Closing Arguments- Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe so, Miss James, but to me it is fleeting. They would much rather have them alive, whole and well.

Of course they would but that isn’t going to happen . I know that , too well.
Barring that , knowing the person who bashed in the heads of those precious boys ,who killed all four of them , is not getting away with it ?
THEY may not be feeling great joy, but they are not feeling the double horror of the killer getting away with it .
When a loved one dies we grieve . When the circumstances are other than natural it can be called COMPLICATED GRIEF. The more horrific the circumstances , the more complicated it becomes to get through the stages of grief ( which never completely goes away , btw).
It doesn’t get much more horrific than what happened to this family .
If the killer was allowed to get off , that complicated grief is compounded.

So yes, I take great joy knowing that did not happen to this family . If nothing else , joy can be found in that fact.
JMHO

Yes but that can’t happen so this the best they can get. The murder is now in jail for years to come, you can’t change the past so this will give them some closure at long last.
Have never liked the word closure. There is no closure, IMO. I don't know who coined the word but it is trite, IMO. We were talking about feeling joy with the verdict
Of course they would but that isn’t going to happen . I know that , too well.
Barring that , knowing the person who bashed in the heads of those precious boys ,who killed all four of them , is not getting away with it ?
THEY may not be feeling great joy, but they are not feeling the double horror of the killer getting away with it .
When a loved one dies we grieve . When the circumstances are other than natural it can be called COMPLICATED GRIEF. The more horrific the circumstances , the more complicated it becomes to get through the stages of grief ( which never completely goes away , btw).
It doesn’t get much more horrific than what happened to this family .
If the killer was allowed to get off , that complicated grief is compounded.

So yes, I take great joy knowing that did not happen to this family . If nothing else , joy can be found in that fact.
JMHO
I understand.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Who wants to bet that Merritt is greatly regretting not defending himself as he originally planned?

And who wants to bet he gets up on that stand to profess his love for the McStays during the sentencing phase?

In the Jodi Arias Trial, she got up and spoke during her Penalty Phase. She was like a joke though---listing her good points---she actually brought out a t-shirt she designed, against Domestic Violence, and promising to sell them online, to earn donations to a DV charity in her name.

It was pathetic.

Last edited:
In the Jodi Arias Trial, she got up and spoke during her Penalty Phase. She was like a joke though---listing her good points---she actually brought out a t-shirt she designed, against Domestic Violence, and promising to see them online, to earn donations to a DV charity in her name.

It was pathetic.

it was chilling and sickening, people beware of the charming sociopath...they will murder you and make a t-shirt out of it. Jodi Arias absolutely blew my mind, she is s sick, sick girl.

Chase Merrit is eating his reality sandwich today.

he won't live five minutes in general pop. mOO

They didn't check his case out until 2005, long after his 1st trial in 1985.

No, not for the 1st trial/exoneration (which was not for murder), but I think Bennettfit is saying is that any documentary will be similar to MaM in that they started filming after he was arrested, it follows all through the trial, and not sure how long they will stick with it but will show some of the aftermath I'm assuming. Basically, the MaM template. JMO If it's any good at all, I will be surprised if Netflix doesn't pick it up only because they seem to like these sorts of documentaries lately. If it's not any good, maybe it will never see the light of day. Also, JMO.

No, not for the 1st trial/exoneration (which was not for murder), but I think Bennettfit is saying is that any documentary will be similar to MaM in that they started filming after he was arrested, it follows all through the trial, and not sure how long they will stick with it but will show some of the aftermath I'm assuming. Basically, the MaM template. JMO If it's any good at all, I will be surprised if Netflix doesn't pick it up only because they seem to like these sorts of documentaries lately. If it's not any good, maybe it will never see the light of day. Also, JMO.

We can ONLY pray it won't be 1 sided like MaM. The ACTUAL murder court transcripts are online for all to see the TRUTH about SA and BD. You do know SA raped his niece after being released the 1st time? SA did not deserve to serve his 1st sentence, I agree. But, prison changes people and they do NOT come out the same.

What a crock..."injustice"....their client is "innocent"...there's still 3 DNA profiles that they aren't allowed to send to Codis...The defense just continues to anger me. They're so full of BS.

edited to add...why are they allowed to even speak to the media before the penalty phase has been completed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member