Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of somewhat relevant curiosity, what do the intensive in-home reunification services look like?
I know you were not replying to me but I can tell you that the services provided include:

-regular and frequent visits by caseworker

- individual and family therapy

- substance abuse treatment

- parent education

- help with childcare, transportation, and budgeting

- job training

Some of these services can even be provided in the home. There is an excellent program called MST (Multisystemic Therapy), for families with older children with behavior problems, where the therapist spends several hours a week providing intensive family therapy in the home.
It is convenient for the family because they don't have to go anywhere or pay for it themselves. The purpose is to keep the child in the home.

I think the OP was suggesting that there should have been much more provided to BB than there appeared to be.

They should have visited at least once a week and could have provided counseling services.

A lack of funding and case overload are frequent problems. Imo

Last edited:
I have had reservations about how this comment by BB2 was taken as fact here before and I commented as such.

I don’t necessarily believe she bb2 lied, but I do think she was referencing seeing B.B. NOT MALEAH on that laundry day. I think it was a weird response from her as well. No smile of a fond memory at all. I do wonder what her answer would be to that today.
It was probably too hard to smile as she was worried and having trouble composing herself. She did say that she had promised Maleah that she would take her to the beach, and spoke directly to her, saying she still wanted to take her there one day. She broke down in tears as she said this. I think the emotion was genuine.
I also believe she wanted to say more but did not want to speculate, especially on national tv with Maleah missing and an active investigation. Imo

Thank you for this information. So it is 8 weeks. I thought it was 6 or 8, I could not recall.

It was BB I think who said they had visited 2 or 3 times. If that is true, there was no required weekly visit in those first 8 weeks.

I wonder what their living situation was. We know they were with BB2 prior to this apartment, at least for some length of time or so it seems. That is all I think we know, that I am aware of anyhow.
Also, weekly visits are just the minimal requirement. During these visits they usually sit down with both the parent and the child to get a sense of how they are doing.
If they sense there is something wrong, or even if the parent has missed a parenting class or appears to be depressed or anything at all that the caseworker is concerned about, they can come back the next day to check in as well. Imo

Just out of somewhat relevant curiosity, what do the intensive in-home reunification services look like?
Average 15-20 hours per week, and depending on the age of the children, seeing them every 24-72 hours (max days without laying eyes on kids is 3). Working towards goals, community resources and supports, and facilitating a safe transition home for the kids & parenting support for the parents.

I know you were not replying to me but I can tell you that the services provided include:

-regular and frequent visits by caseworker

- individual and family therapy

- substance abuse treatment

- parent education

- help with childcare, transportation, and budgeting

- job training

Some of these services can even be provided in the home. There is an excellent program called MST (Multisystemic Therapy), for families with older children with behavior problems, where the therapist spends several hours a week providing intensive family therapy in the home.
It is convenient for the family because they don't have to go anywhere or pay for it themselves. The purpose is to keep the child in the home.

I think the OP was suggesting that there should have been much more provided to BB than there appeared to be.

They should have visited at least once a week and could have provided counseling services.

A lack of funding and case overload are frequent problems. Imo
Thank you!

Average 15-20 hours per week, and depending on the age of the children, seeing them every 24-72 hours (max days without laying eyes on kids is 3). Working towards goals, community resources and supports, and facilitating a safe transition home for the kids & parenting support for the parents.
Thank you!
Wow, that seems like it could be a very helpful process. I wonder if even a small percentage of that happened in this case.

Thank you!
Wow, that seems like it could be a very helpful process. I wonder if even a small percentage of that happened in this case.
Definitely not.
The courts reportedly required BB to take a parenting class and the supervision was to occur at least once a week. Those were the only services that were listed as being provided, from what we have seen on the documents. I doubt there was anything else.

BB reportedly completed the parenting classes. The case worker, according to BB, only showed up about three times. The visits were supposed to be weekly.
So in the first two months there should have been at least eight visits.

But in my opinion the problem was not so much the lack of services provided, but the determination by the caseworker that the abuse could not be proven and the return of the children to the home.

They had enough evidence of abuse, otherwise they would have never opened a case. If they really believed the allegations were unfounded CPS would not have opened the case in the first place, let alone remove the children from the home and order the parents to take a parenting class.

So CPS and the judge are responsible for returning a child back to a dangerous situation and can be held accountable for anything that happens as a result. Imo

LE will not get on camera and share evidence with the public. IMO they no alot more than the speculation that's out here. In fact there hasn't been any indictment. DV may face more charges once the investigators give the case to the district attorney. It also maybe others that get charged. IMO
I agree. There's no statute of limitations on murder so LE has time to gather evidence and the DA then has to present the case to the Grand Jury for an indictment. But I think we'll see charges soon.

I'm not really confident about others being charged; maybe the brother but BB... I don't know. It seems like a lot of mothers in these cases escape charges of negligence or abuse and maybe for good reasons sometimes. For example, Wesley Mathews' attorneys are arguing that it's not possible to prove who caused Sherin's injuries and on top of that the DA decided they didn't have enough evidence to proceed with the charges against Sini so they want to drop them.

What will happen in Maleah's case is anybody's guess right now but IMO LE will do their best to hand the DA a solid case.

