Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #6 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, FD will flee the country without his children, given the chance. Pretty difficult task to get the kids out, especially if they are unwilling- which they will be after being warned about the possibility.

With FD’s personality type, he cares only about himself at the end of the day. The kids are part of his charade as the perfect man.
Hopefully he has no access to the children’s passports.

I’m not sure.

I haven’t heard about this sort of thing before (potential touch DNA mixing with blood).I am encouraged

It sounds incriminating, but I’m not sure if it’s the equivalent of a bloody fingerprint (his print with her blood).

We’ll learn more going forward, but it does seem like the prosecution finds it compelling.
I am encouraged though because this seems to be damming evidence and I am sure it is no where the best evidence they have. They used it to argue for higher bail and in my opinion they wouldn't waste their best evidence on just that.

So if you're FD what do you do with yourself tomorrow? No side piece, no kids, most likely no co-workers or clients and no money...
Relish the space, greenery, and sun, and cry some (or a lot), because soon enough he will have to get used to a 100 sq ft cell with bare gray walls and a narrow cot with a thin mattress

That's not quite right. They're talking about double jeopardy. It's a two pronged test:

1. Did the crimes charged occur during the same "transaction"?

If so;

2. Does each crime charged necessitate the finding of a fact that the other charge doesn't require?

An easy way to look at it is if one crime constitutes a lesser included of the other. Than its probably double jeopardy to convict of both.

In this case, IMO, tampering and hindering aren't lesser includeds of homicide. They aren't a part of the homicide charge. They do show consciousness of guilt, however.
I love that term Conscious of Guilt. It appears that FD certainly has some of that. To bad you can't convict on that.

I am encouraged though because this seems to be damming evidence and I am sure it is no where the best evidence they have. They used it to argue for higher bail and in my opinion they wouldn't waste their best evidence on just that.
ITA. It immediately made me feel better, because they clearly have more than we know, and THAT'S what they threw away at a bail hearing.

I think he's masterful. But the state does not need to show more of its hand. Not now. The high bail for this charge shows the seriousness of the circumstances and the strength of the evidence.

It's very easy to fall for his spin. He's good. But while we may not know ALL the facts, those we do know are powerful and compelling and IMO substantial evidence that he committed homicide against Jennifer. And it will be super easy to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, IMO, that he tampered with evidence and hindered prosecution.

Make no mistake, the attorney isn't defending against those charges as much as he is defending against what will surely become a homicide case.

The facts we know must be taken as a whole. Too many times in these cases I see people twist and turn in order to excuse each fact and find a way to make each fact explainable other than due to homicide.

But we can't look at each fact separately. Each fact isn't in a vacuum. We have to look at them together and when we do, I believe the facts provide a powerful circumstantial homicide case:

1. The parties were engaged in a highly contentious divorce.
2. Jennifer had attempted to get a temporary restraining order against FD stating she was afraid of him, he had threatened her and she believed he would try to kill her.
3. FD appeared controlling and angry according to Jennifer, during the marriage. Her kids expressed fear of him.
4. One of the harshest custody orders available was issued against him, calling for only supervised visitation, no overnights, preventing him from speaking Greek to his kids or speaking privately with them. His every move had to be monitored by a progressional. This would be particular galling to a man with a large ego, sense of entitlement and controlling nature. It also shows the strength of the evidence about his nature and his danger to the kids.
5. A hearing was coming up in which FD would have to disclose financial information, which court orders would be based on.
6. Before the hearing was to occur, Jennifer disappeared.
7. Blood evidence, including blood spatter was found in her home.
8. FD was spotted on camera, the day Jennifer disappeared, dumping bags into trash cans.
9. Those bags were retrieved and found to contain blood that belongs to Jennifer.
10. Now we find his DNA was found mixed with Jennifer's blood on a faucet inside Jennifer's house, even though he was not inside the actual house (and was merely outside in the backyard for a visit)

Oh I'm sure someone could come up with excuses or each of those facts or reasons why each one individually doesn't amount to murder.

But they won't be examined individually at trial. They'll be looked at as part of a whole picture.

And that picture is of a controlling man whose wife feared him and felt he was going to kill her, a man slowly losing control of his kids and his finances.

His attorney can bluster all he wants and make beautiful speeches about due process and prejudging and attempt to convince people his client is innocent. But the reality is summed up by what the prosecutor stated at the hearing today, which was something to the effect of: "Counsel said a lot of things but he failed to state one important thing and it's easy to see why- his client was seen dumping bags with Jennifer blood on them, the day she disappeared."

No innocent person has that many coincidences in their lives.
I wish I could pin this post / thank you

Fotis Dulos posted bond around 3:45 p.m. One of his lawyers, Rich Rochlin, says he is expected to return to his Jefferson Crossing home in Farmington

Pat Tomlinson on Twitter
Well that should be fun. One can only imagine what the place looks like after LE has been in there. My guess is it will look nothing like the Real Estate pics.

Actually, this makes the most sense. I thought I had read yesterday he was being represented pro-bono, but I could be getting my cases mixed up.

Even if he's representing him pro-bono, it's possible he's requiring him to pay expert witness fees, etc. It would be smart for the attorney to have access to 401k just in case. Apologies in advance if someone has already suggested this - I'm still catching up.

I have a couple of question. We're the LE back at the Trash recovery place today? Why hasn't a volunteer search begun on these properties for JD?

I think he's masterful. But the state does not need to show more of its hand. Not now. The high bail for this charge shows the seriousness of the circumstances and the strength of the evidence.

It's very easy to fall for his spin. He's good. But while we may not know ALL the facts, those we do know are powerful and compelling and IMO substantial evidence that he committed homicide against Jennifer. And it will be super easy to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, IMO, that he tampered with evidence and hindered prosecution.

Make no mistake, the attorney isn't defending against those charges as much as he is defending against what will surely become a homicide case.

The facts we know must be taken as a whole. Too many times in these cases I see people twist and turn in order to excuse each fact and find a way to make each fact explainable other than due to homicide.

But we can't look at each fact separately. Each fact isn't in a vacuum. We have to look at them together and when we do, I believe the facts provide a powerful circumstantial homicide case:

1. The parties were engaged in a highly contentious divorce.
2. Jennifer had attempted to get a temporary restraining order against FD stating she was afraid of him, he had threatened her and she believed he would try to kill her.
3. FD appeared controlling and angry according to Jennifer, during the marriage. Her kids expressed fear of him.
4. One of the harshest custody orders available was issued against him, calling for only supervised visitation, no overnights, preventing him from speaking Greek to his kids or speaking privately with them. His every move had to be monitored by a progressional. This would be particular galling to a man with a large ego, sense of entitlement and controlling nature. It also shows the strength of the evidence about his nature and his danger to the kids.
5. A hearing was coming up in which FD would have to disclose financial information, which court orders would be based on.
6. Before the hearing was to occur, Jennifer disappeared.
7. Blood evidence, including blood spatter was found in her home.
8. FD was spotted on camera, the day Jennifer disappeared, dumping bags into trash cans.
9. Those bags were retrieved and found to contain blood that belongs to Jennifer.
10. Now we find his DNA was found mixed with Jennifer's blood on a faucet inside Jennifer's house, even though he was not inside the actual house (and was merely outside in the backyard for a visit)

Oh I'm sure someone could come up with excuses or each of those facts or reasons why each one individually doesn't amount to murder.

But they won't be examined individually at trial. They'll be looked at as part of a whole picture.

And that picture is of a controlling man whose wife feared him and felt he was going to kill her, a man slowly losing control of his kids and his finances.

His attorney can bluster all he wants and make beautiful speeches about due process and prejudging and attempt to convince people his client is innocent. But the reality is summed up by what the prosecutor stated at the hearing today, which was something to the effect of: "Counsel said a lot of things but he failed to state one important thing and it's easy to see why- his client was seen dumping bags with Jennifer blood on them, the day she disappeared."

No innocent person has that many coincidences in their lives.
Just getting back now. Thank you for the always informative perspective, @gitana1 ! This is one hell of a case.

Criminal courts take precedence over family courts generally. So it would be worth a try.
I’m wondering if a divorce action can proceed without the plaintiff ? Although I now think this is part of her moms strategy in the motion to intervene - maybe not just custody but to continue the litigation and force the financial disclosure ? What precedence is out there for this I wonder ?

But he looked rested to me. Much better than when he first appeared. His coloring was good, IMO. Strange.
I think FD was clearly going for the innocent doe...what's going on look? Yet, when his lawyer mentioned that a neighbor said that he didn't go into the house for fear of leaving DNA, that doe-like look went - to WTF. I'm so disgusted right now...I know of people that have spent more time in the Bridgeport Correctional Facility for a DUI. I guess it's politically not correct to put someone in jail when he/she dispose of bags with the blood of the missing spouse in 30 garbage cans, leaves blood DNA on her kitchen faucet, relies on the family of the missing woman for money and forces his poor children to waterski 8 hours a day to drive his damn ego. ...oh, and he has a mistress with her cute little bracelet indicating her forever love for Dulos. Those 6 children deserve answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77