GUILTY IL - Bonnie Woodward, 46, murdered, Alton, 25 June 2010

Local police just announced they're having a news conference tomorrow for "new developments."

BREAKING NEWS - Missing Person Bonnie Woodward Press Conference
http://www.greatriversmedia.com/156173

Jersey County Sheriff John Wimmersberg, Alton Police Chief Jake Simmons, Madison County State’s Attorney Tom Gibbons, and Jersey County State’s Attorney Ben Goetten have scheduled a press conference at the Alton Police Department Thursday afternoon to speak about new developments in the investigation of the disappearance of Bonnie Woodward in June 2010.

The question now is did Carroll confess or did LE find Bonnie's body?

I sure hope LE located or will locate Bonnie's remains so the family can have some closer. Strengthen the case also.

JMO

At a 3:30 p.m. press conference at the Alton Police Department, Alton Police Chief Jason Simmons and Madison County State's Attorney Tom Gibbons announced the remains of Woodward had been discovered in a secluded area of Jersey County, which had previously been searched shortly after Woodward went missing from her place of employment, Eunice Smith Nursing Home in Alton, on June 25, 2010.

(Snipped)

It was not that research explicitly, but a tip from the public, which led to the renewed search on the property near Creek Road for Woodward's body, both Simmons and Gibbons implied.

They thanked the multi-jurisdictional work of the Alton Police Department, Illinois State Police CSI and forensics team and both the Madison and Jersey County Sheriff's Offices for their work in the case. Simmons said authorities worked together to dig in the wet and cold dirt and mud to recover evidence to give Woodward's family closure on the cold case.

https://www.riverbender.com/article...gree-murder-in-bonnie-woodward-case-27935.cfm

Police: Man killed missing Madison County woman, burned her body in 2010
http://www.kmov.com/story/37942712/...ns-2010-disappearance-to-be-released-thursday
(Video at link)
ALTON, Ill. (KMOV.com) – A suspect has been charged with murder in the case of a mother of four who went missing in 2010.
Roger Carroll is currently being held without bail on two counts of first-degree murder and one count of concealing a homicide in relation to Bonnie Woodward’s disappearance. According to charging documents obtained by the Belleville News-Democrat, Carroll shot and killed Woodward on June 25, 2010, the day she was reported missing. After killing her, Carroll allegedly burned her body in a fire.
50e61e8ff9461bbba77cc28b9187e268.jpg

Roger Carroll was charged with two counts of first-degree murder and concealing a homicide (Credit: Police)
[...]

I'm a bit confused with the connection of Carroll. Was there something about how they knew each other in any of the articles?

I'm a bit confused with the connection of Carroll. Was there something about how they knew each other in any of the articles?

Never mind...I read the article that stated the daughter who ran away was staying with Carroll and his wife. Which leads me to really be confused! What was Carroll doing or thinking when he killed Bonnie? I'm sure we'll find out a bit more now that he's been arrested but it really seems messed up to think her step daughter was staying with the man and his wife who killed her step mother. Something tells me this will be one interesting story when it's all said and done.

Never mind...I read the article that stated the daughter who ran away was staying with Carroll and his wife. Which leads me to really be confused! What was Carroll doing or thinking when he killed Bonnie? I'm sure we'll find out a bit more now that he's been arrested but it really seems messed up to think her step daughter was staying with the man and his wife who killed her step mother. Something tells me this will be one interesting story when it's all said and done.

Actually Heather was reported missing first. Then Bonnie. Then a few weeks later Heather was found.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.stlt...e146d23a-b09c-58da-a7c7-5e664fec1ec7.amp.html

I live very close to this case. Used to live in Jersey County until 1995. But I am 8 minutes from Jerseyville now.

Murder suspect Carroll transferred to Jersey County Jail, held without bond

https://www.thetelegraph.com/news/article/Murder-suspect-Carroll-transferred-to-Jersey-12841499.php

JERSEYVILLE — Murder suspect Roger W. Carroll has been transferred to the Jersey County Jail, where he is being held pending an arraignment in Jersey County on a first-degree murder and other charges in the 2010 death of Bonnie Woodward.

Carroll was being held without bond in the Madison County Jail since March 22 when his bond was revoked in a 2010 obstruction of justice case related to Bonnie Woodward’s stepdaughter, Heather Woodward. The younger Woodward later appeared at the East Alton Public Library. That case is pending.

'I Killed for You:' Roger Carroll's Ex-Wife, Others Testify in his Murder Case | RiverBender.com

'I Killed for You:' Roger Carroll's Ex-Wife, Others Testify in his Murder Case

Monica Carroll, the defendant’s wife, said when they drove to Goreville to visit Monica’s parents, she and Heather Woodward drove in one car and Roger and Nathan Carroll in the other. Roger and Nathan left before breakfast and didn’t tell anyone they were leaving or why, she said.

Monica also said she arrived home that day she saw a big brush pile burning. She said she saw Roger pick up brush and ashes after the fire was out with his tractor and headed downhill toward the creek with the remains of the brush pile and ashes.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back