Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #8 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
BZ tweets
FBI: "where'd you take her? We need to find Yingying" BC: "I think it's time that I stop answering questions
UIPD officer said they had records showing Ms Zhang googled the address of One North one minute after entering Christensen's car. (14/15
  1. D officer asked him if he'd been in Savoy, by the ihotel, by the State Farm Center, by the cemetery. He remembered driving around the cemetery. Also said he drove by orchard downs (11/15)

1 rep
  2. ly0 retweets0 likes

3. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 4m4 minutes ago
    Asked why he didn't tell FBI agents earlier about picking up an Asian woman, he said, "if I recognized her, I would've told the agents because I knew she was Asian." (12/15)
    Just trying to clear my head, more or less," he said for why he was driving around. (9/15)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes
  4. aid, "she (Yingying) was the only person I talked to" when driving around, but prosecutors believe another woman was approached by him that morning. (10/15)
  1. Said she got out of the car with her phone after less than 5 minutes, while prosecutors said her phone pinged until 2:28 near the railroad tracks in downtown Champaign. (7/15)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

2. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 6m6 minutes ago
    Said his marriage was "kind of strained between us...in an unrelated way." He admitted he was lonely, with his wife on vacation with her new boyfriend. (8/15
  1. aid she freaked out after he made a wrong turn, so he let her out after a couple blocks. (5/15)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

2. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 7m7 minutes ago
    "She said she had a meeting with her professor," he said, when in fact she was looking for a new apartment
  1. I've seen the video, but I didn't see me," he tries to tell them. (2/15)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

2. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 8m8 minutes ago
    When officer Stiverson says they know he picked her up, he gets agitated and says he mixed up his days, but did drive around campus and picked up an Asian woman (3/15)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

3. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 8m8 minutes ago
    "She was very distressed," he said. "I don't remember specifics" about where he let her out. (4/15)

FBI: "where'd you take her? We need to find Yingying" BC: "I think it's time that I stop answering questions." (15/15)

sked if he was trying to hook up with her, he said he would've been interested. (13/15)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes
(BZ)
That ws some bs he tried feeding FBI

There are conflicting reports about that, I noticed. AP reported sequence as
he bound her
he raped her
he strangled her
he stabbed her in the bedroom
he dragged her to bathroom, bashed her head in with baseball bat
then he decapitated her
I have no way to know which is most accurate but I cannot perceive a human body sustaining all those injuries to be alive while being decapitated.... Pacer might have transcripts but it's difficult to navigate nad expensive as they charge one for errors too.

If he cracked open her skull with a blow from the bat, she might have been alive, but likely she was unconscious by that point. that blow would have killed her eventually. Chances are she might never have regained consciousness after that.

If he cracked open her skull with a blow from the bat, she might have been alive, but likely she was unconscious by that point. that blow would have killed her eventually. Chances are she might never have regained consciousness after that.
It's impossible to know without more facts, 10 minutes strangulation and less will kill a person too.. We may never know which injury actually killed her unless he confesses, which seems unlikely and discloses location of her body

I wish there was a way to get a transcript of the opening statement (there might be, I just don't know where to look). I have heard conflicting reports that he stabbed her in the bedroom, too, after raping her and subsequently trying to strangle her, and other reports don't mention that. Reading his transcript is the only way to get the story straight, it seems.....

It would help if we even had a live-stream video.

Defense in Trial of China Scholar's Brutal Death: He Did It
Christensen, who is over 6-foot, took Zhang to his apartment where he raped, choked and stabbed her in his bedroom, as the 5-foot-4 Zhang tried to fight him off, prosecutor Eugene Miller said in his opening statement to jurors Wednesday. Christensen then dragged Zhang into his bathroom, and pummeled her in the head with the bat before decapitating her, Miller said.

LIVE: The trial of Brendt Christensen
In detailing the crime, prosecutors said Christensen picked Ms. Zhang up around 2 p.m. and her iPhone sent its last signal at 2:28 p.m.

They said he bound her hands, took her to his apartment and bedroom, raped and assaulted her, and choked her for 10 minutes while she fought for life.

Then they said he took her to the bathtub, hit her in the head with a baseball bat, breaking open her head, and cut off her head.

BZ tweets
FBI: "where'd you take her? We need to find Yingying" BC: "I think it's time that I stop answering questions
UIPD officer said they had records showing Ms Zhang googled the address of One North one minute after entering Christensen's car. (14/15
  1. D officer asked him if he'd been in Savoy, by the ihotel, by the State Farm Center, by the cemetery. He remembered driving around the cemetery. Also said he drove by orchard downs (11/15)

1 rep
  2. ly0 retweets0 likes

3. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 4m4 minutes ago
    Asked why he didn't tell FBI agents earlier about picking up an Asian woman, he said, "if I recognized her, I would've told the agents because I knew she was Asian." (12/15)
    Just trying to clear my head, more or less," he said for why he was driving around. (9/15)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes
  4. aid, "she (Yingying) was the only person I talked to" when driving around, but prosecutors believe another woman was approached by him that morning. (10/15)
  1. Said she got out of the car with her phone after less than 5 minutes, while prosecutors said her phone pinged until 2:28 near the railroad tracks in downtown Champaign. (7/15)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

2. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 6m6 minutes ago
    Said his marriage was "kind of strained between us...in an unrelated way." He admitted he was lonely, with his wife on vacation with her new boyfriend. (8/15
  1. aid she freaked out after he made a wrong turn, so he let her out after a couple blocks. (5/15)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

2. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 7m7 minutes ago
    "She said she had a meeting with her professor," he said, when in fact she was looking for a new apartment
  1. I've seen the video, but I didn't see me," he tries to tell them. (2/15)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

2. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 8m8 minutes ago
    When officer Stiverson says they know he picked her up, he gets agitated and says he mixed up his days, but did drive around campus and picked up an Asian woman (3/15)

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

3. Ben Zigterman‏ @bzigterman 8m8 minutes ago
    "She was very distressed," he said. "I don't remember specifics" about where he let her out. (4/15)

Sometimes criminals will give bits of truth along with lies.

Places to include on our list of possible places nearby where he may have taken her remains.

From his own words and above testimony:
*He remembered driving around the cemetery.
*Also said he drove by orchard downs
*prosecutors said her phone pinged until 2:28 near the railroad tracks in downtown Champaign

Sometimes criminals will give bits of truth along with lies.

Places to include on our list of possible places nearby where he may have taken her remains.

From his own words and above testimony:
*He remembered driving around the cemetery.
*Also said he drove by orchard downs
*prosecutors said her phone pinged until 2:28 near the railroad tracks in downtown Champaign

YES @Hatfield
YES YESS YES.
It hit me while copypasting and then I lost thought cos they all tweet at same time and need to be fast.
The cemetery is a familiar place for him.. I often wonder whether he buried her in a cemetery

Also that she texted 1 minute after entering his car suggests he did not incapacitate her immediately

Testimony from #Christensen trial, per News-Gazzette reporter, suggesting #YingyingZhang didn’t immediately realize she was in trouble when she got into the car.
Michael Tarm on Twitter

Im pretty sure she did not know he was a homicidal maniac as he tricked her into giving her a ride.

Of course nobody would know his devious plans until it was too late. The fact she was from another country that has customs that may have made her a little more trusting, and he may have known that from his work at the school, makes his crime all the more devious and upsetting to me.

this tweet concerns Christensen's #multiple partners makes me wonder how many people exactly he was intimately involved with and whether he discussed this with his therapists?
The force of the bat as mentioned in the reddit link, as hard as he could, he brought it down on her head after strangling raping and stabbing...
Was he not tired at that stage?
Why did he decapitate her?
Wondering again whether he held membership of any other strange organisations of women haters?
One would imagine he would have spent his rage in the act of rape or stabbing or strangulation... Was it that he wanted to render her unidentifiable?
did he conduct any further cutting? Like fingertips?
He had a gore feast followed by an enhanced ego...
and defense want us to believe he did it all while drunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member