Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know what can solve this case now. Everybody has to remember they had a lot of people working on this case. State. FBI. Everybody years ago. They put the case back in the public eye, received thousands more of tips and still nothing.

Only thing I see cracking this case is if the guy brags about killing them one day...

Or someone gets arrested and drops the dime on BG.

I dont know what can solve this case now. Everybody has to remember they had a lot of people working on this case. State. FBI. Everybody years ago. They put the case back in the public eye, received thousands more of tips and still nothing.

Only thing I see cracking this case is if the guy brags about killing them one day...
Or if the do have BGs DNA, he commits another crime and they connect it. I hope they have his DNA.

Looking at vids of the bridge, it is scary to think about crossing it... it’s so high. No hand rails. Spaces between the tresses. So that might be why no one saw anything, simply because it’s so hard to cross that bridge without feeling scared, so most trail walkers don’t.
Respectfully snipped for focus.
A very important point you made here.
This Perp was seemingly (speculation), loaded up with murderous tools and scaling this scary and dangerous bridge adeptly, with apparent speed to catch the girls. This leads me to speculate whether he was very accustomed to running across the bridge on a dare, or works in an occupation where he is accustomed to maneuvering at heights:
Construction, tree-trimer, forestry, window washer, firefighter, roofer....

This is someone who used to play and race across the bridge on dares. This is someone who is comfortable working at heights, and probably gets a thrill from it. Otherwise, he would have lay in wait on the ground for the girls. The height was part of the thrill.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Respectfully snipped for focus.
A very important point you made here.
This Perp was seemingly (speculation), loaded up with murderous tools and scaling this scary and dangerous bridge adeptly, with apparent speed to catch the girls. This leads me to speculate whether he was very accustomed to running across the bridge on a dare, or works in an occupation where he is accustomed to maneuvering at heights:
Construction, tree-trimer, forestry, window washer, firefighter, roofer....

This is someone who used to play and race across the bridge on dares. This is someone who is comfortable working at heights, and probably gets a thrill from it. Otherwise, he would have lay in wait on the ground for the girls. The height was part of the thrill.

Amateur opinion and speculation

You know, the thrill might be part of it. I haven’t paid much attention to the job workers in the area, even those who love railroads or work on high towers. Not sure why... I guess none of that struck a chord with me on a simple theory BG is a transient sort, in town for a while and then gone. The newer presser has me looking at locals. There are a few that aren’t innocent of at least something that have crossed my interest, but without understanding the motive, I can’t be sure.

You would think someone capable of this would have some cunning and priors. So far nothing coming from the local angle. That is the only reason I am holding out on that and still thinking the Delphi case still needs to have nationwide interest and PDs across the country still aware. JMO.

Well.. in my opinion, he HAD TO HAVE some kind of weapon to control/kill 2 girls. I still think given the place he ended up leaving them, that this assault had to be very well planned out.

What I scratch my head about: A creek crossing doesn't make sense to me at all. Unless they were killed on the south side of the creek and then dragged one by one across to the other side. That doesn't sound very likely either.

So, I agree he had a plan.. may have been seen there multiple other days when someone alone (or two young people) were not around to trap. The situation had to be right. A week day. Nobody within sight on the north or south end of the bridge.

So much does not make any sense. Once the guy gets caught, I hope there is a full confession so they can not put the family thru a trial). Maybe then, we will get details.
This just made me think of something. Because it sounds like the bridge is not something many “outsiders” know about and because he seems to be comfortable walking on the bridge it is quite likely he has been to the bridge (and walked on it) many times.

He may have disguised himself that day so he may not have looked the same as he may have on previous visits to the bridge - whether they were “scouting missions” or just innocent excursions at previous times. He may be basically non-distinct or non-threatening appearing so people may not even notice him or, even if they did notice him he didn’t leave a lasting impression.

Or he could be someone that wasn’t necessarily KNOWN by others but someone that others had seen around in some capacity that was safe - or at least non-threatening.

It would be interesting to see if any locals that frequent the bridge may remember seeing someone like this on other occasions that they have previously dismissed as “not being the killer type”.

I say this because I remember reading Ann Rule’s book “Green River Running Red” and it was found that Gary Ridgway’s name had come up previously because he was not a stranger to the areas frequented by prostitutes. When LE talked to several prostitutes in the area they all said he couldn’t be the killer because they had “worked” for him before and nothing bad had happened.

He later admitted that he purposely had “normal” interactions with many of the prostitutes knowing they tended to talk amongst each other - especially at that time when there was fear of a killer focusing on prostitutes - and they would vouch for him being “safe”.

I just get the sense its somebody with not a big family or really a lot of close friends. Just a loner maybe without a job. I can't picture somebody plotting to murder somebody or people on their break. Like with Jake Patterson, often time these people have a lot of time on their hands and have no responsibilities really.

This time sits better with me if the video was at 2:30. 23 minutes hanging out on a bridge does not sound fun. If the SC is actually later they had 45 minutes between drop off till the AW SC. People on the trail did see them that day right?

Edit: typos

I’m not aware of it ever being reported anyone saw the girls on the trail. IIRC BP and then later KG said others had been on the Monon Bridge portion of the trail but it just happened to be sort of lull around the time the girls were there.

And that is exactly what Doug Carter thinks too.
"We are confident you have told someone what you have done," Carter said in continuing to speak directly to the killer. "Only a coward would do such a thing. To the murderer, I believe you have just a little bit of a conscience left."

I think he knew RL was gone and that the property at the end of the bridge was empty and he had an alibi sorted in some way (left his phone at home?). He then acted officious and got them away from the bridge via a ruse or by force or both. Moo

So how many people would know that RL was not at home?

And that is exactly what Doug Carter thinks too.
"We are confident you have told someone what you have done," Carter said in continuing to speak directly to the killer. "Only a coward would do such a thing. To the murderer, I believe you have just a little bit of a conscience left."

At the one year anniversary Carter was confident somebody out there knows who did it.

Feb/18
“There’s a person out there that knows who did it. Not a hunch. They know who that person is,” said Carter. “They know that voice and they know those clothes. They know that posture. They know that stance and they know who murdered those two little girls in that quiet place.”
One Year Later: Why the Delphi case isn't cold

He won’t.

But if it turns into a cold case...has any PD ever done the opposite, released all information they have to the public? And what would be the danger of it? (The benefit would be preventing more murders).

He won’t.

But if it turns into a cold case...has any PD ever done the opposite, released all information they have to the public? And what would be the danger of it? (The benefit would be preventing more murders).
I’ve never heard of it. The reason being that if they did get a confession or a strong suspect, it would be extremely hard to convict if all the details were publicly known. There are always weirdos who confess that didn’t actually commit the crime. By revealing all the details you are basically making it very difficult to convict. The people who would know who BG is don’t need all the details. It would be irresponsible of them to do so.

He won’t.

How would releasing any cold case file prevent more murders?

I just get the sense its somebody with not a big family or really a lot of close friends. Just a loner maybe without a job. I can't picture somebody plotting to murder somebody or people on their break. Like with Jake Patterson, often time these people have a lot of time on their hands and have no responsibilities really.

The main thing with Jake Patterson, he is so inconspicuous. Now, of course, his face is unforgettable, but IRL, I would probably need to see him ten times to remember the face.

This guy, probably, has not been noticed by people. It might be so that they know him but don’t pay much attention to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks