GUILTY TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #12

Do you guys remember this rumor - when the body was found, someone said that there had already been investigators around that area of Arkansas- before Q said DV gave up the info to him. Maybe that rumor was true and due to the fact they already had the informant’s statement.

I doubt seriously that she died from illness. I can see her being badly injured over the weekend or early in the week or both, and then being left lying in her bed for however many days until she passed, most likely from another tbi in my mind. Sweet child, I hate this for her.

Ps, illness, even the flu, doesn’t explain the blood/tissue found.
I agree. I think her face was injured over the weekend and maybe she said something like - Don't hit me. I tell on you to my teacher.
Telling on somebody is a popular thing to do among 4 year old children.

So MD never went back to daycare. And MD had to be silenced forever.

So this article is saying HPD had the location information 5 days earlier and sat on it until QX came to them with the same info?
Where did the newspaper that released this get the information? Has HPD released anything on this either confirming or denying it??
Sounds to me like DV has had time to come up with another preposterous tale in this litany of lies from him.
Can this get anymore ridiculous??
1. Flu so severe it causes death.
2. Seen walking into apartment hours before dying.
3. Blood found in apartment.
4. Not allowing father and aunt to see her hours before dying.
5. Not alerting her mother or grandmother she was that sick.
6. Putting her body in a trash bag and driving to another state for disposal.
7. Creating a kidnap story.
It goes on and on. The only thing that has been truthful from DV is an approximate location of Maleah. And he couldn't even get that right!!
Am I missing something?? SMH!!

I appreciate you posting these points because I'm concerned that because of the condition that Maleah's body was found in all DV would have to say is that it was an accident. With no proof that she was abused there may be reasonable doubt. Your post is a good reminder that we still have a chance.

The biggest reason I don’t believe she died of the flu is that they would’ve gotten medical attention before it became that severe. IF she had the flu, there’s only one reason why they didn’t take her to the doctor—because she was showing obvious signs of abuse. Why else wouldn’t they take her in? Money isn’t an excuse as she was likely on state insurance. Time isn’t an excuse because we know DV was home a few days that week. Lack of understanding the severity? No, there’s zero chance her doctors didn’t explain things to watch for and when to bring her in to be seen. Fever, lethargy, vomiting would all be cause for great concern. People don’t under react to a sick, medically fragile child unless they don’t want to get caught for something. Moo

Inmate says he told police where Maleah's body was, days before Quanell X
The attorney of Derion Vence has confirmed to ABC13 that an inmate at the Harris County Jail met with Houston Police detectives on May 26 and May 30 on the possible location of Maleah Davis' remains.

Dorian Cotlar, Vence's appointed attorney, confirms that to the best of his knowledge an inmate by the name of DC told investigators that Vence gave him the location of Maleah's body in Arkansas several days before Quanell X met with Vence.

DC's involvement has not been officially confirmed by Houston Police. HPD's official statement is that the investigation is ongoing and they cannot comment.

[...]

Last edited:
I appreciate you posting these points because I'm concerned that because of the condition that Maleah's body was found in all DV would have to say is that it was an accident. With no proof that she was abused there may be reasonable doubt. Your post is a good reminder that we still have a chance.
This is my biggest fear. It’s like Lonzie all over again. A month in the heat and humidity in a trash bag? Just about any evidence other than broken bones is long gone...

The biggest reason I don’t believe she died of the flu is that they would’ve gotten medical attention before it became that severe. IF she had the flu, there’s only one reason why they didn’t take her to the doctor—because she was showing obvious signs of abuse. Why else wouldn’t they take her in? Money isn’t an excuse as she was likely on state insurance. Time isn’t an excuse because we know DV was home a few days that week. Lack of understanding the severity? No, there’s zero chance her doctors didn’t explain things to watch for and when to bring her in to be seen. Fever, lethargy, vomiting would all be cause for great concern. People don’t under react to a sick, medically fragile child unless they don’t want to get caught for something. Moo

I agree. I believe BB asked CD to take MD to the doctor then said DV would take her. I think BB/DV was afraid to take MD to the doctor because she was showing signs of abuse and they didn't want CPS to find out.

Moo

I agree. I believe BB asked CD to take MD to the doctor then said DV would take her. I think BB/DV was afraid to take MD to the doctor because she was showing signs of abuse and they didn't want CPS to find out.

Moo

While this could be true, and I do not disagree it very well could be, the bleach, clean-up and blood indicate something done after that which probably resulted in her death though. This also leaves BB2's indication she last saw Maleah on Monday questionable, which is something that has been wondered about as well.

The only thing that I question about it though is if she was showing signs of abuse, and you believe BB was part of it, why would she ask CD to take her in or anyone to do so? They would not want the abuse noted period.

Jmo.

I kind of hope he did confess to the inmate, in case QX's testimony is thrown out. Can't claim "coercion" with another inmate.
I don't think he can claim he was coerced with his confession to QX either. He is not a lawyer or LE, so I don't think it is any different than admitting a crime to a friend or a mentor.
That person then becomes an important witness. QX is definitely more credible than an inmate.

While this could be true, and I do not disagree it very well could be, the bleach, clean-up and blood indicate something done after that which probably resulted in her death though. This also leaves BB2's indication she last saw Maleah on Monday questionable, which is something that has been wondered about as well.

The only thing that I question about it though is if she was showing signs of abuse, and you believe BB was part of it, why would she ask CD to take her in or anyone to do so? They would not want the abuse noted period.

