Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there is any way they could know for sure. She is believed to have been dead by that time since that is probably when DV disposed of the body so it's likely the reason they picked that particular date.
It's probably the closest the coroner could get to the time of death as it is impossible to know the exact day. Imo
we take for factual information legal documents such as death certs etc. but realistically they are not all as cracked up to be.
I have two close connections with incorrect death dates on official death certificate.
one in particular I asked LE why and was told even though we surmise the time of death the fact is that person is legally dead only when declared by appropriate authority.
so someone who dies alone often has sketchy death dates.
**this relates to non suspicious cases not coroner related situations for clarification. **

I believe that's when MD was reported missing so that's the date thwy will go by. Probably doesn't no or can't determined when she was killed.on my nephew's death certificate it says August 2 as date of death. But that's when he was found. They couldn't determine a death date because of the decomposition. That's just my opinion

I'm so sorry. :(

Maleah turned 4 in February. Isn't that old enough to be able to tell CPS or a doctor, or a grandmother how she got her injury or if she was being physically abused? That thought just came to me...had to ask. ty

Maleah turned 4 in February. Isn't that old enough to be able to tell CPS or a doctor, or a grandmother how she got her injury or if she was being physically abused? That thought just came to me...had to ask. ty

I've wondered that myself. MAYBE that last time it was an accident but they did find old blood indicating old injuries. Maybe those weren't accidents. Maybe they were. That's a lot of maybe and uncertainty.
MOO

I think she may have been capable, but possibly not willing. Kids this age are very literal, any type of threat - she would have taken it seriously and literally. I’m sure she was coached and given a story to tell. MOO

I've wondered that myself. MAYBE that last time it was an accident but they did find old blood indicating old injuries. Maybe those weren't accidents. Maybe they were. That's a lot of maybe and uncertainty.
MOO
I've never seen that question asked or answered or even mentioned. I've not seen anything about her development either. But I know 4 year olds who have a huge vocabulary. Just another inconsistency.

Possibly. She was 3y5m in July 2018 when the “first” head injury occurred requiring surgery. We don’t know if there was a brain injury but it’s not a stretch to say it’s possible. 3 1/2 can be iffy on how verbal and articulate a child is. She may not have been able to say anything re her injury and what she may have said could’ve been normal 3 year old speak. Mommy hurt me, Minnie Mouse hurt me, the floor hurt me, my little pony hurt me, my chicken nuggets hurt me, baby brother hurt me, etc would all be developmentally appropriate at that age. She could have been coached for weeks if we assume the injury was several weeks prior to the surgery, she may not have even seen what/who struck her. And if abuse was normal in her life (very likely), she might not have even understood it was wrong. Who knows? CPS didn’t believe the medical staff who said her injury couldn’t have happened from a fall, why would they believe a 3 year old? Imo

Possibly. She was 3y5m in July 2018 when the “first” head injury occurred requiring surgery. We don’t know if there was a brain injury but it’s not a stretch to say it’s possible. 3 1/2 can be iffy on how verbal and articulate a child is. She may not have been able to say anything re her injury and what she may have said could’ve been normal 3 year old speak. Mommy hurt me, Minnie Mouse hurt me, the floor hurt me, my little pony hurt me, my chicken nuggets hurt me, baby brother hurt me, etc would all be developmentally appropriate at that age. She could have been coached for weeks if we assume the injury was several weeks prior to the surgery, she may not have even seen what/who struck her. And if abuse was normal in her life (very likely), she might not have even understood it was wrong. Who knows? CPS didn’t believe the medical staff who said her injury couldn’t have happened from a fall, why would they believe a 3 year old? Imo
In my opinion only, CPS was in CYA mode. And still is. Isn't there a gag order on the CPS case files for Maleah? I'm not sure.

I wondered this, but unfortunately I don't have a point of reference because my son is speech delayed and he is 3.5 years old. He is just now starting to string words together.

Girls are, on average, much quicker to pick up speech than boys are, so it's possible she had a very large vocabulary. Then again, as someone stated, she could have been too scared to speak up.

