Korean woman, 63, Missing from Mediterranean Norwegian Cruise Ship, 8 Jun 2019

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
According to reports, the teenager was last seen wearing “pink pyjamas” before she plunged into the sea. The missing girl is thought to be American and fell overboard yesterday morning between Mallorca and Menorca in the Balearic islands. Emergency services have been searching for the missing teenager since with passengers on board the ship being told to stand on the deck and look for her.

One of the passengers Rebekah Sanderling tweeted: "I’m on the Norwegian Epic cruise ship in the Mediterranean and we’ve spent all day looking for a passenger who fell overboard last night.

“People are saying it was an American teenage girl.

"Her parents are the ones who alerted the crew that she was missing. Every passenger on the ship has been searching the waters for her for approx eight hours.

"I think if she was on board she would have been located by now."

Girl ‘in pink pyjamas’ missing after PLUNGING into ocean from luxury cruise liner

Teenager Overboard Norwegian Epic
Norwegian Cruise Line has confirmed that an adult passenger has gone overboard the Norwegian Epic cruise ship while en route to Spain. According to passengers on the current cruise, the missing guest is a female teenager from the United States.

Early this morning, a report was made that an adult guest went overboard while the ship was sailing to Spain. The authorities were immediately notified & a search and rescue operation ensued. The search remains underway. Our thoughts and prayers are with the individual's family.

— Cruise Norwegian (@CruiseNorwegian) June 8, 2019
The cruise line confirmed the reports via Twitter and stated that a search by local authorities is currently underway. The guest went overboard early morning on June 8 in the Mediterranean. Guests have also been trying to spot the missing teenager throughout the day but sadly the person has not yet been found.

The large NCL ship has maintained position around 200 miles from Cannes in the French Riviera and a scheduled call to Palma de Mallorca, Spain has been canceled.

According to a passenger who told the Weather Channel, the captain has asked people to head out to the open deck to help look for her in the water. It was also mentioned the teenager’s parents went to bed at 1:00 AM and the following morning noticed she was missing. After checking CCTV footage she was last seen going into her cabin.

Passenger Missing After Going Overboard Norwegian Cruise Ship

BBM. If she was last seen going into her cabin, how did she fall overboard? Wouldn't CCTV have caught her leaving the cabin too? :confused:o_O

Shades of Amy Bradley..
Disappearance of Amy Lynn Bradley - Wikipedia
Desperate search for 'girl in pink pyjamas' who fell overboard on cruise liner
0_The-cruise-ship-Norwegian-Epic-sails-pas.jpg

Norwegian Cruise Line, the company which operates the Norwegian Epic tour, confirmed a passenger had gone missing (Image: AFP/Getty Images)

Last edited:
Teenager Overboard Norwegian Epic
Norwegian Cruise Line has confirmed that an adult passenger has gone overboard the Norwegian Epic cruise ship while en route to Spain. According to passengers on the current cruise, the missing guest is a female teenager from the United States.

Early this morning, a report was made that an adult guest went overboard while the ship was sailing to Spain. The authorities were immediately notified & a search and rescue operation ensued. The search remains underway. Our thoughts and prayers are with the individual's family.

— Cruise Norwegian (@CruiseNorwegian) June 8, 2019
The cruise line confirmed the reports via Twitter and stated that a search by local authorities is currently underway. The guest went overboard early morning on June 8 in the Mediterranean. Guests have also been trying to spot the missing teenager throughout the day but sadly the person has not yet been found.

The large NCL ship has maintained position around 200 miles from Cannes in the French Riviera and a scheduled call to Palma de Mallorca, Spain has been canceled.

According to a passenger who told the Weather Channel, the captain has asked people to head out to the open deck to help look for her in the water. It was also mentioned the teenager’s parents went to bed at 1:00 AM and the following morning noticed she was missing. After checking CCTV footage she was last seen going into her cabin.