Jmo.
I think maybe one of them might have had a tiny sliver of a conscience and knew they had gone too far this time and she needed help. CD was asked to take her to confuse who the abuser was and when it happened. The other then convinced them that they couldn’t risk the abuse being discovered and said DV would take her. Knowing full well DV had no intention of taking Maleah anywhere near a doctor.

I don't think he can claim he was coerced with his confession to QX either. He is not a lawyer or LE, so I don't think it is any different than admitting a crime to a friend or a mentor.
That person then becomes an important witness. QX is definitely more credible than an inmate.

I agree but if the inmate has a note in DV's handwriting with location, as I read, and/or with his prints, I think both could be valuable in that two are better than one in saying DV knew the location of her body. If a jury would doubt either witness, there are two.

Jmo.

QX stated several times BB knew about the abuse so that tells me she was part of it, if she let it happen!

She also did several interviews and not in one interview did she ever say MD was sick. It came out during a hearing from CD.

She is definitely hiding something!
Moo

Last edited:
I think maybe one of them might have had a tiny sliver of a conscience and knew they had gone too far this time and she needed help. CD was asked to take her to confuse who the abuser was and when it happened. The other then convinced them that they couldn’t risk the abuse being discovered and said DV would take her. Knowing full well DV had no intention of taking Maleah anywhere near a doctor.

Could be. I have a bit of a variation on that thought. I wonder if DV had done something again and whether BB knew or whether she was old by DV it was some accident, she told him he needed to take her in because he did it or it happened on his watch and she had a funeral to get to. He refused and said he would not. She called CD to do so, DV had a fit and said he would do it. She called CD back. And of course DV never took her.

Or are you thinking they never took her in with the flu because of signs of abuse?

True, and if she really did die from the flu, that would incriminate BB even more since she apparently knew she needed to be seen by a doctor and never made sure she went.
But DV's actions in hiding the body and covering up the crime don't make any sense if she died from the flu. If he found her in bed, there would be no reason to think that he would be blamed for her death so no reason not to call 911.
The only other explanation would be that he lied to BB, saying he had taken her to the Dr when he never did, and he was afraid that she would find out.
But it's hard to believe he would go to such lengths to hide it from her.
Also, QX was insistent that BB knew what happened so she would have to be involved in the cover up as well. Imo

QX stated several times BB knew about the abuse so that tells me she was part of it if she let it happen!

She also did several interviews and not in one interview did she ever say MD was sick. It came out during a hearing from CD.

She is definitely hiding something!
Moo

I never said otherwise and I do not need to be yelled at for voicing an opinion. I also never said anything about believing the flu thing/or that I ever thought she was sick.

There was blood. He cleaned it. Seems to not fit with the flu imo. Whatever she knew, we will come to find out.

I have cleared no one in this or in how they treated her. And that includes people beyond BB and DV.

Jmo.

I never said otherwise and I do not need to be yelled at for voicing an opinion. I also never said anything about believing the flu thing/or that I ever thought she was sick.

There was blood. He cleaned it. Seems to not fit with the flu imo. Whatever she knew, we will come to find out.

I have cleared no one in this or in how they treated her. And that includes people beyond BB and DV.

Jmo.

I wasn't yelling, sorry you took it that way. This case make me angry and I have been invested since day one and I am just highlighting my opinion.

That's All

I agree but if the inmate has a note in DV's handwriting with location, as I read, and/or with his prints, I think both could be valuable in that two are better than one in saying DV knew the location of her body. If a jury would doubt either witness, there are two.
I didn't know it was in writing. I was not able to read the article so I missed that. It said I ran out of free articles or something.
I wonder why DV would put it in writing. Seems like a pretty unlikely or at least stupid thing for a criminal to do. He wrote the inmate a letter telling him where the body was? Why?
Did the article explain it in more detail?

Last edited:
Could be. I have a bit of a variation on that thought. I wonder if DV had done something again and whether BB knew or whether she was old by DV it was some accident, she told him he needed to take her in because he did it or it happened on his watch and she had a funeral to get to. He refused and said he would not. She called CD to do so, DV had a fit and said he would do it. She called CD back. And of course DV never took her.

Or are you thinking they never took her in with the flu because of signs of abuse?
Could be either. I lean toward her maybe having a cold, not the flu, but physical abuse causing her death. If she was sick it was just a coincidence.

It appears that we will find out her COD soon, if they are able to establish that. Then again, they might hold onto that information until trial. I have a feeling DV will plead not guilty (unless he takes a plea deal) and at that point we will get to learn all sorts of fun things about Maleah's life we never knew about.

I feel weird saying I hope there is evidence on her bones. Mainly cause I hope no child would have to go through severe enough trauma to break/damage bones. In this case, I just want there to be enough evidence for a just conviction.

I think the disagreement that began when BB found the pictures DV had sent to what BB thought was a man, escalated. She had broken their engagement, derided his manhood, told him to leave, and yet there He was still saddled with 3 kids. Still having to do everything. The more they fought, the madder He got, and He "snapped". He took his humiliation and anger out on Maleah as he had done in the past. But, this time he went to far. He knew it was over and all he could do was fabricate lies from there on.
After that for me it gets murky. I honestly don't have a clue or any ideas after that.
BB hasn't helped herself by sharing much. Unless she is doing it behind the scenes and it's not been made public.

I'm going to be very surprised if they able to determine COD. I really hope they can, but I don't think it's possible at this late stage considering what they have to work with. Sounds bad and cold, I know...just no easy way to say it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back