Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes !!!!!!
Well done to the jury ! It doesnt bring the family back but the prosecution did an amazing job of exposing what happened to them, their story and who ended it .
Chase Merrit guilty on all charges.
To Joey , Summer and the boys families and friends. Ye got him ! Its now time to remember the good times . Ignore that piece of dirt . Nows the time to heal and make peace. Their lives were soooooo much more then this crime *advertiser censored*

DT was slow to respond when asked. IMO, they are reaching to fill up two days. My guess? CJ, his daughter , maybe his present GF, and his sister. Too bad his best friend Joseph can't be there.
What do you guys think?

I don't think the convicted quadruple murderer will have very many people lining up to say what a swell guy he is. MOO.

What will the prosecution introduce in its share of the penalty phase? All the evidence of the crimes that CM has been convicted of, I’m sure. What about any he was ‘merely’ arrested for? I’m assuming the prosecution can show all the pictures it wants, now—the ones that the defense fought to keep out,

I thought someone was already convicted of their murders...I remember when their remains were found...I'm glad the family & friends finally received justice...

So was it the business associate/ partner that killed them??

The business associate was finally convicted of their murders today, more than nine years later.

I'm glad this case made national news back in 2010. Inmates from San Diego / Fallbrook / Inland Empire will want to have a chat with CM, if he gets LWOP. I don't see LWOP with the Special Circumstance conviction with this jury. He might have had a shot if he wasn't ALSO convicted of the SC.

There is no telling who (inmates) CM also pissed off during his time in jail. Inmates usually don't forget people who cross them in jail and later catch up with them in prison. I've seen this happen before.

Plus, being a baby killer and all. CM will ALWAYS have to look over his shoulder, from this day forward, which he deserves, IMO.

It took her a long time, but Lady Justice finally came to the McStays.

God bless them. God bless the jury.
Adding to my own post, a heartfelt thank-you, from all of us I'm sure, to the biker who reported finding the remains. He was riding in an area where he shouldn't have been, and could easily have said to himself, let sleeping dogs lie, and left without saying a word. But he didn't. He did the right thing. Otherwise, the family might never have been found.

I love that man.

I’m curious as to how the prosecution will address the DP. No doubt the jury will be instructed to ignore the fact that the sitting governor will not enforce it because a future governor may see it differently. I just have to think the current reality will be a bit hard to put aside. It may lead them toward LWOP out of practicality for what they think will be enforced.

The whole situation makes for a very strange dichotomy between what the judicial system allows and what the political system will carry out.

Jmo.

I don't think the convicted quadruple murderer will have very many people lining up to say what a swell guy he is. MOO.

Hello,

While CM may not be a "swell guy" or a "choir boy," that does not make him a murderer.

I know, ... he's now a "convicted murderer" ... but IMO, this jury got it all wrong.

JMO and MOO

I think McGee kept a brave face for the documentary camera. :rolleyes:

It looks to me like Maline became emotionally invested in his client & the family. Taylor worked in their office . Catherine spent 8 hours w/him in one day ! He cared about THEM.
McGee seems more like , it’s another job , another chess game with my counterparts , the Prosecution. I’m competetive and will do anything to win.
The client is a pawn in the game.
JMO, of course.

I'm glad this case made national news back in 2010. Inmates from San Diego / Fallbrook / Inland Empire will want to have a chat with CM, if he gets LWOP. I don't see LWOP with the Special Circumstance conviction with this jury. He might have had a shot if he wasn't ALSO convicted of the SC.

There is no telling who (inmates) CM also pissed off during his time in jail. Inmates usually don't forget people who cross them in jail and later catch up with them in prison. I've seen this happen before.

Plus, being a baby killer and all. CM will ALWAYS have to look over his shoulder, from this day forward, which he deserves, IMO.
What a great point !

Edmo, what are the differences in daily life between LWOP and death row?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla