Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it should be. One of saddest parts of seeking justice for the Joey McStay family is their grieving family members have had to wait so long for it to happen.

Since they do not live in the area it's even been harder on them both emotionally, and financially to come to court when living hours away.

It had to even cause more stress, and frustration for them even if they did come ..when often they wound up not having court or very little hours of testimonies many days. My heart breaks for all of them. They have endured so much for so long.

Do you know if there is a fund setup by the courts to assist them monetarily?

Aren't they provided a victim's advocate to support them throughout the trial? TIA

My beautiful Gitana you know I have loved you for many years now. Thank you for loving me too.

You are so wise, always being helpful, but most of all you have a kind, loving compassionate heart, and you show it to us all because that is who you are.

Jmho

There are statewide funds for certain things but i dont knowfor travel. They'd probably need a private fundraiser.

Most verdicts don't have a documentary team needing time to set up.

Holy smokes. True. And gross.

Super slimy.

There are statewide funds for certain things but i dont knowfor travel. They'd probably need a private fundraiser.

Holy smokes. True. And gross.

Super slimy.

He did have a private fundraiser, in fact I believe Tricia posted it here if I'm not mistaken.

Found a list of graduation dates for the San Bernardino area...

Graduations 2019 schedule: Dates, times for San Bernardino area high schools, universities – San Bernardino Sun

Today, the only graduation in the area is San Bernardino High School... at 7pm tonight. I guess it's possible, but that seems like something that would have come up when they were discussing "deliberating on Friday's" a week and a half ago. I've known my son's graduation day for months. JMO

I waited to read before I did that because I figured you'd beat me to it. I just attended a graduation last week. Generally they are in the evenings as well.

Except that he has been here waiting for the call. He actually now has to wait till Monday to go home.

Though, he would probably be planning on staying for sentencing in the event of a guilty verdict right? So maybe it's less of an inconvenience than we are imagining?

LOL it's like you have been here since January... :D

You know it.

Except odds are that none of them think he was railroaded. I mean there is evidence he is a class A wiener. If the verdict is not guilty, they probably think he might have done the crime, but the DA failed to prove it.

I guess I feel that no one (other than a couple of obtuse Chase Cheerleaders on Twitter) think the SOB was railroaded.

[bbm]

that cracked me up
:D

Except odds are that none of them think he was railroaded. I mean there is evidence he is a class A wiener. If the verdict is not guilty, they probably think he might have done the crime, but the DA failed to prove it.

I guess I feel that no one (other than a couple of obtuse Chase Cheerleaders on Twitter) think the SOB was railroaded.
I would hope, if that was the case, and all 12 thought he did the crime, but the State didn't prove it 100%, that they would come in with a hung jury, instead of an acquittal.

If they all thought he was likely the killer but it hadn't been BARD, then why go for an acquittal, where he will walk away free from his crimes? They could just set up a retrial with a hung jury instead.

I would hope, if that was the case, and all 12 thought he did the crime, but the State didn't prove it 100%, that they would come in with a hung jury, instead of an acquittal.

If they all thought he was likely the killer but it hadn't been BARD, then why go for an acquittal, where he will walk away free from his crimes? They could just set up a retrial with a hung jury instead.
Juries let off wife killers. Juries let off ex wife killers.

Juries don’t let off quadruple murderers.

Not with this amount of evidence. They would hang before that.

They didn’t hang, so I’m not worried.

Isn't this very unusual to do? I don't think I have heard this before. I thought maybe in the morning but not this long.

The problem is—no court on Saturday. If the verdict had come in on a different day of the week, it might have been announced the next morning—but if you postpone a Friday verdict, it has to be postponed till Monday.

Funky funky said:
What time is that UK time please?
Tortoise said:

and 8pm my time....
animated-smileys-angry-023.gif
dang - I have to wait all day....

And thank you everyone for posting updates on what went on! :)

I have never ever heard of a verdict being held off like this before. I don't like it.

Isn't this very unusual to do? I don't think I have heard this before. I thought maybe in the morning but not this long.

Welcome to websleuths :)

I think this is different than what we usually see... but this trial has been all about different IMO ;)

and 8pm my time....
animated-smileys-angry-023.gif
dang - I have to wait all day....

And thank you everyone for posting updates on what went on! :)
And there was me wondering how I would occupy myself for a full two hours wait.

...maybe we could go over the evidence again in the next 57 hours 43 minutes :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members