Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a big nut to cover. And I haven't seen any indication that he rented any of these properties out - that would probably be counter productive in the sale of luxury homes but developers will sometimes turn to that tactic in bad markets. I do think some buyers find these homes harder to justify or afford with the new restrictions on deductibility of state and local taxes.
Yes, big nut indeed! I believe it’s been stated that his declared income in 2018 was $98,000..

Not sure about I-95 in that area but I actually was driving to PA from NY the morning of 5/24 same timeframe. Traffic was horrible.
I suppose with no snow or accidents a little over an hour.

New to WS, been following along and finally decided to make an account. And finally decided to start contributing. Local to the area. Traffic that Friday was horrendous. But typically any weekday morning on the Merritt going southbound is stop and go as commuters head towards NYC for work. On average you're talking 1 hour 2o to 1 hour 40 minute drive if you're aiming for around 9am. This is the typical day, not a holiday weekend.

New to WS, been following along and finally decided to make an account. And finally decided to start contributing. Local to the area. Traffic that Friday was horrendous. But typically any weekday morning on the Merritt going southbound is stop and go as commuters head towards NYC for work. On average you're talking 1 hour 2o to 1 hour 40 minute drive if you're aiming for around 9am. This is the typical day, not a holiday weekend.
Welcome! Thank You!

Jennifer Dulos, her husband and his girlfriend:

Some people say her husband and his girlfriend are the dumbest criminals, but I see them as meticulous. If police had not connected video with the 30 evidence deposits (only 5 of which police recovered), police would never have checked that garbage area. They had it worked out so that if they had a couple of more hours, all of the evidence bags would have disappeared.

It was very dumb that he had his cell phone in his pocket when he hid the evidence. Her cell phone was tracked next to his the entire time, so she's no better.

Meticulous and still they both missed such an important detail.

upload_2019-6-7_20-17-7.png

The fact that I am on this website makes me feel guilty at times. I LOVE a good crime case, yet given that I live just 10 minutes away from New Canaan, I feel so incredibly sad for Jennifer Dulos and her young children. I suspect she fell for the charms of Fotis Dulos....big accomplished muscular waterskier, great looking man,big shot builder, charismatic for sure. I don't get the sense that she was necessarily the type that commanded male attention. She met him and HE realized that SHE came from a father that was highly successful and had significant means. If I were a person of great wealth, I would warn my children of people like Fotis Dulos. There are five beautiful children that were born to Jennifer Dulos who are suffering incredibly right now. I was in Manhattan today for business on the Upper East side and I wondered where these poor kids were living with their grandmother...probably not far away...looking out a window...wondering about mommy. I can't believe they haven't found her yet. I pray those beautiful children can be sheltered and incredibly loved by their grandmother and any other significant adults going forward. That's all that matters at this point.

Some people say her husband and his girlfriend are the dumbest criminals, but I see them as meticulous. If police had not connected video with the 30 evidence deposits (only 5 of which police recovered), police would never have checked that garbage area. They had it worked out so that if they had a couple of more hours, all of the evidence bags would have disappeared.

It was very dumb that he had his cell phone in his pocket when he hid the evidence. Her cell phone was tracked next to his the entire time, so she's no better.

View attachment 188144
Sad but rule 101 for criminals should be leave your phone at home and turn off your gps in your car....

Yes, NextDoor is in the neighborhood but I don't feel comfortable discussing what my neighbors are saying on a closed registration platform.

Further anything said is purely an opinion and that isn't what WS is about due to the TOS requirements. Think about it, how would you feel if you are chatting away on ND and someone unknown to you is screenshotting your comments and posting them without your knowledge on WS?

Maybe others differ but I would never do it and its the same way I wouldn't screenshot a text and post or send that to someone else not part of the convo - even though this gets done all the time in our phone driven world. Personal choice and MOO COMPLETELY.
I'm on Next Door Silvermine, and avoiding the big conversation on this for the reasons you're expressing here, @afitzy

I'm caught up now, back home from a trip.