I am so relieved that DV has not bonded out. I also hope he doesn't and it appears no one is going to help him do so.

I do hope however, LE is prepared to add another charge the minute that happens if it does occur before he even gets out the department door and gets no more than glimpse of outside.

Murder I know will probably wait for autopsy results but there must be others like obstruction of justice, some federal charge for crossing state line's with the body? A lower murder charge that can be upgraded later?

Maybe I missed this one??? Some info I don’t recall seeing previously.
Heartbreaking

Little Maleah's case captures city’s attention as search draws to an end

Snipped...
...And evidence about the family continues to emerge in an ongoing custody dispute over the children.

Last Wednesday in the windowless courtroom, Associate Judge Ryan Salfiti focused on the two children left behind.

The boys had marked birthdays the week before in the care of other relatives — the youngest, who was with Vence's mother, turned 2 on May 19, while the older boy, who just finished first grade, turned 6 on May 21. He is living with his Davis' sister, who sleeps on her sofa so he can have the bedroom.

Davis, who has his son's first name tattooed on one arm and Bowens' name on another, wants custody of his son. Before custody is determined, however, the boy will see a therapist, the judge ordered.

The 6-year-old had seen his sister on the news, Davis said, but didn't know what was happening.

"There goes my sister," he said.

The boy had a nightmare recently in his aunt's home — sitting up repeatedly, with his eyes closed, shaking his head.

"No," he screamed. "No."

Little Maleah's case captures city’s attention as search draws to an end
OMG. WTF IS the same judge that sent Maleah back still presiding over placement of the remaining children? Seriously. WHY????????????

Just to clarify, she flew into Bradley airport in CT. Abbreviation is BDL. it's may be a 20 minute ride from there to Springfield, MA where the burial was.

Also, someone asked earlier how far this case has reached... Since alot of the questions revolve around her trip to MA, I can tell u that it has definitely reached many many people in Northern CT and Western MA, myself included.
Washington State.

I agree. There's no statute of limitations on murder so LE has time to gather evidence and the DA then has to present the case to the Grand Jury for an indictment. But I think we'll see charges soon.

I'm not really confident about others being charged; maybe the brother but BB... I don't know. It seems like a lot of mothers in these cases escape charges of negligence or abuse and maybe for good reasons sometimes. For example, Wesley Mathews' attorneys are arguing that it's not possible to prove who caused Sherin's injuries and on top of that the DA decided they didn't have enough evidence to proceed with the charges against Sini so they want to drop them.

What will happen in Maleah's case is anybody's guess right now but IMO LE will do their best to hand the DA a solid case.
Yes, I think LE is taking the time to gather all the evidence they can to determine the charges.
I've looked up the four different murder charges and the criteria for all and it's still confusing to me, but I can see why they would need more evidence, especially cause of death.

Even if it turns out to be death by child abuse, they may have a hard time proving BB knew about it, especially since CPS found no evidence of physical abuse. That's the best defense she has against child endangerment charges.

It's also the best defense CPS and the judge have in terms of being held responsible.

Unfortunately it's not helping to ensure that Maleah and her family get the justice they deserve.
Imo

Yes, I think LE is taking the time to gather all the evidence they can to determine the charges.
I've looked up the four different murder charges and the criteria for all and it's still confusing to me, but I can see why they would need more evidence, especially cause of death.

Even if it turns out to be death by child abuse, they may have a hard time proving BB knew about it, especially since CPS found no evidence of physical abuse. That's the best defense she has against child endangerment charges.

It's also the best defense CPS and the judge have in terms of being held responsible.

Unfortunately it's not helping to ensure that Maleah and her family get the justice they deserve.
Imo

He had better be charged with some form of murder. Maleah deserves some justice, at least once. What has been done to her and then even to her body demand it.

I hope they have more from the home as well than we know of for sure. I doubt he was any great clean-up man. He likely looked up how to clean. Someone told me Texas has some awesome research and forensic facilities. The brother probably knows plenty, even if not witness to the actual event. BB's phone and his contact and alleged texts should assist. And we have seen enough video to know there is probably video from every day every time he or a child or her or a visitor entered or exited that apartment, when and if Maleah did, and the parking lot as well. They put a poster out asking for anyone who sold him a gas can and that has not seemed to be pushed since so I am thinking they may have had a response.

I am just, I guess reassuring myself, that there is plenty they do have that we know of.

Jmo.

Obituary for MALEAH LYNN DAVIS at Richardson Mortuary :(
She touched the lives of many; our shining, beautiful little girl, the light of our lives and the star of our hearts who leaves us smiling through our tears. She was happiness personified.

Born February 6th, 2015, Maleah was the adored daughter of Craig Davis Jr. and Brittany Bowens. She was the middle of three children and dearly loved her brothers, P and K.

With her huge smile, loving spirit and infectious personality, Maleah would instantly capture the hearts of those who knew her. Maleah’s soul was nurturing and opened the door for making new friends easily. Her love for music was undeniable. Maleah would often sing catchy lyrics of songs like Baby Shark while twirling around in her pink tutu. Singing brought Maleah joy and she was known to be in her happy place moving to music.

[...]

A private funeral service will be held on June 22, 2019.

g10001.gif
g10001.gif
g10001.gif
g10001.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors