Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
City of Houston on Twitter
Honoring Maleah Davis: City hall is pink tonight, Maleah’s favorite color. A small crowd has gathered to continue grieving and praying for the 4-year-old, whose disappearance and murder captured the heart of the community. Mayor Turner proclaimed June 9 “Maleah Davis Day”
D8qhYikX4Ag2Fht.jpg
D8qhYiZXoAEU14Z.jpg
D8qhYimWwAEj-0P.jpg
D8qhYiZX4AAuHfM.jpg

8:48 PM - 9 Jun 2019 from Houston City Hall

Last edited:
I'm not qualified to say what charge would be applicable if someone caused death without intent. But I'm sure there is no excuse of "in the heat of passion" when causing a child's death.
I agree. In this case it appears to be semantics with the keyword being intent. If they can show intent it would be murder. If not...manslaughter. In Texas there is no voluntary manslaughter or involuntary manslaughter. That's how I interpret the law. I'm no attorney just reading info on Google. Maybe a criminal atty. can help out.

FOX26Houston on Twitter
PINK IS FOR MALEAH: Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo and Brenda Bowens, grandmother of Maleah Davis, are back at city hall posing in front of the pink lights in honor of little Maleah. MORE: https://bit.ly/2XA9d4F Credit: @ArtAcevedo
D8qhG3VUIAAb9QB.jpg

8:47 PM - 9 Jun 2019

Pink is for Maleah: Chief Art Acevedo poses with Maleah Davis' grandmother in front of city hall
Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo and Brenda Bowens, grandmother of Maleah Davis, are back at city hall posing in front of the pink lights in honor of little Maleah.

Chief Acevedo says they are there with friends and family celebrating the little girl’s life and memory.

[...]
Ok this picture seems so strange to me. BB2 has been so quiet but it appears she has a good relationship with LE. Did I miss something? The family dynamics and what one would expect from Mom and Grandma and other family had been pretty contrary to what has been seen. Is the overall perception now that everyone is cooperative but BB and DV? JMO

I'm not qualified to say what charge would be applicable if someone caused death without intent. But I'm sure there is no excuse of "in the heat of passion" when causing a child's death.
You are right. I just looked it up and there is no "manslaughter" charge in Texas. It's just called "murder."
So murder one would be similar to manslaughter.
It is when someone recklessly causes the death of another person.
There is no requirement for premeditation, intent, or knowledge.
The sentence is 2-20 years.
Child Homicide, however, may be a harsher sentence, as well as the death of an elderly or disabled person. Imo

Ok this picture seems so strange to me. BB2 has been so quiet but it appears she has a good relationship with LE. Did I miss something? The family dynamics and what one would expect from Mom and Grandma and other family had been pretty contrary to what has been seen. Is the overall perception now that everyone is cooperative but BB and DV? JMO
We know BB and BB2 are not talking, and that the kids had been placed with BB2 when removed by CPS. It wouldn't surprise me if BB2 is cooperating with LE, as she seemed to actually care about the children.

Add the mistress as another person not cooperating to your list, though ;)

I need some clarification.
Is the video where Maleah is walking a distance behind DV the same date that the video of him leaving with the laundry basket and bleach is filmed?
No, that video was three days earlier that Maleah was last seen. That was Tuesday and DV was seen carrying her body out and the bottles of bleach on Friday.

Last edited:
Seems strange to me too because it doesn't look like any of the pictures I've seen of her.

Yes, I think so. BB 2 has apparently not spoken to her daughter since the first appearance of QX.
I hope that means she has been talking to LE because I bet she knows a lot about what went on when they lived with her. That was when BB was injured. Also BB2 asked the judge not to return the children to the home.

But there are others who have not cooperated either, like some members of DV's family, according to LE. Imo

I don't think that necessarily means they don't know who so much as it means they are awaiting the evidence and reviewing the totality of it to see if they have enough for capital murder, 1st degree murder, negligent homicide, etc. depending on what Texas charges allows and based on what evidence. This child's body was just "found". They may very well have the "whodunit" part figured out but not yet know if there is enough to prove to a jury the "howdunit" and as they have stated, intent.

Again, I don't know Texas law but he even transported her body over state lines allegedly by his very own admission to QX. No expert but can that bring in federal charges? I feel it certainly can bring in added charges?

The reason murder has not been charged can be due to many things. How about an autopsy on a body that has deteriorated and was hit by a mower? And for that matter, time for the autopsy? A standard autopsy can be fairly quick but an in depth brain autopsy can take months, by an expert, but I guess that turnaround may vary by states and resources.

All jmo.

Moo there was no brain to autopsy. I think Travis Alexander and the liquification that happened just within a few days.

FOX26Houston on Twitter
PINK IS FOR MALEAH: Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo and Brenda Bowens, grandmother of Maleah Davis, are back at city hall posing in front of the pink lights in honor of little Maleah. MORE: https://bit.ly/2XA9d4F Credit: @ArtAcevedo
D8qhG3VUIAAb9QB.jpg

8:47 PM - 9 Jun 2019

Pink is for Maleah: Chief Art Acevedo poses with Maleah Davis' grandmother in front of city hall
Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo and Brenda Bowens, grandmother of Maleah Davis, are back at city hall posing in front of the pink lights in honor of little Maleah.

Chief Acevedo says they are there with friends and family celebrating the little girl’s life and memory.

[...]
Whoa. I'm glad she showed up, if only because in my imagination/speculation she really did love Maleah.

We know BB and BB2 are not talking, and that the kids had been placed with BB2 when removed by CPS. It wouldn't surprise me if BB2 is cooperating with LE, as she seemed to actually care about the children.

Oh yea...almost forgot her, LOL!! Man a lot happened there in a few days. So DV, BB and MSDV2 Not interested in helping police. Both MD mom and DVs chic refusing to say something bad about the dude. Side chic writing him letters every day. Baby girl found where he said she would be. Mind blown.

I can only speak for myself, but I'd add the mistress and DV's brother to list of those who are less than cooperative. MOO

AFAIK, the kids were not placed with BB2 when they were removed, but with DV's mom.

However, I agree she has behaved at several points like she cares about the children, IMO - the family was living with her in July/August and she pushed BB to take Maleah to the hospital after she first had symptoms of the head injury, and she filed a motion indicating she did not want the children to be returned to BB in February.

AFAIK, the kids were not placed with BB2 when they were removed, but with DV's mom.

However, I agree she has behaved at several points like she cares about the children, IMO - the family was living with her in July/August and she pushed BB to take Maleah to the hospital after she first had symptoms of the head injury, and she filed a motion indicating she did not want the children to be returned to BB in February.
Oops - for some reason I thought they were with BB2.

Thank you PM. And Tuesday is when BB left town right? And Friday is when she was returning? And the empty laundry basket was in the Altima when it was found the next week? Hmmm!!
Yes, she left on Tues and was supposed to arrive back Friday about 10 p.m. however, her flight was delayed and she actually arrived about midnight. So technically, she returned Saturday morning, May 4. She called BB2 about 12:50 a.m. to pick her up. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaye 502