A post here really got to me. I'm sorry I don't remember her name, but she is new and was/is a teacher at the children's school and knew Jennifer, the kids and Fotis. She relayed how kind she was, devoted to her children, active in the school, but that Jennifer had lost a lot of weight, was quiet and always seemed to be frightened and nervous the last couple of years. It just made me so very sad. A good person who didn't deserve any of this fear and horrific treatment from her husband, the gas lighting, the abuse, disrespect.... I wish she had never met the . If only. She deserved a lot better. It's beyond tragic. Her poor children who loved her. I know they will be well cared for, with much counseling and love, but the pain and scars will never go away.

As for MT, if I stated what I really thought of that ghastly woman, I'd have a long TO.
And may FD rot in hell till the day he dies.

I don't know why this is bothering me so much tonight, but I can't get it out of my head. In the description of the guest house that FD's company built for JD's parents, it mentions that they "...were luckily introduced to the best high end builder Fore Group...". Besides the extremely poor grammar in the ad, the deception is driving me crazy. Obviously, Mr. and Mrs. Farber weren't "luckily introduced" to this company as if it was some wonderful coincidence.

Really, this is nothing important, I just can't get it out of my mind. It makes me very wary of any advertising!!

Modern Guest Pavilion built by high end builder - Fore Group Inc.

FD wouldn't be paying taxes on the house he was currently residing in with MT as it was reported in MSM that it was in foreclosure right?? It's the other properties that it sounds like would be coming due. Am I getting that correct?
we don't know what kind of financing FD used. If his house is in foreclosure, then he hasn't been paying the mortgage and the bank has paid the taxes. I don't know why anybody would want to pay $40,000 a year in property taxes. That's ridiculous. No wonder his houses aren't selling.

JMO

Anyone find it sorta odd that the kids were all going to NYC that day? FD was supposed to have the kids over Memorial Day weekend. So they made the trip to NYC for Friday night, just to turn around and meet up with dad Saturday morning? Wonder if there was something specific that made her want to be with her mom that night with the kids.

Pondering aloud, no conclusions. JMO.

I think one thing to note, and this also goes back to the comments in earlier threads regarding JD having appts in NYC as well, NYC is not that far away from lower Fairfield County. It's not unusual for those of us that reside here to go in just for lunch/dinner with a friend or family or to see a doctor. I would assume that should one be of higher socioeconomic status, it would even be more common to go into NYC for these events and/or shopping or socializing. By train or car you're looking at 45 mins to an hour on a good day, but I would say it would typically take me an hour and 15 to drive in, park, and get to where I'm going.

"Not seeing how he was paying the taxes to keep them current with no cash coming in and no sales. If the person that found info about the land sale for $250,000 could post that it would be helpful as perhaps that was the source of cash to keep the taxes paid. Will report back when I piece it together but if cash was from a private source and no mortgage was filed (as I suspect) then not sure an answer will be forthcoming" RSSB.
I don't know anything about the $250,000 sale but I know that a lot of big RE developers establish separate entities such as LLCs for individual or similarly situated real estate holdings. Not to mention FD could have acquired some RE in his own name, particularly after JD moved to NC. Not all lenders are smart enough to blanket cover all of those assets in a security agreement or mortgage so it makes me wonder if he has anything else he can easily sell, albeit at a fire sale discount price.

FORE GROUP INC seller 02/25/2019 Warranty Deed Yes $250,000
Olcott Way

I forgot the link PropertyRecordCards.Com

Last edited:

View attachment 188144
I bet we haven't heard half the dumb things they've done.

Stay tuned for more evidence of their not-so-meticulous-ness.

Wahackme is a horrible street name

Roads surround the front (Weed) and one side of the park (Wahackme) but houses are on one side and rear of park. The blue arrows indicate the entrances from the street. Most people drive to the park and park either near the main house or near the front entrance where there is a small parking area. Most of the park is lawn with chairs and picnic tables. The park is a former residence that was given to the town so the park such as it is doesn't have much in the way of wooded area except to the rear of the park behind the main house. The property slopes downward toward the back of the property (house sits high and has great views to the rear) and the rear is quite secluded. The vegatation around the paths is seasonally clipped so this time of year there is good visibitility of the rear of the house to the rear property line if you were looking from the back lawn. As the season progresses the vegatation takes over and fills out quite a bit. But now its easy to see most parts of the property to the rear by standing on the back lawn IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member