin[assumed]), seven if you include his unidentified daughters mother which is assumed as well. And then there is the 1974-1978, 1981-1985, and 1990-2002 gap years where his whereabouts are unknown. Texas and California are one's I have searched often. Another thing I wondered is why his family didn't meet a similar fate to the Bear Brooks victims or Lisa. This leads me to believe he didn't start killing until after he left his family. Could he have fled each location directly afterwards? He was known to be in Texas in the late 70's and abruptly quit a job there then resurfaced in New Hampshire shortly afterwards. With Lisa I don't understand how she survived. It's possible the Bear Brooks children were the only he killed and he just couldn't after that. I think the biggest question I have is why he started using alias's to begin with. To avoid child support payments? Or was he running from his first murder. Maybe the woman he brought along visiting his family in 1974.

Timeline: The history of serial killer Terry Peder Rasmussen - The Boston Globe

Last edited:
Press conference on Bear Brook murders Thursday
N.H. Attorney General To Release New Info

More information is likely to be released Thursday afternoon about the Bear Brook murders -- the decades-old murder of a woman and three young girls whose identity has remained a mystery.

Authorities gave no indication of what specific information will be released at the press briefing, which is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. at the Division of Motor Vehicle auditorium in Concord.

Press conference on Bear Brook murders Thursday; identity of victims has remained a mystery

N.H. Attorney General To Release New Info On Bear Brook Murders

Press conference on Bear Brook murders Thursday
N.H. Attorney General To Release New Info

More information is likely to be released Thursday afternoon about the Bear Brook murders -- the decades-old murder of a woman and three young girls whose identity has remained a mystery.

Authorities gave no indication of what specific information will be released at the press briefing, which is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. at the Division of Motor Vehicle auditorium in Concord.

Press conference on Bear Brook murders Thursday; identity of victims has remained a mystery

N.H. Attorney General To Release New Info On Bear Brook Murders
I’m seriously hoping they finally have names. And can go home to their families.

Update expected Thursday on Allenstown case involving victims found in barrels

CONCORD, N.H. — Authorities are holding a press briefing Thursday afternoon about a case in Allenstown involving four victims found in barrels.

According to the Attorney General’s Office, authorities will discuss efforts made to identify the unidentified homicide victims. An adult woman and three children were found in steel drums in the woods of Bear Brook State Park in 1985 and 2000.

(snipped)

The briefing will be held at 1:30 p.m. Thursday. WMUR will stream the briefing live on WMUR.com, the WMUR mobile app and on WMUR’s Facebook page.

Update expected Thursday on Allenstown case involving victims found in barrels

Last edited:
I got a flashback to the first Bear Brooks conference when all they released before hand was that they found a link between the Bear Brooks murders and Denise Beaudin and her daughters disappearance. I thought she was going to be adult victim! I hope to see pictures of them in life and that TR's daughter was identified as well!

82000 messages this woman looked through?. Sounds like this ties into what you all have been intimating on here lately.

Did she actually go through 82000 or is that how many messages that came up as potentials based on the criteria of her search / algorithm ? Whatever she did I believe it's one of , or the main reason/s for the PR today !

I'm feeling there is going to be a collective sigh of relief should the identities of the victims be revealed.

If they don't know the identities of all the victims I hope LE can shed some more light on things maybe a tighter time line. I would image they have been working on the investigation once the information from the PR today was known to them .

It would be so nice though if all identities are known, for us and I'm sure for their families .

Amateur sleuth helped confirm identities of New Hampshire murder victims

For years, helping connect people to their missing loved ones had been a hobby of Heath's. Combined with her interest in the Rasmussen case, she got to work on trying to find potential matches for the victims in November 2017.

She scoured ancestry message boards for terms like "California," where Rasmussen had been arrested, or "missing sister" in hopes of finding a relative of the victims. Then she began compiling a list of names.

"I would just go through that list and then I would start searching to see if they had public records, if the person was alive, see if I could find any record for their existence," Heath said. "If not, then I would pursue it a little further and reach out to the person who had originally posted looking for the loved ones."

Heath said she found a posting from around 1999 about a relative looking for Sarah McWaters and her mother Marlyse McWaters. As she conducted further searches for Marlyse McWaters, Heath came across other relatives looking for the same woman. It turned out McWaters was also the mother of a girl named Marie Vaughn.

In a Facebook group about the Rasmussen case, Heath asked whether those missing people could be the victims found in Allenstown, but she didn't get much of a response. So, she dropped it.

About a year later, Heath, who lives in Connecticut, was listening to a New Hampshire Public Radio podcast about the Bear Brook murders when information about the victims reminded her again of the woman looking for Sarah McWaters on that ancestry message board.

"At that point I was like, I need to reach out to this woman," Heath said.

The listing contained an email address, so Heath said she tried to match the address to a Facebook profile. Heath reached out to one woman asking whether she was the same person who had made the ancestry posting.

Within minutes, Heath received a response. It was her.

Heath asked the relative if she had any more information about Sarah and Marlyse McWaters. The woman started sharing more details, including that Marlyse had married a man with the last name Rasmussen.

"Right there, my stomach jumped," Heath said. "It just rocked. I knew right away. There's no way that a woman goes missing with those children with a guy with that last name, Rasmussen. It's just way too coincidental."

Heath didn't say anything to the relative of Sarah McWaters about Rasmussen's criminal history just yet, but she said she began reaching out to relatives of Marie Vaughn. Vaughn's relatives told Heath that Vaughn's mother had left California with a man named Terry.

Within two hours, Heath said she was on the phone with law enforcement in San Bernardino, California. Those authorities quickly turned the information over to investigators in New Hampshire who were already examining DNA research based on information from the family of Marie Vaughn and other genetic databases.

Read more: Amateur sleuth helped confirm identities of New Hampshire murder victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288