Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexander Whipple's next court appearance is on June 24th at 4:00 pm. Hopefully, he can plead guilty, sentenced to LWOP. And end this ordeal. I am sure it won't be that simple, but it should be. There are no other options available for AW.

Utah ended the "Insanity" defense in part because of the antics of David Mitchell and Wanda Barzee, kidnappers of Elizabeth Smart. Mitchell and Barzee acted so crazy, it was deemed that their criminal behavior was due to "mental illness", by their attorneys.
Smart's accused captor: Insane, or a calculating 'deceiver'? - CNN.com

Alexander Whipple's next court appearance is on June 24th at 4:00 pm. Hopefully, he can plead guilty, sentenced to LWOP. And end this ordeal. I am sure it won't be that simple, but it should be. There are no other options available for AW.

Utah ended the "Insanity" defense in part because of the antics of David Mitchell and Wanda Barzee, kidnappers of Elizabeth Smart. Mitchell and Barzee acted so crazy, it was deemed that their criminal behavior was due to "mental illness", by their attorneys.
Smart's accused captor: Insane, or a calculating 'deceiver'? - CNN.com

I really hope he pleads Guilty. The family does not deserve to see this horror play out in a courtroom.

Looking at his pictures from his last court hearing he looks very angry. He didn't give up the location of Lizzy straight away and until the DP was off the table.

I'm afraid he will try to fight this. He is evil.

@lucylulu that is interesting, in Chris Watts case, the investigators already had the bodies. So, they offered CW opportunity to get death penalty off the table in exchange for a guilty plea, no trial.

Here, AW already has DP off the table in exchange for body. I believe that the police would have found Lizzie eventually. There really isn't any other negotiable option here. AW is definitely getting LWOP. Utah citizens would revolt if he was given any other sentence.

AW's crime was so gruesome, even if they held his trial in another county, with a different jury pool, there is no potential for any other outcome but "guilty". The evidence is overwhelming.

@lucylulu that is interesting, in Chris Watts case, the investigators already had the bodies. So, they offered CW opportunity to get death penalty off the table in exchange for a guilty plea, no trial.

Here, AW already has DP off the table in exchange for body. I believe that the police would have found Lizzie eventually. There really isn't any other negotiable option here. AW is definitely getting LWOP. Utah citizens would revolt if he was given any other sentence.

AW's crime was so gruesome, even if they held his trial in another county, with a different jury pool, there is no potential for any other outcome but "guilty". The evidence is overwhelming.

I totally agree. The evidence is overwhelming... I'm just saying he didn't look remorseful at his last hearing... and if he was remorseful he would of gave up the body sooner. For some sick reason he might want to see this play out in court. I really hope I am wrong. Moo

Edit to add. I think CW didn't want to go to trial because he didn't want the world to know how evil he is. Moo

Being designated as a child molestor/murderer will severely limit AW's freedom and "opportunities" in prison, probably assuring that he'll spend most of his time separate from the general population.

He'll most likely eat his meals alone and will be treated contemptuously by the staff.

The little niceties that could make prison bearable will be withheld because his crimes are a special kind of evil.

I do hope he seeks forgiveness from God but he will still face the consequences of his actions and deservedly so.
Can we please not refer to him as a child molester? He is a child rapist. Molesting includes crimes less than rape. This man doesn't deserve to be called anything less than what he is.

This is the rare case involving a young girl being taken and later killed that I strongly believe doesn't involve a sexual component. His use of a knife (if that was the murder weapon), his anger and rage, and background make me think this was more about his sociopathic desire to hurt someone, someone as others have suggested was loved and had love and other security and safety he never felt he had. No excuses - that he chose to take this anger and resentment out on the most helpless of victims is beyond despicable. He had the opportunities for treatment, for help, after his initial DUI arrest and time, and he chose to start using substances again instead of dealing with and coping with his issues.

ALL MOO.

Also, Lizzy's obituary broke my heart. Rest in peace little Rainbow Girl, and fly high with your Rainbow Wings.

I, like you, had hoped that as horrific as this was, that she didn’t suffer even more with rape on top of that. Sadly with the new charges we really are seeing pure evil. Poor Lizzy. If I think about it too much it just destroys my hope

I'm fine with the SA charges, because with those acts AW destroyed his own dignity, not anyone else's – and I hope everyone he ever encounters from here on out is fully aware of that.

Lizzy's dignity is fine. As for her family, agreed that they may be feeling some stigma of having a family member SAed. But they did nothing wrong either – they were trying to be kind and hospitable to a guest, and were savagely betrayed by him. The stigma – the shame of being a victim of this type of crime – is what needs to be done away with, not legitimate charges. And the way to eradicate anything is not to keep silent about it, or to treat it like something that shouldn't be talked about. That only validates the idea that the victim has something to be ashamed of.

I say when AW's convictions happen, shout it from the rooftops: This piece of filth raped and murdered his tiny niece after he was made welcome in her parents' home. He broke every major societal taboo – incest, rape, murder, violating hospitality. HE is beyond the pale, not those he took advantage of.

Applause!! Amen.

I knew full well he SA her, but I didn't expect LE to go forward with the charges, seeing as he was already facing life b/c of aggravated murder. IMO it would protect Lizzy and her family's dignity to not make the SA public (i.e. Jayme Closs, Abby and Libby), but I guess they decided otherwise.

Jayme is alive and to have to have her testify about what he did would be retraumatizing.

Victims who remain a live should have a choice in determining what is divulged to the public and what pleas are agreed to. And it looks like she did have that choice.

