CA CA - Jonathan Fayiah Bandabaila, 19, Oakland, 3 May 2019

A new article stating the police are asking for help finding him:

Oakland Man Missing, Police Ask For Help Finding Him

Jonathan Bandabaila, 19, left home on May 3 to drive to a soccer tournament in Los Angeles and has not been in touch with his family since.
...snipped...
Police said Bandabaila was reportedly in good mental and physical health and hasn't been reported missing in the past.
Police said he is 5 feet 7 inches tall, 175 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.

Snipped and bolded to highlight new info in this article.

His brother went to the Oakland City Council this past Tuesday to make a plea for more to be done to find his brother. He was accompanied by his parents. Here is the video from the meeting. His brother speaks at 1:17:35 in the video. Also a council member speaks about bringing Jonathan home. It is really heartbreaking.

Oakland City Council_5_21_19 - May 22nd, 2019

His brother went to the Oakland City Council this past Tuesday to make a plea for more to be done to find his brother. He was accompanied by his parents. Here is the video from the meeting. His brother speaks at 1:17:35 in the video. Also a council member speaks about bringing Jonathan home. It is really heartbreaking.

Oakland City Council_5_21_19 - May 22nd, 2019

Paraphrased from what the brother spoke about ... the investigators told them they should look at the video from the bridge to find out more info. Later the investigators told the family that the video was too blurry to see anything and they wanted to close the case as a suicide. His family and friends all agree he is not suicidal and is a great kid. He had plans for an out of town soccer tournament and a formal in the week after he went missing that he was looking forward to. There were bags in his car. He is in college (I couldn’t hear where). Family is pleading for more publicity on the case and any help they can get. More needs to be done.
The council woman that speaks to them says she agrees that more needs to be done to bring their baby home.

Paraphrased from what the brother spoke about ... His family and friends all agree he is not suicidal and is a great kid. He had plans for an out of town soccer tournament and a formal in the week after he went missing that he was looking forward to. There were bags in his car. He is in college

SBM: No inkling yet what really happened, but please, please know that all kinds of people decide to end their own lives. People who just booked flights, made vacation plans, bought a house, made dinner... folks who just went shopping, are excited about the NBA Finals, or an upcoming trip... people who wrapped gifts to give to a favorite sister, picked out the perfect outfit, looked forward to a special visit, just put dinner in the oven... Folks who seemingly have it all... folks who seemingly have it all together...

I hope Jonathan is hiding out somewhere, taking a breather... I really do... because it does get better. So much love to those who miss and care about this kid.

Those not familiar with the area, San Mateo/ dumbarton bridge is the next accessible bride after the Golden Gate Bridge going toward San Francisco from the east Bay Area. Friends of his have been posting missing fliers since before it was on the news but in the beginning, they were posting the original flier with the original information. Stating that his car was found abandoned on the San Mateo/dumbarton bridge and around the same time frame there were reports of somebody sitting on the bridge railing. Many have pointing out the unfortunate idea that he may have jumped from the bridge since the bridge is not close to his native Oakland ( not within walking distance what so ever to Oakland) but any mention of this they turn defensive and have physically threatened several people for pointing out this logical conclusion. Once they realized that many people came to that same conclusion they altered the missing flier to negate the information of a person being seen on the bridge railing and started including that he was last seen in the Fruitvale area of Oakland. They have since hosted meetups and have had people join in to distribute missing fliers without the original information posted. And have deleted all traces of the original missing flier, which I understand since they want people to actively look for him but in my opinion is a bit dishonest to manipulate the information and try to silence those who have legitimate questions about the suicide angle. His family recently went on the news saying they don’t think he committed suicide since they are so close but if this was true he would never keep them wondering and have them go on the news about his disappearance.

I know one of several people who have been treatened with bodily harm and with death for merely mentioning the logical fact that he might of commited suicide.

t6wa6s.jpg

This is one of the altered missing posters , one of the other ones incorrectly stated that he was last seen around the fruitvale area or in Oakland in general..

this was the Original flier with the original truthful information

4t5zmg.jpg

This one says what really happened and what was originally reported. I find it troublesome that they have purposely withheld important and vital information for the sake of denial and to mislead the public. I find it troubling that they have threatened several people with death and bodily harm for asking questions pertaining to the suicide angle. Why try to silence legitimate questions? Why divert attention and resources and why not instead look towards the bridge and the water surrounding it? Why go on the news and online and spread misinformation? his immediate family being in denial is understandable but people who call themselves friends of his and his siblings / family are purposely spreading misinformation, hiding key facts , and are willing to suppress those who so much as ask of the suicide angle with death threats , threats of bodily harm to those who question and their families etc. I personally know of someone who was physically threatened with harm and death for stating the obvious conclusion that he jumped... I hope they find peace but lying , covering key details up and misleading the news and the public is not forgivable or in anyway working in their favor

PUBLISHED: September 19, 2019 at 2:44 pm |
UPDATED: September 19, 2019 at 4:52 pm
“[Jonathan Bandabaila] was last seen May 3 when he left his home to drive to a soccer tournament. On May 4 his car, a 1998 silver Honda Accord, was found parked in westbound lanes of the Hayward-San Mateo Bridge. Among items inside were his soccer gear and the clothes he planned to wear to an upcoming formal event.

A dozen relatives and friends, some holding pictures of him and others signs saying ‘We Miss you Jonny’ and ‘Jonathan Come Home Please We Love you,’ joined police commanders Thursday at a news conference where a plea was made to the public for help in locating the Merritt College student.

The family announced it is offering a $2,500 reward for information leading to finding him.

His older brother, Harrison Bandabaila, tears streaming down his face, spoke on the family’s behalf about his sibling and what they are going through.

He said his mother still cries constantly, which is difficult for him to witness: ‘We just want to know what happened to him.’

He said the family cannot think of any reason why he would deliberately disappear.

‘I don’t think he ran away. There were no signs of depression or mental illness. He was happy’

Bandabalia said his brother is ‘an amazing person. When you first encounter him, he will always be in your memory. He was loving, caring, very athletic. He was a walking jukebox who was always playing music. He was full of joy.’

He thanked police for their efforts and the community for the support they have shown.

[SBM]

[Chief of Police Anne Kirkpatrick] made it clear that the case was still open ‘and that it will not be closed until we know what happened to Jonathan.’

Deputy Chief Oliver Cunningham, whose duties include overseeing the department’s Missing Persons Unit, said investigators do have some leads but did not want to disclose too much information. He did say investigators ‘are looking at every pathway’ and are optimistic about the case: ‘We just want Jonathan to let us know he is OK wherever he is or just reach out to his family and say ‘I’m OK.'’

Anyone who may have information about Bandabaila is asked to call police at 510-238-3641.”
33CCB2B0-EC1E-406C-807A-AF21B40F331E.jpeg D3E99A08-112B-4CEB-947E-798AE9E82E7F.jpeg

Family still anguishes over Oakland man missing four months

You can watch the entire press conference at the link:

Reactions: MFH

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members