I wondered this, but unfortunately I don't have a point of reference because my son is speech delayed and he is 3.5 years old. He is just now starting to string words together.

Girls are, on average, much quicker to pick up speech than boys are, so it's possible she had a very large vocabulary. Then again, as someone stated, she could have been too scared to speak up.

How pathetic at 3 1/2 to be in so much fear.

I wanted to add: my son has bruises all over his legs from stumbling, running into things, falling down etc. I think bruises on the legs could be typical for a toddler.

The face, though? Highly concerning. I think it would be highly unusual for a little one to continuously be running into things with their face/neck. Even if they face planted, they would usually catch themselves with their arms, like an adult would do.

Face bruises are very suspicious, IMO.
I read that they had only been in that apartment a month. These pictures are older than a month. Where were they living before? And who with? Just the 3 kids and two adults?

Teddy bears and toys being collected for Maleah Davis' funeral service
Maleah Davis will be remembered during a private funeral service later this month.

Although the public is not invited, the community can send flowers and private condolence messages through the Richardson Mortuary's website.

A sign is displayed at the apartment complex where the 4-year-old lived with her family telling people that teddy bears and toys will be displayed at Maleah's service on June 22. There's also a painted mural honoring Maleah on the apartment's fence.

The sign goes on to say the toys and stuffed animals will then be given to the Houston Fire Department.

[...]

I read that they had only been in that apartment a month. These pictures are older than a month. Where were they living before? And who with? Just the 3 kids and two adults?
I remember reading they were living with BB2 at some point, but not sure how accurate that is/which timeframe?

@PommyMommy not to overwork you, as I know you are involved in gathering information for multiple threads, but have you heard or know anything about this?

I remember reading they were living with BB2 at some point, but not sure how accurate that is/which timeframe?

@PommyMommy not to overwork you, as I know you are involved in gathering information for multiple threads, but have you heard or know anything about this?
They were living with BB2 in August 2018 for sure but I don't know for how long or when they moved into their own apartment. I'm guessing sometime prior to Feb 2019 when CPS returned the children to BB's care. MOO

I wanted to add: my son has bruises all over his legs from stumbling, running into things, falling down etc. I think bruises on the legs could be typical for a toddler.

The face, though? Highly concerning. I think it would be highly unusual for a little one to continuously be running into things with their face/neck. Even if they face planted, they would usually catch themselves with their arms, like an adult would do.

Face bruises are very suspicious, IMO.
I think it's hard to say for sure. Little ones are always having accidents because they don't pay attention. My daughter came back from her father's house at age three with a huge swollen eye that later turned into a bruise from running into the pool table.
I still have a scar on my forehead from trying to run underneath the kitchen island when I was three. (a few months earlier and I would have cleared it)
Edges of tables are also often the source of facial injuries from a fall.

What is the source for the picture of the bruise under her eye? Who took the picture? It doesn't seem likely that her parents would post a picture of Maleah with an injury that was caused by abuse.

Not that I doubt she was being abused. The head injury occurred after DV came into the children's lives and there is no evidence that any of the children suffered abuse before that.

I still believe that she was being habitually abused over a long period of time and Brittany knew about it.
But a single picture of her with a bruise is not necessarily "evidence."
The CPS documents and the documentation by the hospital staff are what proves there was physical abuse. Imo

Last edited:
Teddy bears and toys being collected for Maleah Davis' funeral service
Maleah Davis will be remembered during a private funeral service later this month.

Although the public is not invited, the community can send flowers and private condolence messages through the Richardson Mortuary's website.

A sign is displayed at the apartment complex where the 4-year-old lived with her family telling people that teddy bears and toys will be displayed at Maleah's service on June 22. There's also a painted mural honoring Maleah on the apartment's fence.

The sign goes on to say the toys and stuffed animals will then be given to the Houston Fire Department.

[...]
Thank you Signed !!! I hope all of us sign this I think she should break the internet !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong