Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the convo string with her sister BB states that she wasn't speaking with her Mom BB2 because Mom asked her if she was involved with Meleah's disappearance....

I believe it reveals mom thinks BB capable of disappearing her daughter -- and those are powerful thoughts and words. :eek:

MOO
Yes, very true! However, I think BB2 also knows something. After all, BB and DV did stay at her home Sunday after he was released from the hospital. She did not mention this when she was interviewed. In fact, she avoided questions about DV. Perhaps that's when she began to realize the truth. MOO.

Bringing over my post from last thread...The phone records were requested a while ago...before locating Maleah’s body.

Investigators obtain phone records of Maleah Davis' stepfather
Snipped...more at link

Investigators have obtained the cellphone records of Maleah Davis’ stepfather, according to court records.

Two court orders were filed this week with the most recent happening on Wednesday. That document is a search warrant showing investigators wanted to use the records of Derion Vence’s personal cellphone to determine who Vence called before and after 4-year-old girl's disappearance on April 30.

“A call history log will reveal with whom the defendant, Vence, communicated after the last time Maleah is seen on camera,” the document read.

The warrant, which was executed prior to last week’s discovery of remains in Arkansas, requested records from April 30 to May 15.

Investigators obtain phone records of Maleah Davis' stepfather

Agreed. Also, she didn't express gratitude to those who searched, especially TM who purchased a blanket for Maleah. Never once has she thanked any of them in public. As in all of her interviews, I find her to be cold, calculating, self-serving, and distant. I wonder if she has an attorney yet? It will be interesting to see if she attends the memorial this weekend. MOO
I’m certain she will be there....because MSM will be there, most likely. And what’s that phrase? Any publicitiy is good publicity?
Has it been reported by MSM who is making the arrangements for Maleah’s memorial service? Just curious...
MOO

I’m certain she will be there....because MSM will be there, most likely. And what’s that phrase? Any publicitiy is good publicity?
Has it been reported by MSM who is making the arrangements for Maleah’s memorial service? Just curious...
MOO

I've wondered about her funeral. Has her body been released yet?

MOO

BB does not appear to have much of a support system and is aware the public believes she is involved, IMO. I wonder if she has the courage to appear at the memorial for her daughter?

I recall seeing an interview of the woman who organized the Sunday memorial. I will try to locate it. Her name is Shelia and she was a family friend. MOO

Warning--long post

While I know she is not popular, and I smh at some of her actions, it is my belief they have her phone or have looked at it and she has cooperated that way. We know at minimum she had contact back and forth with her mother at the airport so likely had her own phone and was trying to reach him Friday and Saturday and it was his phone/him that could not be reached and he that was missing apparently Friday and Saturday.

Of note too is that the article states his phone records were subpoenaed, not hers. They must not have any cause to subpoena hers would be my guess.

I may be in the minority but I believe because she was due home he was in panic mode and hiding Maleah's body and hiding from BB and in need of a story fast. LE knew nothing at that point as far as we know so his reason almost had to be to hide his actions and Maleah's death from BB. And what a story he came up with. I also believe there is proof LE has that shows Maleah was alive after BB left the state. I did not think that at first but I do now.

I believe she could have covered his prior abuse, I can believe it possible she may have abused herself but in no way know that, but I do not believe she was involved in the murder of Maleah.

At minimum they found I believe blood in the hallway and bathroom, he was seen with cleaning supplies. I do not think he would have waited if Maleah died the day BB left to clean blood, etc. as he had other children in the apartment over the next days and there was also always the chance CPS could stop by.

I also do not believe he would cover for her, he would save himself if blaming her would work; I think he is well aware the facts do not support trying to say that. He and his family did not hesitate to call her a bad mom, make DV sound like wonderful dad (gag) and to me it is clear he would not cover for her imo. I think she would maybe cover for him and his possible abuse, I do not think he would for her.

The defense is probably left with lining up for stress caused by claims of all the care for the children, him snapping and/or possibly an accident as a likely defense, which I do not believe it was. He attacked the child like always and this time he killed her, maybe even with intent to do so.

I also do not think she left the airport, picked him up, dropped him off and parked the car and returned to the airport. I suspect others with regard to that. I think LE would darned well know by now if she left the airport and returned.

This is not a defense of her--I generally am one that believes there is more to a story but in this case I just feel the facts outlined above all fit that it was him imo, at least with regard to the actual murder.

With regard to prior abuse and covering it up, that I leave open and with regard to her actions after as well. Even Q's remarks about her guilt seem to relate to knowledge of how DV abused Maleah, not about the murder.

LE would know by now all they need about her flights, her time at the airport and more. There has to be more video as well I suspect. He would have left the home at minimum every weekday she was gone with the boys and returned. There should also be video of BB leaving and I would think of she and her mother at the apartment the night of her flight unable to get in and so forth...?

All if true of course and jmo and I could be totally wrong and end up with egg on my face... It wouldn't be the first time in life :)

His main concern is that all know he is not gay :rolleyes: I wonder how his attorney feels about him giving interviews? I thought they always advised to just keep quiet...

Apologize for length. And I will duck. And on another day I may change my opinion but that is how I see it now :) All jmo.

BB does not appear to have much of a support system and is aware the public believes she is involved, IMO. I wonder if she has the courage to appear at the memorial for her daughter?

I recall seeing an interview of the woman who organized the Sunday memorial. I will try to locate it. Her name is Shelia and she was a family friend. MOO
I agree, I just feel like her hunger for attention might push her into going.
And thank you :) I appreciate it

Warning--long post

While I know she is not popular, and I smh at some of her actions, it is my belief they have her phone or have looked at it and she has cooperated that way. We know at minimum she had contact back and forth with her mother at the airport so likely had her own phone and was trying to reach him Friday and Saturday and it was his phone/him that could not be reached and he that was missing apparently Friday and Saturday.

Of note too is that the article states his phone records were subpoenaed, not hers. They must not have any cause to subpoena hers would be my guess.

I may be in the minority but I believe because she was due home he was in panic mode and hiding Maleah's body and hiding from BB and in need of a story fast. LE knew nothing at that point as far as we know so his reason almost had to be to hide his actions and Maleah's death from BB. And what a story he came up with. I also believe there is proof LE has that shows Maleah was alive after BB left the state. I did not think that at first but I do now.

I believe she could have covered his prior abuse, I can believe it possible she may have abused herself but in no way know that, but I do not believe she was involved in the murder of Maleah.

At minimum they found I believe blood in the hallway and bathroom, he was seen with cleaning supplies. I do not think he would have waited if Maleah died the day BB left to clean blood, etc. as he had other children in the apartment over the next days and there was also always the chance CPS could stop by.

I also do not believe he would cover for her, he would save himself if blaming her would work; I think he is well aware the facts do not support trying to say that. He and his family did not hesitate to call her a bad mom, make DV sound like wonderful dad (gag) and to me it is clear he would not cover for her imo. I think she would maybe cover for him and his possible abuse, I do not think he would for her.

The defense is probably left with lining up for stress caused by claims of all the care for the children, him snapping and/or possibly an accident as a likely defense, which I do not believe it was. He attacked the child like always and this time he killed her, maybe even with intent to do so.

I also do not think she left the airport, picked him up, dropped him off and parked the car and returned to the airport. I suspect others with regard to that. I think LE would darned well know by now if she left the airport and returned.

This is not a defense of her--I generally am one that believes there is more to a story but in this case I just feel the facts outlined above all fit that it was him imo, at least with regard to the actual murder.

With regard to prior abuse and covering it up, that I leave open and with regard to her actions after as well. Even Q's remarks about her guilt seem to relate to knowledge of how DV abused Maleah, not about the murder.

LE would know by now all they need about her flights, her time at the airport and more. There has to be more video as well I suspect. He would have left the home at minimum every weekday she was gone with the boys and returned. There should also be video of BB leaving and I would think of she and her mother at the apartment the night of her flight unable to get in and so forth...?

All if true of course and jmo and I could be totally wrong and end up with egg on my face... It wouldn't be the first time in life :)

His main concern is that all know he is not gay :rolleyes: I wonder how his attorney feels about him giving interviews? I thought they always advised to just keep quiet...

Apologize for length. And I will duck. And on another day I may change my opinion but that is how I see it now :) All jmo.

Thank you for a differing opinion. I try to keep my mind open so I don’t miss something. One thing, is it possible they did not subpoena BB’s phone records because they do not have probable cause?

Thank you for a differing opinion. I try to keep my mind open so I don’t miss something. One thing, is it possible they did not subpoena BB’s phone records because they do not have probable cause?

It could be and that was part of my point, either because she provided them or they do not have enough reason.

I would think if they caught her in any serious lies for instance surrounding the time of the death, disposal, etc., they would have probable cause?

I am no lawyer so no idea how much is needed for a subpoena or warrant.

Thanks, my post is not really so much a defense of BB as it is to me that the facts we have line up to point to DV. I do understand all the surrounding questions and speculation as that is usually me lol, I always think there is more and something we do not know. I do also think she left the children with who she knew to be abusive most likely or had been in the past. That is as far as I have decided thus far.

I do understand differing opinions though as well.

Agreed. Also, she didn't express gratitude to those who searched, especially TM who purchased a blanket for Maleah. Never once has she thanked any of them in public. As in all of her interviews, I find her to be cold, calculating, self-serving, and distant. I wonder if she has an attorney yet? It will be interesting to see if she attends the memorial this weekend. MOO

I find this so very odd too. TM put his heart and soul into finding her daughter, and not once has she shown any thanks. If it was me I would be overwhelmed with gratitude that he, in part, brought her home and showed so much love and care into the process.
MOO

You’re right, I hadn’t noticed that. So many people tireless out there searching day and night. I love TM and hearing about him buying the blanket for Maleah made me cry. He’s shown more love towards and emotions regarding Maleah than her own”mother”.

I agree that this is huge deal. Any mother I personally know as well as those that we have seen in different situations. Would be grateful for those searching as well as for those helping spread the word in general. She has never expressed appreciation for concern or media coverage, for strangers out turning over every rock and stone looking for HER little girl. I didn't previously know about TM purchasing the blanket, I find that to be so sweet! He has been a real trooper throughout this whole case. Much respect for him!

Will the phone records show actual texts? Not sure how that works. The article mentioned call logs but I hope they can pull texts as well.

It's possible.

I followed the Tim Bosma/Laura Babcock and Wayne Millard murders in Canada and it was all about the texts. It was amazing.

LE got warrants for cell records and followed the cell phones' movements, had pictures, videos and full text conversations pulled from their cloud accounts etc.

Now some of that was gleaned from computers as phones were plugged into computers and ipads to do cloud back ups etc., but I am sure a lot of it came straight from the cell providers. It was absolutely fascinating and it was the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak.

According to QX, BB willingly gave them her cell phone information early on in the investigation. I think he mentioned it in one of his first appearances, maybe the one before the two of them at the apartment.

It was when he talked about the pictures BB found on his phone, and the fight they had which led to him "snapping" and killing Maleah. He insisted that the cell phone data will prove that this is true. Maybe BB showed him the messages. He seems convinced that's what happened.
Either way, as long as they have his phone records I would think they can look at all the communication between them. Imo

According to QX, BB willingly gave them her cell phone information early on in the investigation. I think he mentioned it in one of his first appearances, maybe the one before the two of them at the apartment.

It was when he talked about the pictures BB found on his phone, and the fight they had which led to him "snapping" and killing Maleah. He insisted that the cell phone data will prove that this is true. Maybe BB showed him the messages. He seems convinced that's what happened.
Either way, as long as they have his phone records I would think they can look at all the communication between them. Imo

I remember that as well and is part of my basis for what I lean towards. I could not remember if it was said she had provided them or they were about to provide them. He mentioned I think as well texts from DV that were worrisome.

Was there not a mention early on too of her sister or someone stopping to try to check on the kids like midweek and he would not let her or to take them? I have not seen mention of it since so it could have been a reporting error. At the time, I had the impression maybe she sent someone over to be sure things were okay.

Not defending her but these things were stated.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/no-stone-unturned-acevedo-says-investigation-of-maleah-davis-death-is-ongoing?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=

Video at link

“Cowards with no soul just dumped her like she’s roadkill, and I’m just grateful we were able to bring her home,” Acevedo said.

Maleah’s remains were found after community activist Quanell X said her stepfather, Derion Vence, who is being held in jail on an evidence tampering charge, confessed to dumping her body in Arkansas.

Acevedo said he is not worried about whether Vence’s confession will stand up in court.

“When he told Quanell X, we already knew who the suspect was,” Acevedo said.

As for other suspects, Acevedo said the department’s investigation will look into all angles of the case, including allegations of abuse or institutional failings.

“We want to leave no stone unturned to get to the bottom of what happened to that child,” Acevedo said.

Could they have subpoena'ed her phone records without letting the public know?
They wouldn't have to if she turned it over willingly, and if that's the case I doubt they would reveal that to the public. They have hardly shared anything regarding the investigation, except a few things that verified what Q had already talked about publicly, such as the blood and video evidence. Imo

They could have already subpoenaed her phone records, but have not told the public.
I'm gonna be a nit picker here.

It's important to make the distinction between a warrant and a subpoena. BB's phone records can't be subpoenaed, because she hasn't been charged with anything. But if LE is able to argue probable cause in an affidavit, they can get a magistrate to approve an order for the warrant.

The order for the warrant becomes public once the warrant is executed. My understanding is that means that Verizon has supplied the information requested in the warrant so that it is fully executed, and the info was available to reporters staying on top of the investigation. If my understanding is correct, for all we know, a similar warrant has been applied for BB's cell phone records and information.

You are right they may not have any cause to subpoena hers. I believe LE asked her to voluntarily provide her phone during one of the interviews. I can not see any plausible excuse for her refusing, what concerned mother would. Even if she is involved it would be a huge red flag to refuse. Perhaps what was retrieved solidified their belief DV was involved i.e. the disturbing text messages QX mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa