NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to the school .... Hallsville School is on Jewett and Hayward street and is a public elementary school that is only 1 block away from 925 Hayward. Also I wondered if looking through the registration records if instead of looking for a name if they looked for the street address of the child since in order to go to a particular school one would have to verify where they were living. There are private schools in the area and if they lived somewhere else prior to living on Hayward street they may be listed on the registration with a different address.

For those who are questioning photos of Marie - Announcement from NCMEC: (parts bolded by me for reference)

BEAR BROOK MURDERS

Today New Hampshire authorities announced 3 of the 4 #Allenstown murder victims have been identified. DNA confirmed they are Marlyse Honeychurch and her two daughters Marie Vaughn and Sarah McWaters. They disappeared from California during November 1978.

While their names are now known, there are still several questions that remain. Authorities are seeking continued assistance from the public. The below photos appear to be taken during December 1977 or 1978 for Marie's birthday. Marie has been identified as the little girl in the white dress blowing out birthday candles. The location of where this photo was taken is unknown. The other children in the photos have not been identified.

If you have any information on where these photos were taken or who is in the photos, please call the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST, ncmectips@ncmec.org or contact the New Hampshire State Police Cold Case Unit at (603)223-3856, coldcaseunit@dos.nh.gov.

61851057_2653380651356492_1314724355850108928_n.jpg
61936268_2653380648023159_9032896525109297152_n.jpg

Help ID Me

So to answer everyone's question, if photos are from 77 ( a year before leaving) or 78 (just after they left) it is quite unlikely that middle child (Terry's child) would be in the photo with them. (Just in my own humble opinion).
The living room looks sorta small and there is an antenna on the TV set. Did military housing not have cable ? But because of the small room it made me think of possibly military housing and if it was a 6 or 7 year old's party Marie would of been 6 or 7 in 1977 the same year that Sarah was born ? <shrug>

I don't know if clothing could be anything to go by. Weather in December in southern California vs. NH.
The adults you see glimpses of are wearing long sleeves, two of them long trousers.
The little blonde kid in the floor photo looks like she/he's wearing some sturdy, warm shoes or boots.

If LE are saying '78 or '79 I trust they are correct, but would they have had time to leave CA and set up a home in NH or anywhere else in less than two weeks? (Thanksgiving Day (US): Thursday, November 23. 1978)
Course it may not be their home.

JMO, I think it's NH 1979, and little sister is either the girl to Marie's right or the one being held, and the girl to her left is Rasmussen's child.

Important thing is these photos getting out there.

eta, I'm sure they did, but I wonder if LE showed the pics to Rasmussen's kids to see if they recognized any of the interiors/objects.

eta 2: The empty picture frame on the TV is creepy, considering the circumstances.

Last edited:

eta 2: The empty picture frame on the TV is creepy, considering the circumstances.

I blew this up to 250% on my screen. I'm seeing a coat of arms or symbol/crest at the very top centre inside the frame and then followed by a greyish hue from text down the rest of the frame. Almost as if it's a framed letter of something official/of importance.

No, I’m not talking about that child. I’m talking about the one to Marie’s immediate left in the cake pic and the one sitting front left on the floor who is smaller and darker than Marie and wearing a lavender dress w a ruffle around the front
Good! We are talking about the same child. The one right next to Marie. Thanks for clarifying

The time line frustrates me (still). Amid all TR's travel, arrests, and activity, in what appears a slim window of time between wife, MC's mother, and Marlyse, the MC is conceived, born and raised somewhere for a couple of years before she ends up in NH w/TR. No one appears to have seen her or even known about her between 1975-78, and she had to have been around during part of that time frame.

Could this be the mother of the middle child?

CANADA - Canada - Bowmanville, Ont, WhtFem 90UFON, 18-30, near freeway, Oct'06

Early in the Bowmanville thread it's mentioned that the remains could have been there for 10 years prior to when found in 2006, however that has been bumped to as far back as 1979 - page 2, post #39.

Shared features - overbite and what seems to be Native North American features.

It's incredibly easy to get from New Hampshire to Bowmanville, Ontario. All of the northern NH border abuts Canada. From Mancheser, NH one can drive west to Syracuse, NY (5 hours) then north to Ganonoque, Ontario (2 hours). Ganonoque is on Highway 401 (major highway) - another 2 hours west on the 401 is Bowmanville. A weekend road trip would do it.

TR's body count was rising, or he was planning on it rising - disposing of at least one body in Canada would be clever of him. He seemed to be cunning enough for this.

If anyone want to submit this to the American LE in charge of the NH case please do so. Imo it would be a waste of time to try a comparison from the Canadian side - feedback is slim to none and I don't see any mention that DNA is available for the Bowmanville UID. NH LE is much more motivated to find info.

All jmo.

Could this be the mother of the middle child?

CANADA - Canada - Bowmanville, Ont, WhtFem 90UFON, 18-30, near freeway, Oct'06

Early in the Bowmanville thread it's mentioned that the remains could have been there for 10 years prior to when found in 2006, however that has been bumped to as far back as 1979 - page 2, post #39.

Shared features - overbite and what seems to be Native North American features.

It's incredibly easy to get from New Hampshire to Bowmanville, Ontario. All of the northern NH border abuts Canada. From Mancheser, NH one can drive west to Syracuse, NY (5 hours) then north to Ganonoque, Ontario (2 hours). Ganonoque is on Highway 401 (major highway) - another 2 hours west on the 401 is Bowmanville. A weekend road trip would do it.

TR's body count was rising, or he was planning on it rising - disposing of at least one body in Canada would be clever of him. He seemed to be cunning enough for this.

If anyone want to submit this to the American LE in charge of the NH case please do so. Imo it would be a waste of time to try a comparison from the Canadian side - feedback is slim to none and I don't see any mention that DNA is available for the Bowmanville UID. NH LE is much more motivated to find info.

All jmo.

I submitted a case, a long with several others, to the RCMP, and several other American agencies involved with the case. Turns out, the RCMP was the one who contacted the American agencies, even though they had the tip, too. So, even though it doesn't appear anything is being done because there's no feedback, there usually is stuff going on behind the scenes. Last I knew, Canada does things a bit different than we do. They were just building a DNA database, and had a tendency to not collect DNA samples of an MP/MP's family unless they believed it would be a likely match to a set of remains.

I agree Alleykins that there may or may not be something going on behind the scenes following a tip and that Canadian LE may or may not collect and test DNA. It's not motivating for the public and comes across as condescending imo.

Public engagement is what LE needs at all times. I hope the Bowmanville UID is at least checked as a possibility to the middle child and by those that are most motivated to seek, find answers and report back in a meaningful way.

For those who are questioning photos of Marie - Announcement from NCMEC: (parts bolded by me for reference)

BEAR BROOK MURDERS

Today New Hampshire authorities announced 3 of the 4 #Allenstown murder victims have been identified. DNA confirmed they are Marlyse Honeychurch and her two daughters Marie Vaughn and Sarah McWaters. They disappeared from California during November 1978.

While their names are now known, there are still several questions that remain. Authorities are seeking continued assistance from the public. The below photos appear to be taken during December 1977 or 1978 for Marie's birthday. Marie has been identified as the little girl in the white dress blowing out birthday candles. The location of where this photo was taken is unknown. The other children in the photos have not been identified.

If you have any information on where these photos were taken or who is in the photos, please call the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST, ncmectips@ncmec.org or contact the New Hampshire State Police Cold Case Unit at (603)223-3856, coldcaseunit@dos.nh.gov.

Help ID Me

So to answer everyone's question, if photos are from 77 ( a year before leaving) or 78 (just after they left) it is quite unlikely that middle child (Terry's child) would be in the photo with them. (Just in my own humble opinion).

BEAR BROOK MURDERS

Help ID Me

Thats what I'm thinking also I know this is morbid but if they were just together approx 6 mos before he murdered all of them the middle child could have been already dead and put with them when he murdered them , it wouldn't be hard to carry a young child's remains in a toolbox or something and the PMI would still be so similar , Also the Thanksgiving when she took Terry wouldn't her parents have known he had a child and was she with them at the thanksgiving Dinner? anyone know?

Thats what I'm thinking also I know this is morbid but if they were just together approx 6 mos before he murdered all of them the middle child could have been already dead and put with them when he murdered them , it wouldn't be hard to carry a young child's remains in a toolbox or something and the PMI would still be so similar , Also the Thanksgiving when she took Terry wouldn't her parents have known he had a child and was she with them at the thanksgiving Dinner? anyone know?

In the timeline, it's stated a child was not with him at Thanksgiving in CA in 1978
I think they determined they were all killed at the same time, in spite of the two barrels being found 15 years apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong