Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #5*ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we certain it was 30 bags, and not just contents dropped into 30 receptacles? That could make quite a difference. I am curious as to what the contents were that were discarded, but I also do not believe that it would take 30 bags to discard a dismembered body, unless they were awfully small bags. I also believe there is no way that info would not have leaked out, had any body parts been found in any of those bags. We heard that some of the bags contained blood. Why do we assume we would not have heard...oh, and also an arm. JMO
All we can go by is the media report and arrest warrant- this is one of the most secured investigations I’ve followed in 11+ years on WS - not many leaks IMO

One point is her vehicle -we know spatter was on the other car in the garage at her rental home but we’ve heard nothing about the forensics from jDs car - regarding the Hartford drops - I believe it was 30 times he was caught on video dropping bags - I’m certain the link to the report is in our media thread
Absolutely, blood in the garage and on her cars. Absolutely, he made 30 stops but it is unclear if it was 30 bags. But either way, I think the crucial time is between leaving JD's home and that 13:37 time--- with the addition of the poison ivy, we know he was in some wooded area for a period of time if he has the rash in lots of places. Now, I want to know where on his body he has the rash.

I have a few thoughts in regard to finding the body....

There does not seem to be any active, intense, continuous searches anywhere but the trash plant.

At the locations they have frequented, such as his properties, they may have been searching for murder weapons.

They have been going non stop at the trash plant. Perhaps they have found parts of her body, and are continuing to search for her body in its entirety. By finding all of her, they would have a better chance of determining cause of death. Scull fracture, broken ribs, etc. Perhaps they could determine if there was blunt force trauma. It reminds me of the show Bones where they lay out the skeletal remains and assess what potentially happened to the victim. Hypothetically they may have found a potential murder weapon, and need her bones to show it was used in the attack.

We don’t know if they were able to pinpoint his location for the entire day she went missing. If they were able to, they know exactly where he’s been. Seems to me they’ve covered all the areas he was that day and all signs point to the trash plant.

So far, it’s fairly obvious he isn’t a criminal genius. I doubt he did something extremely savvy to elude the discovery of her body.

My last thought goes to the previous cases I’ve followed. I have been shocked at how close bodies have been found to the search areas. Finding a body seems to be the equivalent of looking for a needle in a haystack, especially if it’s in heavy brush.

Example: It took investigators 5 months to find Caylee Anthony, whose body was less than half a mile from the home.
Yep I was on several searches for caylee - I think they do have their phone records and that’s why they are just looking at the garbage plant IMO

I have a few thoughts in regard to finding the body....

There does not seem to be any active, intense, continuous searches anywhere but the trash plant.

At the locations they have frequented, such as his properties, they may have been searching for murder weapons.

They have been going non stop at the trash plant. Perhaps they have found parts of her body, and are continuing to search for her body in its entirety. By finding all of her, they would have a better chance of determining cause of death. Scull fracture, broken ribs, etc. Perhaps they could determine if there was blunt force trauma. It reminds me of the show Bones where they lay out the skeletal remains and assess what potentially happened to the victim. Hypothetically they may have found a potential murder weapon, and need her bones to show it was used in the attack.

We don’t know if they were able to pinpoint his location for the entire day she went missing. If they were able to, they know exactly where he’s been. Seems to me they’ve covered all the areas he was that day and all signs point to the trash plant.

So far, it’s fairly obvious he isn’t a criminal genius. I doubt he did something extremely savvy to elude the discovery of her body.

My last thought goes to the previous cases I’ve followed. I have been shocked at how close bodies have been found to the search areas. Finding a body seems to be the equivalent of looking for a needle in a haystack, especially if it’s in heavy brush.

Example: It took investigators 5 months to find Caylee Anthony, whose body was less than half a mile from the home.
And Lizzie’s body was located close to home, too!

From that same article “Since last week’s garbage pickup was delayed by one day because of Memorial Day, most of the trash from the Albany Avenue area had not been incinerated.”

This is great news!!! It means the evidence is still there somewhere!

I also think the poison ivy points towards disposal of the body somewhere in the woods and not in the garbage.
I can't open the Courant's site without a subscription but please tell me he's covered in poison ivy blisters as there aren't many things quite as miserable.

I think I said that last night about him building to suit his tastes. I am now more than sure this is the case! He built only what he wanted to, IMO, because he was addicted to the spend! It made him feel rich to lay out all that cash. He probably felt it made others see him as well off and successful. All he wanted was to appear like he he cash flow. I’m sure he arranged for his mom’s death and killed JD for their life insurance.
I sure hope they reopen an investigation into his mother's "accident."