What happened to Abby and Libby hasn't been divulged not to protect their dignity- because they did nothing wrong and nothing to lose their dignity - but because it's an on-going investigation and details of the crimes being published would destroy the case.

since she was family AND there was brutal SA and multiple weapons, there should be a way to invoke DP. it's so beyond aggravated. it's so devastating to so many victims/family.

The judge doesn't have to follow a plea.

But they typically do so that future perps will talk.

IMO he's the living dead. His soul is already gone. So who cares about the costly death penalty being imposed?

It's as if the dementor's kiss has been performed on him. There nothing there to take but his shell.

Things worked out in the Watts case but after watching the special last weekend, the DA did not initiate any deal with CW -- that actually came from the defense.

In fact, the DA did not accept CW's guilty to all until he had the blessing from SW family. DA had no doubts, and was ready and willing to go all the way.

I choose to believe that he killed her first. Her anguished, horrified, piercing screams could have easily been heard by the residents of the 3 nearest houses or anyone traveling along the street. He wouldn't have taken that chance. Neighborhood dogs would have gone crazy and someone would have remembered upset dogs the next day as the area was overrun with those searching for her. This thought is the only way that I can deal with this.
Lizzy :( My heart is broken yet again. Haven't felt this sad since Lucas.

It's not that hard to cover a five year old's mouth.

In order for the charges to have been made, she would've had to be alive. Otherwise it would be another charge.

All I can hope is she died quickly and is happy and content chasing the moon and walking through rainbows now.

Maybe next time sign it with one of those bic frixion pens that erase or disappear when left in hot car or with blow dryer heat.

Sometimes I do a lot of typing on posts of thing and feelings I have but have to delete. Better not said or put in writing many of my frustrations

Utah has an option for "Guilty but Mentally Ill", I am not sure what that option would really do for AW, as it is obvious that he is a danger to others, and needs incarceration, not treatment. Whether or not he is mentally ill, he did know what he did was wrong, which is why he buried Lizzie's body.

AW does not meet the standards of "mentally incompetent". He appears stable enough for a trial. Hopefully, there won't be a trial.

Being designated as a child molestor/murderer will severely limit AW's freedom and "opportunities" in prison, probably assuring that he'll spend most of his time separate from the general population.

He'll most likely eat his meals alone and will be treated contemptuously by the staff.

He will be housed with pedophiles, rapists & murderers. There’s plenty of them. Together they create a new existence. Moo
I think staff cares little about any crimes. They are busy, must be on their toes, there’s a constant influx of new criminals they get to watch rot in their cells.

I really hope he pleads Guilty. The family does not deserve to see this horror play out in a courtroom.

Looking at his pictures from his last court hearing he looks very angry.
I wonder if he will hold off on pleading, hoping for a sentence with possibility of parole? Not that he has a chance but he does have the rest of his life to play courtroom games.
He did look angry & evil. A couple years ago, he was a nice looking young man, dugs, more drugs, child rape/murder, apprehension, forced withdrawal all took a toll on him. Oh add the fact he knows he ruined his own life. He’s so used to getting away with his crimes, I think this as imminent.
Also, I’ve felt from day one he had SA on his mind. I think it was on his mind for a couple of years. Suddenly, he couldn’t refrain.

I'm just saying he didn't look remorseful at his last hearing... and if he was remorseful he would of gave up the body sooner. For some sick reason he might want to see this play out in court
I think he’s remorseful but in a self serving way. He’s young, he has to be sad as well as terrified when thinking of the rest of his life. The life he chose.
Unfortunately, family preying on family is nothing new & will continue to occur. Jmo

Have not been keeping up with this thread since before the funeral. Just read the latest charges and I am just heartbroken. That poor beautiful free spirited loving child.
I can only hope for the worst imaginable future for her uncle
May all the fear and pain he bestowed on Lizzy be returned to him 10 fold
May her family find peace in her memories

It's not that hard to cover a five year old's mouth.

In order for the charges to have been made, she would've had to be alive. Otherwise it would be another charge.

All I can hope is she died quickly and is happy and content chasing the moon and walking through rainbows now.

Loving the images of her chasing the moon and walking thru rainbows.....

I'm fine with the SA charges, because with those acts AW destroyed his own dignity, not anyone else's – and I hope everyone he ever encounters from here on out is fully aware of that.

Lizzy's dignity is fine. As for her family, agreed that they may be feeling some stigma of having a family member SAed. But they did nothing wrong either – they were trying to be kind and hospitable to a guest, and were savagely betrayed by him. The stigma – the shame of being a victim of this type of crime – is what needs to be done away with, not legitimate charges. And the way to eradicate anything is not to keep silent about it, or to treat it like something that shouldn't be talked about. That only validates the idea that the victim has something to be ashamed of.

I say when AW's convictions happen, shout it from the rooftops: This piece of filth raped and murdered his tiny niece after he was made welcome in her parents' home. He broke every major societal taboo – incest, rape, murder, violating hospitality. HE is beyond the pale, not those he took advantage of.

THIS just bears repeating.

Thank you janewall.

Just kidding, we signed the deal in the wrong color ink. We can now charge you with the death penalty. If only ...
Or even better...oops, the person who agreed to no death penalty was an extra help employee with no authority...sorry. We will have the gas chamber ready, when you arrive...

That is exactly what I had in mind, reading those interviews and police reports.

As if his issues would "disappear" if those around him were quiet enough.
His issues were not taken seriously, I don´t mean by family and friends, but by society- judges for minors, parole officers etc.
I agree. The justice system Usually just puts bandaids on a bad situation. It seems to be a norm that parental rights outweigh what is best for the child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77