Found Deceased WA - Arezu Kashify, 24, husband left country with one way ticket, Spokane, 25 May 2019

Kashify's husband, 34-year-old Wahid Kashify, purchased a single, one-way plane ticket on May 28 and left the United States. The couple's Toyota Sienna was found over the weekend by Spokane International Airport Police. It was seized to search for evidence of a crime.

Deputy Mark Gregory said the case is now considered a homicide investigation, but no one is in custody. Authorities are waiting until the Medical Examiner officially identifies the body.

Federal authorities will now be involved to try to locate Kashify’s husband in hopes of speaking to him.

The couple’s children were put in the care of Child Protective Services.

Body found inside missing Spokane woman's apartment, deputies say

who will identify her body?
who will contact her family?
who will bury her?
who will take care of the kids?
will the kids be allowed to remain in the country?

and that coward will get away with it - he went to a middle eastern country - do any of them have an extradition agreement with the U.S.??

Those babies must be so terrified and confused right now. I can't even imagine mine going from nursing and parents to foster care.

Am I the only one who is surprised that Police weren't able to get a search warrant for the apartment until today?

-no one picks up the kids (which would initially lead everyone to assume that trouble or an accident had befallen both parents I would think) No one could gain access to the apartment to check on them? Could have been two innocent people passed out from carbon monoxide poisoning that led to their not picking the children up for all anyone knew. It's sad access couldn't be gained prior to 11 days later....

The apartment complex could perform any checks or basic maintenance with just a 24 hour notice to renters, whether they are home or not. That wasn't a workaround that was considered in order to have at least management gain access sooner?

Just sad.

This "husband" obviously not only had no respect for his wife, but he obviously didn't care about his children either. It wasn't a "have to get out of the country fast and I can't afford 3 tickets" situation either. His ex partner/co-owner of Cougar Taxi said that the email that gave him full ownership of Cougar Taxi was unexpected/came out of the blue. If his word is true, that means that Kashify did not come to him beforehand between the 25-28 to attempt to get him to buy him out of his half instead, as a monetary means of purchasing those 2 extra tickets.
It's obviously for the best....this guy, in addition to being "controlling" and "terrifying" is also someone who can't control his rage and is a murderer. The kids are better off without him. But the fact he had absolutely no desire or care to attempt to bring them with just makes me think he's more of a monster devoid of genuine emotion.

Or, maybe leaving the kids was the one good decision he did make. Who knows.

The sheriff’s office didn’t release the identity but the Spokesman-Review reported it’s believed to be 24-year-old Arezu Kashify. Detectives are investigating the death as a homicide.

The mother of two was reportedly in a dispute with her husband, Wahid Kashify, when she disappeared. She was last seen May 25 while dropping off her children at school.

The sheriff’s office said Wahid Kashify bought a one-way airline ticket and left the United States May 28.

NW briefs

BBM. I wonder what the dispute was about?

SPOKANE, Wash. - Court documents filed Thursday provide background detail into what led up to a homicide case involving a missing Spokane woman.

On Wednesday, authorities said the Arezu Kashify's missing persons case was now a homicide case after a female body was found inside the woman's apartment, which she shared with her husband.

According to those documents, on May 30, Kashify's friend Samanea Nazari contacted police to file a missing person report saying that she had not seen her Kashify since May 26.

Nazari told police she had talked to Kashify's father. He said Kashify's husband, Wahid, had told him that Kashify was leaving him.

More at Body found hidden in freezer in missing mom's apartment

BBM.

Search warrant uncovers body, new evidence

On Tuesday, Major Crimes detectives found a dead female body hidden underneath a false bottom of a freezer in Arezu and Wahid’s apartment while executing a search warrant.

Court documents said along with the body, there was a red or similar colored bra attached to the body and there was blood around the body on the floor of the freezer.

Authorities have not yet released the identity of the deceased, or said whether they believe it is the body of Arezu Kashify.

During the search of the apartment, court documents show investigators found a pair of scissors on the floor in the kitchen, a receipt for a cash withdraw for $50,000 and various knives.

Investigators also searched Wahid's Toyota Sienna and found a handwritten note in the center console that read:

"I live in [redacted]- My phone code is [redacted] There is a video or two videos that you can watch and judge. Thanks."

Body found under false bottom in missing Spokane woman's freezer, docs say

Two interesting points here:

Samanea Nazari contacted police to file a missing person report saying that she had not seen her Kashify since May 26.

BBM
Since May 26th? That's a day AFTER the children were not picked up from daycare/school?!

"her Kashify" is an obvious typo. Was it meant to say her "OR Kashify?" It's confusing since both the husband and wife are obviously Kashifys too. Wish they stuck to using first names in the article. Maybe she meant she didn't see Arezu FROM the 26th onward (meaning, the 25th was actually the last day she saw Arezu?) If it was truly the 26th, those dates are mind-boggling to me.

And just to make sure I'm understanding the second part correctly, to paraphrase the other interesting point:

Samanea Nazari, the friend who reported Arezu missing, spoke to Arezu's father who reported to her that Wahid had told him that Arezu was leaving him.

So Wahid told his father in law that information? Not Arezu?

A friend of Arezu had initially filed a missing person report on May 30, 2019 after she was not seen since May 26. During that time, court documents say Arezu told her friend she didn't want to go home because she and her husband were mad at each other.

Her friend also said Arezu had recently collected "court paperwork" regarding her relationship with Wahid, but did not have the money to file the paperwork.

On May 26, court documents say Wahid contacted a friend late at night saying Arezu had packed her things and run away. Wahid claimed he had to go to work and his friend offered to look after Wahid and Arezu's two young children.

After being left with the children for several days and after being unable to get in contact with Wahid and Arezu, CPS was called and the children were taken into protective custody.

Authorities made several calls to the Kashify's cell phones with no success and it was determined Wahid had left the United States on May 28. A welfare check had also been performed at the apartment where nothing out of the ordinary was found besides a pair of scissors on the floor in front of the refrigerator and an open container of food on the table.

Court documents also say Arezu had declined when a nurse practitioner offered to contact law enforcement to help her, saying Wahid "would kill her immediately.

The investigation is ongoing. Arezu's whereabouts and safety remain unknown.

Court Docs reveal evidence that led to search of missing woman Arezu Kashify's apartment, discovery of body

Arezu Kashify, according to friends who spoke to detectives, had become frightened of her husband. One friend reported seeing bruises on Arezu Kashify’s leg, though she was unsure if it due to domestic violence.

Another friend, a neighbor who lived directly above the couple, said Arezu Kashify would “complain about problems with Wahid, saying she wanted to dress differently, something Wahid would not allow,” Melville wrote.

Other friends reported Wahid Kashify would say he would “go back to Afghanistan and get a new wife” in response to marital troubles.

Melville also writes that a nurse who spoke to Arezu Kashify in late March or early April was told Wahid Kashify “would kill her immediately” if she called law enforcement for help.

In addition to searching the couple’s apartment on Tuesday, detectives also searched a Toyota Sienna registered to Wahid Kashify that was found Saturday parked at the Spokane International Airport. They also found a pair of taxi cabs owned by Kashify parked at the apartment complex. Washington State Department of Revenue records show Kashify owned local cab company Cougar Taxi.

In the center console of the Sienna, written on a note, was a message. It gave the couple’s address, and a code to open Wahid Kashify’s cellphone, which was possibly located on a dining room table or in a bedroom, the search warrant shows.

“There is a video or two videos that you can watch and judge,” the note states. “Thanks.”

Court docs: Detectives find body believed to be missing Afghan woman under ‘false bottom’ of a chest freezer

That Cougar Taxi reportedly had 2 employees (owner and co-owner) and made around 61k annually. 30,500 annually plus whatever Arezu made which I have no idea but withdrawing 50k and running off....that's a lot of money. Spokane Washington isn't a low cost of living area is it? Plus 2 children and his college tuition/fees...but still 50K laying around in the bank account? Interesting.

Last edited:
"one or two videos, judge for yourself"

I know it sounds gruesome but I'd really like to know if 1-2 videos actually exist and if so, what is on them. The "judge for yourself" part gives the impression that the husband somehow feels it exonerates him or that what he did was justified (in his mind). She was seemingly brutally killed and stuffed in the false bottom of a freezer....I doubt there's anything that justifies that, but still, my curiosity gets the best of me and I'd like to know what it is that in HIS MIND lessens the judgement of his actions by outsiders.

"one or two videos, judge for yourself"

I know it sounds gruesome but I'd really like to know if 1-2 videos actually exist and if so, what is on them. The "judge for yourself" part gives the impression that the husband somehow feels it exonerates him or that what he did was justified (in his mind). She was seemingly brutally killed and stuffed in the false bottom of a freezer....I doubt there's anything that justifies that, but still, my curiosity gets the best of me and I'd like to know what it is that in HIS MIND lessens the judgement of his actions by outsiders.

I fear that he videoed her saying she wanted to leave him and then videoed her murder. In his sick, twisted mind he may feel that her saying she wanted to leave the marriage gave him justification for killing her. MOO.

I fear that he videoed her saying she wanted to leave him and then videoed her murder. In his sick, twisted mind he may feel that her saying she wanted to leave the marriage gave him justification for killing her. MOO.

I was thinking/fearing the same. Or that perhaps he came at her first, she defended herself, but that he only began recording at the time she was defending herself, to make it appear as though she came at him first, unprovoked.

The red bra is strange...It was placed on her body vs being worn? A message? An article of clothing he didn't want her wearing? (a friend recalled her saying he wouldn't allow her to dress differently/the way she wanted to) Just laziness in cleaning up the crime scene after....just tossing it in/no significance?

She’s so young. If she is 24 in 2019 and got married in 2012, the. She was 17 when they married.

The first thing I thought was that the husband killed her and fled the country. With the taliban info, could it be possible that someone killed them both and then used his identity to flee? If that were the case, why send the email transferring ownership of the taxi business?

For that matter, if he killed his wife and left the country, why would he bother to email someone to give them his business? Could the person who allegedly was given the company be involved in the disappearances????

All moments are just ramblings and opinions.

ETA: I missed the “two videos”, red bra, etc in the previous posts. ???

Last edited:
She’s so young. If she is 24 in 2019 and got married in 2012, the. She was 17 when they married.

The first thing I thought was that the husband killed her and fled the country. With the taliban info, could it be possible that someone killed them both and then used his identity to flee? If that were the case, why send the email transferring ownership of the taxi business?

For that matter, if he killed his wife and left the country, why would he bother to email someone to give them his business? Could the person who allegedly was given the company be involved in the disappearances????

All moments are just ramblings and opinions.

ETA: I missed the “two videos”, red bra, etc in the previous posts. ???

The note (found in the car) referencing the two cell phone videos as well as the red bra being "attached" to the body are discussed in this earlier posted report.
Detectives find body, believed to be missing Afghan woman, under false bottom of freezer

So many people clamoring to get into this country to make a better life and this psycho blows it, takes out his wife and deserts his kids. So, now we bury her, raise their kids and he gets off? I sure hope we can extradite him and give him a "little juice to go with his breakfast."

Those that live in the area, is this getting big coverage?

There's a part of me that actually hopes this doesn't get national coverage because I could see it getting twisted into some sort of anti-immigrant agenda. "We take this guy and his family in from Afghanistan. He's a murderer and the system is left to care for his kids while he runs back to his home country. Now we have to waste our money to solve a murder "

Here's to hoping we get justice for Arezu. So sad to come back to this thread to read the last thing I wanted to read/hear.

Those that live in the area, is this getting big coverage?

There's a part of me that actually hopes this doesn't get national coverage because I could see it getting twisted into some sort of anti-immigrant agenda. "We take this guy and his family in from Afghanistan. He's a murderer and the system is left to care for his kids while he runs back to his home country. Now we have to waste our money to solve a murder "

Here's to hoping we get justice for Arezu. So sad to come back to this thread to read the last thing I wanted to read/hear.
this is getting no coverage at all

this is getting no coverage at all
I want to know what happened with the video! Also, maybe the American government pays a chunk of cash and offers a free education to people who risk their lives in places like Afghanistan? This would explain how they had $50k plus a taxi business.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back