IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *ARRESTS* *mother guilty* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article is organized and breaks down the timeline from the DCFS perspective:

DCFS investigator shares details of December visit to AJ Freund's home

Acosta, who has 25 years of experience with DCFS, previously declined to comment on AJ's death. He indicated he and other DCFS workers were advised not to speak about the matter.

After consulting with DCFS' administrators and communications department Friday, however, Acosta was permitted to speak to the Northwest Herald about his personal experience during the Dec. 18 and 19 investigation of possible abuse against AJ. His comments do not reflect the opinions of DCFS as an agency, he said.

Additional details were obtained through Crystal Lake police reports, in which Acosta's name was redacted under an exemption intended to protect the identities of "confidential sources or information provided by the confidential source, or the identity of persons who file complaints with or provide information to law enforcement agencies."

DCFS denied a Freedom of Information Act request for investigation reports, claiming they are not public records. The agency also said there was no documented disciplinary action against Acosta between May 1, 2017, and May 6, 2019.
said.

Dec. 18
The 911 call
Police inspect the home
The bruise
The home visit
What now?

Last edited:
May 30 2019
Congresswoman Lauren Underwood to host foster care roundtable Friday in Crystal Lake

June 1 2019
U.S. Rep. Lauren Underwood discusses local foster care needs in Crystal Lake

At a roundtable discussion Friday in Crystal Lake, hosted by U.S. Rep. Lauren Underwood, foster mom Alicia Wehby said her adopted children also have met a handful of case workers, who she said work hard but seem to rotate frequently.

“The turnover is high. The resources are low. The funding is low. They’re understaffed, overwhelmed and underpaid,” Wehby said. “They all have the best interest in mind for the kids. They work hard.

In response to what Underwood called the “marquee case” highlighting child abuse, the 14th Congressional District representative has backed legislation that aims to address a rise in child maltreatment coinciding with the nationwide opioid epidemic.

“The foster care system is one where there are gaps and resource restrictions,” Underwood said

The Stronger Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act would authorize $270 million for the expansion of prevention services to reach more than 3 million children annually, as well as an additional $270 million to support new research and help Illinois’ child protective agencies expand their services, Underwood said.

cunningham-20190531161839-37354000.jpg

The face of evil IMO - JoAnn Cunningham

cunningham-20190531161839-37354000.jpg

The face of evil IMO - JoAnn Cunningham

I so agree but I think you missed the picture of daddy dearest. The 60 year old attorney from all accounts who was raised in a good family and had support and treatment urged from his law firm but could not even tell the cops his five year old son's EYE color or provide a picture of his son.

The police report was plenty for one day.

RIP child.

I knew JC was close to having the baby. I hope the babe is doing ok. Certainly going to say prayers for her.

We can only guess the two men being tested for paternity. Lol

I noticed last week that DN is no longer listed as an inmate in McHenry County Jail. Does anyone know what happened with that? I don't want to assume; but based on his charges, maybe he went to prison?

I knew JC was close to having the baby. I hope the babe is doing ok. Certainly going to say prayers for her.

We can only guess the two men being tested for paternity. Lol

I noticed last week that DN is no longer listed as an inmate in McHenry County Jail. Does anyone know what happened with that? I don't want to assume; but based on his charges, maybe he went to prison?

According to the McHenry County records, DN was released after being fined and sentenced to two years probation on May 22. Seems to me that he got off pretty easy.
Public Case Access - McHenry County

I pray that this newborn baby girl will get to have the love and happiness that little AJ never had.

According to the McHenry County records, DN was released after being fined and sentenced to two years probation on May 22. Seems to me that he got off pretty easy.
Judge Sharon Prather is a criminal's best friend, so I'm not surprised he got a slap on the wrist. Thank goodness she's retiring.

Thanks! Dang it! I know he probably won't get custody of the baby if he's the father but he may get supervised visits with her. I was hoping that he went to prison. Praying that DCFS gets it right this time with this baby and they place her in a good home, hopefully with PF since he's doing so well.

Thanks! Dang it! I know he probably won't get custody of the baby if he's the father but he may get supervised visits with her. I was hoping that he went to prison. Praying that DCFS gets it right this time with this baby and they place her in a good home, hopefully with PF since he's doing so well.

Well, that didn't take long. DN failed a drug test already and is back in jail. There's no way he should ever get custody if the baby turns out to be his!
Crystal Lake mom charged in death of Andrew 'AJ' Freund gives birth to daughter, who's been placed in DCFS custody, sources say

Well, that didn't take long. DN failed a drug test already and is back in jail. There's no way he should ever get custody if the baby turns out to be his!
Crystal Lake mom charged in death of Andrew 'AJ' Freund gives birth to daughter, who's been placed in DCFS custody, sources say
OMGoodness!!! Just barely out and now back again. Nope. He's not getting custody of that little darling. Hopefully, if he's proven to be the father, he will give up his rights. He obviously is not able to make good judgements and, if DCFS is on the ball this time, he will not be asked about what he wishes for his daughter while he's in custody/rehab or wherever he ends up.

I’d love to see this baby girl in a loving family FAR away from her birth mother and whoever her birth father might be. I hope she somehow avoided the affects of her mothers drug use and lives a happy, safe life. Sweet lil babe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member