Passenger Missing After Going Overboard Norwegian Cruise Ship

BBM. If she was last seen going into her cabin, how did she fall overboard? Wouldn't CCTV have caught her leaving the cabin too? :confused:o_O
Only thing I can think of is that their room had a balcony. MOO

These scenarios are the worst! (well, this is WS, and plenty is the worst)

Seems these overboard disappearances are seldom accidents. How expansive was their cabin if her absence wasn't noticed until the next morning??

I'm sorry, don't get this completely. Correct me if I'm wrong. Girl goes overboard somewhere during the night, early in the morning. The ship is sailing, so is going on.... The next morning she appears to be missing and passenger are asked to look out for her/looking out for her in the water??? Huh??? How will they ever spot her?

I'm sorry, don't get this completely. Correct me if I'm wrong. Girl goes overboard somewhere during the night, early in the morning. The ship is sailing, so is going on.... The next morning she appears to be missing and passenger are asked to look out for her/looking out for her in the water??? Huh??? How will they ever spot her?
I read in one of the articles that once they learned that she was missing, they turned around the ship, went back and stopped after two hours. That's when they asked passengers to look for her in the sea. They must know the approximate time she went overboard.

If they have no footage of her leaving her room, the only explanation would be their room had a balcony and that’s why they think she went overboard

Not sure if they had two rooms, but her parents' room had a balcony. The ship also looks like most rooms have balconies.
The missing passenger, believed to be from America and wearing pink pyjamas, was last seen by her parents at 1am when they went to bed and she stayed out on the balcony.

Search for teenage girl in pink pyjamas who fell from cruise ship between Mallorca and Menorca | Daily Mail Online

I'd still like to know how they could pinpont the time/location she went overboard so they knew where to look for her.

Not sure if they had two rooms, but her parents' room had a balcony. The ship also looks like most rooms have balconies.

Search for teenage girl in pink pyjamas who fell from cruise ship between Mallorca and Menorca | Daily Mail Online

I'd still like to know how they could pinpont the time/location she went overboard so they knew where to look for her.

I am wondering that as well.
Perhaps someone in a room next door or nearby went out to their balcony and confirmed she was not on the balcony at the time they went out? That would help narrow down the timeline but it certainly wouldn't be precise enough to know where to stop when turning around to look I wouldn't think.

I am wondering that as well.
Perhaps someone in a room next door or nearby went out to their balcony and confirmed she was not on the balcony at the time they went out? That would help narrow down the timeline but it certainly wouldn't be precise enough to know where to stop when turning around to look I wouldn't think.
They now report that the time came from CCTV. Does the ship have surveillance cameras outside?

I am actually impressed the ship turned around to look for her.

I too wonder how they know when and where in the ocean she went overboard. It would have to be an eyewitness, either human or camera, or a very narrowed down time frame from someone seeing her one moment and no longer there minutes later.

I actually hope they have camera footage just so no questions result about foul play which other cruise ship incidents have left lingering concerns about.

Where to look I imagine is done by the system based on time and where the ship would have been at that time.

I wonder what happened. I have never been on a ship, are the balconies safe and fairly unlikely for one to fall off or overboard? I wonder if they connect (continuous) or are separate balconies for each cabin?

She's not a strong swimmer according to this.
Dr Kyjuan Brown, from Bermuda, told the Sun Online: "The female passenger was last seen on her balcony at around 1am in a pink nightgown. Her family reported her missing on Saturday morning.

"The balcony of the ship was lined by passengers looking overboard for the missing girl. Around 8pm the search was called off and the captain informed us that according to the family she could not swim at all. Given the conditions it's unlikely she would have survived.

"Everyone felt for the family. It's horrible to go on vacation and leave without a family member."

Brit passenger Angela Elliott added: "The ship travelled back to the spot where she was last seen and it continued to search that area going up and down until 9.30pm and it was too dark to continue. The ship then started its course to Barcelona. They did everything they could.

Brits reveal how girl in pink PJs 'who can't swim' fell from cruise ship

I wonder what happened. I have never been on a ship, are the balconies safe and fairly unlikely for one to fall off or overboard? I wonder if they connect (continuous) or are separate balconies for each cabin?
The balconies have separating walls between them. Look up pictures of Norwegian Epic (ship name) balconies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back