Identified! AZ - Coconino Co, 'Valentine Sally' WhtFem 585UFAZ, 14-19, along I-40, Feb'82 -Carolyn Celeste Eaton

I think this very plausible - and unsettling why are so few people looking for this UID?
I find it odd that they never interviewed or did a lie detector test on the student,also whos to say they were in a truck?

I was able to find these 4 news articles concerning Valentine Sally, but they are all from another forum and I was unable to directly source them. I'm assuming the last article listed here was run on an anniversary of her discovery but someone listed it as being run on February 4, 1982 (it must have been run in 1988 or later, as it references events from 1987).

This is the first I've ever heard of her traveling with two truck drivers instead of one. Wouldn't the cab have been too crowded?

I also assumed the sketch was based on an interview with the waitress, but it sounds as it was completed first and then the waitress came forward.
This is quit interesting first says the body was found by a highway patrol man helping a stranded motorist?? Then other articles say the patrol man stumbled upon the body while looking for a blown tire? Why would a patrolman be looking for a blown out tire?

This is quit interesting first says the body was found by a highway patrol man helping a stranded motorist?? Then other articles say the patrol man stumbled upon the body while looking for a blown tire? Why would a patrolman be looking for a blown out tire?

Because it came off the motorist's car.

Has anyone considered her as maybe a missing person who had been taken when they were a lot younger? I hate to wildly speculate but perhaps she was taken as a child/toddler and raised by someone she was trying to run away from (either knowing or maybe not even knowing they had kidnapped her, maybe just wanting to leave what she thought was her family) or rode with (i.e. the mysterious trucker)...Might be worth thinking about

Has anyone considered her as maybe a missing person who had been taken when they were a lot younger? I hate to wildly speculate but perhaps she was taken as a child/toddler and raised by someone she was trying to run away from (either knowing or maybe not even knowing they had kidnapped her, maybe just wanting to leave what she thought was her family) or rode with (i.e. the mysterious trucker)...Might be worth thinking about

It's certainly possible - when I'm investigating unknown decedents I always go way back just to make sure. But, in general, most people who are abducted are killed within an hour after they've been taken.

Angela Delawder
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Not sure if she has Been ruled out.
Angela was lka with her mother, boyfriend and mothers boyfriend. All 4 are still missing.

Valentine sally was reportedly seen with 2 men before she died, one was older

Angela's Charley page has a lot more information: Angela Joann DeLawder – The Charley Project

I think she's been mentioned a time or two but never really followed up on due to the drug/gang connection. But if they disappeared to avoid being killed for what they knew, it could be possible.

The physical resemblance is very strong.

Attachments

• valentine sally with Angela Delawder.png
    valentine sally with Angela Delawder.png
    248.2 KB · Views: 25
21069_115673.jpg extremely close resemblance, especially the eyes.
I think le need to check this one
I'll check later for an email address. I'm in the UK so I can't call it in

Where did you see that she was seen in Flagstaff?

AFAIK, the only mention of Flagstaff is Det. Jones' comments to me that they were heading towards Flagstaff, and that they detained a person of interest in Flagstaff that turned out not to be the perp.
Theres a article of a man who says he picked her up at cordes junction and gave her a ride...he says she was hitch hiking from phoenix to flagstaff in flagstaff he says that she said she was going to hitch a ride from a trucker going back east. I find that interesting.. Never says where he dropped her off at which is curios. he said in the article she was wearing designer jeans. Cordes junction is close to flagstaff than Ash fork

Ive submitted Tammy Surdam...a long time ago still no results..on namus the most recent 5 exclusions were from me..I want to know who the college kid that picked her up is...
Angela's Charley page has a lot more information: Angela Joann DeLawder – The Charley Project

I think she's been mentioned a time or two but never really followed up on due to the drug/gang connection. But if they disappeared to avoid being killed for what they knew, it could be possible.

The physical resemblance is very strong.
Wasnt she missing from florida or something a boating accident all of them are missing

Because it came off the motorist's car.
Right my point exactly..why look for a tire thats blown out..its not like they could use it or fix it..strange..and just happened upon the body? Im having a hard time with this.

Ive submitted Tammy Surdam...a long time ago still no results..on namus the most recent 5 exclusions were from me..I want to know who the college kid that picked her up is...

Wasnt she missing from florida or something a boating accident all of them are missing

No, it looks like they all went on the run, vs was last seen with 2 men, Angela dissapeared with 2 men (and a woman).

Cordes Junction to Flagstaff according to Google Maps is 1 hour 21 minutes. I’m amazed that during that amount of time when Sally was in the car with the college student that drove her north that her name wasn’t mentioned. Either she never gave it or he never asked, or he didn’t remember it when questioned about it later.

Shades of the Arkansas John Doe that drowned in the car accident, I suppose. Amazing to think that two Doe cases could have been solved had one of them or their drivers would have made a simple introduction!

Why aren't we looking at Royal Russell Long?

He looks like the guy with the feathered hat!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back