Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leticia Juarez (@ABC7Leticia) | Twitter

D8tkuuyUcAA5HLs.jpg

As I said, I haven't watched ALL the video testimonies of the trial. However, in the summing up for the Prosecution she used placards one of which (a blue one, said, "Assumptions Made:) and she discarded each assumption with a "doesn't make sense" And I agreed with her based on what I recalled of the case years ago and little I could keep up with. I always said, it wasn't the family, nor Dan K. it was CHASE MERRITT who killed that family in a very devious manner. They didn't go to Mexico over that few days period either. But he did a heck of a job for a cover up, (remember guys, he had plenty of past experience as felon)...
One of these assumptions (as she described them), was the 8:30 Phone Call which I charted back then, and believed he (Chase Merritt) was covering up with that call to himself from Joey's phone and the g.f. covered for Chase saying "oh, he was home watching movies and didn't answer the phone but we could hear it was Joey"..........Why did the prosecutor call that an "assumption" ? She said it was not on Chase's phone, but wasn't it on Joey's cell? I recall that phone number was Chase M.
He also had the benefit of time, something that allowed him the ability to muddy the waters here.

This would all look very different, had law enforcement been aware of exactly what they were dealing with at the time.

I’m just thrilled the jury was still able to reach a verdict, because that was what I worried about all along.

A hung jury would mean another trial, and likely a much longer wait until justice.

I feel very good about what the jury is about to say.

Guilty.

has anyone found any live coverage yet?

HLN seems to mbe ignoring it so far.
Land C is still blank for me too

IMO, there is more than reasonable doubt. I hate that emotions may put the wrong man on death row. The McStays deserve justice, not a rush to judge.

has anyone found any live coverage yet?

HLN seems to mbe ignoring it so far.
Land C is still blank for me too
I can’t imagine that HLN will not go to it during their next hour.

“On the Story” and “True Crime Live” are scheduled for the next two hours.

I’d be worried if they had one of their syndicated shows scheduled.

There are completed fountains all over the place. This was a successful functioning fountain business. Those old rumours of it not being a front business were proven to be unfounded.

Hello,

Yes, some fountains ... but not what it was made out to be, IMO. Fountains are a "luxury item" ... and this was a business that was supposed to be "booming" during a downturn in the economy? I don't think so ... But ... there were "other" types of businesses booming during that downturn time ... but it wasn't fountains.

MOO and MOO !

Reactions: byo
No matter what the verdict is it stands.

However if its NG this will end my trial following.

No longer will I follow another case that ends in such an injustice.

If it is NG I will never agree with it, and that's the great thing about being an American where we can express any opinion about any verdict.

Praying for the families!

How long do we think it will actually take them to start? my bet is another half hour....

Love how all of these "journalists" show up for the verdict... where have they been all these months? pfffft :rolleyes:

It’s a business, and covering a long trial doesn’t really generate much revenue.

Everyone is paying attention now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member