JMO

With no new news - for those that believe the body is intact and in water or somewhere else - what do you think can make up the 30 drops of bags caught on video knowing the only info released about what is contained in the found bags is bloody clothing and sponge(s) what could be divided up to account for this quantity of bags and what are your thoughts on why the prolonged effort by LE to recover the other bags that may just contain more bloody clothes ? I’ve already offered my thoughts and am curious what others are thinking since we have nothing new to discuss IMO
Honestly, I am stumped. 30 garbage bags is a lot - even if they are the kitchen-sized (13 gallon) bags. I just bought those today and there were 30 bags to a box. I could easily put every sponge in my house in one bag and there would be room left over. All I can say is that these two monsters are inept at both murder and housecleaning - and very wasteful as well. MOO.

Last edited:
If he has a large rash in multiple areas, he was directly exposed. Scratching can't spread it. It would be great to know if it he is "covered" or has it in small amounts.

"The rash will occur only where the plant oil has touched the skin, so a person with poison ivy can’t spread it on the body by scratching. It may seem like the rash is spreading if it appears over time instead of all at once. But this is either because the plant oil is absorbed at different rates on different parts of the body or because of repeated exposure to contaminated objects or plant oil trapped under the fingernails. Even if blisters break, the fluid in the blisters is not plant oil and cannot further spread the rash." From the FDA: Outsmarting Poison Ivy and Other Poisonous Plants

Absolutely, blood in the garage and on her cars. Absolutely, he made 30 stops but it is unclear if it was 30 bags. But either way, I think the crucial time is between leaving JD's home and that 13:37 time--- with the addition of the poison ivy, we know he was in some wooded area for a period of time if he has the rash in lots of places. Now, I want to know where on his body he has the rash.
Oh, let us hope he had an upset stomach and had to drop his drawers in a P.I. patch!

I'd like to know if FD's business owned a chipper/shredder.

Using one to grind up Jennifer's body, then blow small parts into the garbage bags would be doable and would also account for the loud noises heard by neighbors and dogs.

I wonder if cameras might show them hauling one of the small trailers in which they may have taken the chipper to the reservoir or lake for disposal. JMO

I don’t think FD did any of the manual labor. He subbed it out. He just picked the expensive stuff he wanted. He probably has very few tools.

Wood chippers don’t make banging noises, it makes a short burst grinding noise. Maybe 2 seconds each when they were grinding trees I had to have removed last month. They were huge trunks, so her body parts would go much faster.

That said, the remains of something that goes through a chipper comes out with such velocity that the chipper was 8-9 feet away from the truck and everything landed in it no problem. A bag would be ripped to shreds.

IMO even this guy isn’t dumb enough to go to a vacant house in the middle of the night and chip up a body or make tons of noise. Disturbing the peace is a good way to have the cops come.

I have been following cases here for about ten years now, and one thing I have seen, over and over again...murderers are very seldom as clever as we often assume they are. More often than not, they are just lucky. It is extremely difficult to find a body unless you have specific information on its location. We all have lost our keys or such at home, and turned the house upside down trying to find them. Now imagine trying to find a human body, that may or may not be concealed or intact, when you may not even know the general area to search. I frankly think it is a miracle that anyone is ever found without being led to the location. I think I am probably in the minority here, but I don't really believe that JD was meticulously dismembered and scattered. I think she more likely was taken somewhere and covered or buried, perhaps with use of construction equipment. I really felt like MT was involved enough that she would know the location of the remains, but now I am rethinking that. Finally, I agree with gitana and a few others in stating that, if LE had recovered any human tissue, there would be murder charges by now. I do believe they are searching for other evidence at MIRA...a murder weapon perhaps, other physical evidence that may strengthen the case. I do believe that they will find JD eventually, with or without help from MT or FD, and I believe FD will be successfully prosecuted. JMO

ITA. I think the meticulous search of the trash is for the murder weapon. It's possible MT and FD followed the Kelsey Berreth case and learned about KK's "confession" that KB was in the landfill or river. No meticulous search of the landfill turned up anything.

JMO

Interesting. Just read this----
Sources said police also are trying to determine why Fotis Dulos is covered in a poison ivy rash and where he may have gotten it. They noticed the poison ivy last week when they executed a body search warrant on him and took his DNA.
Police return to Hartford trash plant Saturday in search
Interesting indeed! I've had poison ivy. I did not know I was exposed until the rash started. It was not instant. It was one day I believe and it progressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff