OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox19 is showing empty courtroom status now.

Sound is on, lawyers entering court room

GW4 just entered

Manley and Rhoden families there, including Ms Geneva, Tony and Len Manley

Special Agent Ryan Scheiber (sp?) also on prosecution side today. Is he the one GW4 threatened in the meeting?

Motions granted for funds for mitigation and investigation experts.
Motion granted for civilian clothing

Discovery motion - One installment left to be provided on discovery, in spite of June 1 deadline

Still no bill of particulars

Discussion of DNA - whether to pursue that motion uncertain

AC says they got a hard drive this morning, but need a second one, lots of data 2 terabytes. Will have by Friday

DNA - last time discussed there was no DNA

Defense lawyers - will provide an additional hard drive. Won't withdraw DNA motion until after they finish review of discovery evidence, just in case.

At this time, Judge wants to set a cut off time for motions for discovery

Defense says once discovery is complete, they're willing to set a 30 day deadline to complete all motions. Want to finish reviewing this tranche of discovery

AC: Will have to defense probably by Friday. July 24 pre-trial hearing might also be a good cutoff date for end of substantive pre-trial motions.

Judge: Are we setting a trial date today?

AC: Wait until after expiry of pre-trial motions. Late pre-trial motions may necessitate a delay in setting trial date

Junk?: Speedy trial waiver expires July 31. Would like the state to set a trial date around early Sept.

Defense: Will take at least 2 weeks to get jurors.

Something about having a trial date before they leave today

AC asks for the record to show defendant is appearing in civvies

Adjourned

Transcribed by me from audio only

Last edited:
Sounds like they still plan to have GW3's trial in Pike County. I don't see how they can have all 6 of the trials in Pike County and still be able to recruit a qualified unbiased jury for each trial in a county with such a small population. JMO

Good work, Betty P and Mitten S for posting GW4 pre-trial today! My hearing isn't real good, so Betty's transcript helped me to know what was being said. Thanks to both of you.

No problem! Happy to help!

Stay tuned. Jake Wagner's hearing comes up at 2:00 pm today, but probably will start late.

ETA: Correction from 2:30 to 2:00 pm. My typo

See Niner's post above in the thread for more details.

So George Wagner the 4th is wanting a speedy trial, this could be good or bad for him, just depends on how good state gets all evidence turned over to the defense and Fredricka is not out of trouble so she might not be able to buy or work the median . JMO

But, on their alleged income?
I’m not sure income really matter though when someone is trying to hide their actions. People who don’t want purchases traced wouldn’t use their own debit and charge cards. Unless they’re downright stupid. Cash can’t be traced and the right prepay credit card is difficult to trace.

So George Wagner the 4th is wanting a speedy trial, this could be good or bad for him, just depends on how good state gets all evidence turned over to the defense and Fredricka is not out of trouble so she might not be able to buy or work the median . JMO

He looks miserable, in my opinion, at his hearings. I wouldn't doubt that he just wants to get it over with and be done.

Just have to wonder, how likely it is they would actually see each other. I have to wonder if the court date was manipulated for them both to be in the court house on the same day, I realize 4 hours apart, but there could be overlapping of time at the court house

They ought to make it seem like they "coincidently" run into each other and then record what they say to each other! Imagine that conversation!

They were arrested together at a traffic stop, so can you imagine what they would have been recorded saying in the back of a police car if put together. I hope we hear from the witness or get to listen/read the wiretaps of the "multiple revenge conversations."

Sound is on, lawyers entering court room

GW4 just entered

Manley and Rhoden families there, including Ms Geneva, Tony and Len Manley

Special Agent Ryan Scheiber (sp?) also on prosecution side today. Is he the one GW4 threatened in the meeting?

Motions granted for funds for mitigation and investigation experts.
Motion granted for civilian clothing

Discovery motion - One installment left to be provided on discovery, in spite of June 1 deadline

Still no bill of particulars

Discussion of DNA - whether to pursue that motion uncertain

AC says they got a hard drive this morning, but need a second one, lots of data 2 terabytes. Will have by Friday

DNA - last time discussed there was no DNA

Defense lawyers - will provide an additional hard drive. Won't withdraw DNA motion until after they finish review of discovery evidence, just in case.

At this time, Judge wants to set a cut off time for motions for discovery

Defense says once discovery is complete, they're willing to set a 30 day deadline to complete all motions. Want to finish reviewing this tranche of discovery

AC: Will have to defense probably by Friday. July 24 pre-trial hearing might also be a good cutoff date for end of substantive pre-trial motions.

Judge: Are we setting a trial date today?

AC: Wait until after expiry of pre-trial motions. Late pre-trial motions may necessitate a delay in setting trial date

Junk?: Speedy trial waiver expires July 31. Would like the state to set a trial date around early Sept.

Defense: Will take at least 2 weeks to get jurors.

Something about having a trial date before they leave today

AC asks for the record to show defendant is appearing in civvies

Adjourned

Transcribed by me from audio only

Yes, Special Agent with the Ohio Attorney General's Office, Ryan Scheiderer,
is the one the Wagner's threatened.

Nice synopsis for those of us who missed it and didn't have time to watch etc.....I read your re-cap before even watching it.....Speedy trial? That's huge in this type of case, huge. He really hates jail!....:eek:......Or it's a clever defense strategy....o_O

Last edited:
They ought to make it seem like they "coincidently" run into each other and then record what they say to each other! Imagine that conversation!

They were arrested together at a traffic stop, so can you imagine what they would have been recorded saying in the back of a police car if put together. I hope we hear from the witness or get to listen/read the wiretaps of the "multiple revenge conversations."
IMO it is very likely they will let them run into to each other and let them talk for 5 minutes, guards can make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie