CA CA - Debra Kidwell, 26, & 3-year-old twins (Joshua & Jackson), Ventura, 4 May 1979

I would really like to know what happened to Debra and her twins. I'm going to look on Charley Project to find out if the twins have been added yet. This is so sad.

With the help of Debra's niece the podcast about this case starts Tuesday, June 11 @ Haunting History Podcast, and we can use as many eyes and hears as possible to help us get as far as we can on what happened to Debra, Joshua and Jackson.

debra_lynn_kidwell_1.jpg

Name: Debra Lynn Kidwell
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: May 4, 1979
Location Last Seen: Ventura, Ventura County, California

Physical Description
Date of Birth: May 27, 1952
Race: White
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 120 lbs.
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Eye Color: Hazel
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on her abdomen. She has a nervous condition.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Debra Lynn Kidwell, also known as Debra Lynn Cronan, was last seen on May 4, 1979 in Ventura, California.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Ventura County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Detective Ray Dominguez
Agency Phone Number: (805)384-4726
Agency Case Number: 79-07911
NCIC Case Number: M047303919
NamUs Case Number: 24298

Information Source(s)
Namus
CADOJ
870DFCA - Debra Lynn Kidwell

Hi! I know I am late to the discussion, just found the podcast! Just wondering if there have been updates since the podcast aired? Any DNA hits? Did the Rocco's ever reach out? I saw that Frank has passed away but hoping he reached out after the podcast. It seems like on the podcast they were unsure if Debra maybe worked at a restaurant owned by the Rocco's. I did find on a Facebook post that they owned Rocco's Pizzaria (or Rocco's in the Canyon) in Topanga, CA and sold it to new owners around 2005. I feel that the diary references to "went to Rocco's" was in reference to the restaurant. So she did talk about work in a sense. I hope someday this mystery is solved.

Apparently, Debra's husband, John, reported to the police that Debra called him out of the blue and said she needed to fly to Pennsylvania for a family emergency. John drove Debra and the twins to the airport, gave her $400 and a blank check, and left them queuing for tickets because he was double-parked. He called Debra's parents a couple days later only to be told that she hadn't arrived. There were no records of Debra boarding a flight that day. John took a polygraph that same year and passed.

John is now deceased. He committed suicide in 2008. He was a former heroin user and had contracted Hepatitis B. John's brother attributes his deteriorating health to his reason for killing himself. The last line of his suicide note read: “If my boys ever show up, please tell them I’m not who Debbie said I was.”

The details of Debra's disappearance all stem from her husband, and husbands are often the first line of enquiry when a married woman goes missing. There was apparently nothing on the surface to point to an unhappy marriage. Debra's diary never hinted at any marital problems or dissatisfaction. However, none of us can say for certain, and that ominous line in John's suicide note may suggest a different story.

If John was telling the truth, what happened? Did Debra have a change of plans and take off with someone else? Was the family emergency a cover story for her to runaway and start a new life?

Debra Lynn Kidwell, age 26​

debra_lynn_kidwell_1.jpg

Debra Lynn Kidwell went missing 4 May 1979, along with her two twin sons Jackson and Joshua.

LINK:

Debra was last seen on May 4, 1979 in Ventura, California. She has never been heard from again. At the time of her disappearance, she was accompanied by her three-year-old twin sons, Jackson and Joshua. The twins are missing along with their mother.

Debra and her sons were reported missing by her husband, John Needham Kidwell. He was considered a suspect at the time and it's unclear whether police ever cleared him. He died in 2008. Debra's family is still looking for her and the twins, however. Their cases remain unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Ventura County Sheriff's Department 805-654-2324

Source Information​

Jackson Kidwell, age 3​

kidwell_jackson.jpg

LINK:

Joshua Kidwell, age 3​

kidwell_joshua.jpg

LINK:

Hi! I know I am late to the discussion, just found the podcast! Just wondering if there have been updates since the podcast aired? Any DNA hits? Did the Rocco's ever reach out? I saw that Frank has passed away but hoping he reached out after the podcast. It seems like on the podcast they were unsure if Debra maybe worked at a restaurant owned by the Rocco's. I did find on a Facebook post that they owned Rocco's Pizzaria (or Rocco's in the Canyon) in Topanga, CA and sold it to new owners around 2005. I feel that the diary references to "went to Rocco's" was in reference to the restaurant. So she did talk about work in a sense. I hope someday this mystery is solved.
Hi, the podcast episodes on Debra Lynn have been moved to a new podcast called Last Known Location (it wasn't being heard by true-true crime listeners on a podcast about hauntings or history, so we made the determination to move all the cold cases to the new podcast) we will be having new episodes about what's happened and changed over the last several years and a update coming soon........

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back