Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

One of my best friends' Dad worked with GR at Kenworth for years. It was smack dab in the middle of GR's "hunting zone". BF's Dad said he was suspected to be the GRK for so long, it became a (sick) "joke" amongst GR and some of his co-workers. :eek:o_O:(

and THE GRK (The Green River Killer) aka Gary Ridgeway was hiding in plain sight as an average joe. Not even a genius or criminal mastermind either.

Some people are creatures of habit and always do things on certain days and their habits become known over a period of time. Going to the dump of itself would not take long but generally this would be done on the way to or from doing something else as well like shopping for example.
E.g. old fred always goes to market on Mondays so that's when I'll plan it. He's always gone at least 4 or 5 hours. And Dick his neighbour will be at work too.

JMO.
In my understanding of the area, BG would be more concerned in knowing if someone was home at KW’s property, than RL’s.

VERY, VERY great article on what GEDMATCH has accomplished in 2019 & a fantastic crime solving tool!!!
"Moore said the company is now fielding calls for help in decades-old cases as interest grows in this technique. Since May, the company has helped provide law enforcement with identifications in 43 cases, she said."
It took over 20 years to find this man, who killed 2 beautiful 17 year old girls. (Warning: Heartbreaking.) He was a truck driver/minister. (You can not out-pray murder!)
High profile arrest led Alabama police to genealogy testing

look out all you killers in your dirty hidey holes..now that you are old and comfy and thinking you got away with it...you better start worrying because LE has your genes and can find you and put you where you most belong, behind bars!

and THE GRK (The Green River Killer) aka Gary Ridgeway was hiding in plain sight as an average joe. Not even a genius or criminal mastermind either.

Gary Ridgeway was nearly marginal, and just a lazy killer, he was totally unaccomplished and it is absolutely amazing he wasn't caught sooner..it's almost like he didn't even ever worry about getting caught.

he was sick sick sick, and no one noticed. mOO

I'd said awhile back I have my own, unprofessional profile. I can't get my thoughts to run together so here it comes in no particular order.

He may work nights in a pretty isolated career (not lots of coworkers). Like night security or something.

His neighbors may not know him due to his work/sleep schedules.

He may keep curtains drawn at all times.

I think he's average in intelligence and looks and totally off radars. You wouldn't think he's super smart or ugly or really good looking. He's not a jock or a bully or involved in community in any way.

I asked awhile back if there are any strip joints nearby. You can go in quietly, stay away from the stage, and leave just as anonymously.

I doubt anyone has ever pegged him as weird. Maybe quiet.

I don't think he's been married or has a girlfriend. I just see him as going about his life in a very anonymous, quiet way.

You all may tell me how completely wrong I am someday! Or right. Who knows!

Gary Ridgeway was nearly marginal, and just a lazy killer, he was totally unaccomplished and it is absolutely amazing he wasn't caught sooner..it's almost like he didn't even ever worry about getting caught.

he was sick sick sick, and no one noticed. mOO

crazy, isn't it? So shocked he wasn't caught either. He didn't even really try to hide in any shape or fashion. Women gave his name to SPD for years and I guess they just didn't follow up on it or couldn't gather any evidence against him. Having a car tail him might have worked!

I'd said awhile back I have my own, unprofessional profile. I can't get my thoughts to run together so here it comes in no particular order.

He may work nights in a pretty isolated career (not lots of coworkers). Like night security or something.

I think he's average in intelligence and looks and totally off radars. You wouldn't think he's super smart or ugly or really good looking. He's not a jock or a bully or involved in community in any way.

I asked awhile back if there are any strip joints nearby. You can go in quietly, stay away from the stage, and leave just as anonymously.

I don't think he's been married or has a girlfriend. I just see him as going about his life in a very anonymous, quiet way.

Or he is in plain sight. not hiding has a job, interacts with lots of people. Is friendly, Mr. Nice guy next door attends Church works with kids.
The flipside of the creepy loner. I really wish the real BG would be arrested and ASAP.

Or he is in plain sight. not hiding has a job, interacts with lots of people. Is friendly, Mr. Nice guy next door attends Church works with kids.
The flipside of the creepy loner. I really wish the real BG would be arrested and ASAP.
I'm inclined to agree that he has a regular job and no one would suspect him. I also think he's not married and perhaps doesn't socialize much outside of work obligations. His social life is online and in his head, imo - until he roams around looking for a victim.

Yuck, I'm scaring myself.

jmo

Great thoughts..."The guy lives next door, but we never see him. He waves to us when he heads off to work at 9:30 pm" kind of scenario??
Employer not concerned ....because daytime is his time off. Most employers expect workers to be available 8 to 5 pm on a work day. They keep track via GPS on company vehicles, call your cell phone, time clock, meal & hotel receipts, etc. Hmmm, and combined with, most parents don't worry about young teens in the middle of the day.
YES, someone who works nights, has Mondays off, or works the school schedule....alrightee...
I Am Still Guessing (IASG! those are my initials on this case).
I apologize for putting our kind poster :)FromGermany:) on the spot. I am eager to read about all the cases that will be solved with this GEDMATCH process.

Every one of your amateur profiles is right. He could be a loner, an extrovert, a weirdo, a pillar of the community....any of the above.

He could be anyone. There isn’t a one profile fits all murderer. And that’s what’s so scary.

Amateur opinion and speculation.

Hope is what we have right now and the faith that I have in LE is unshakable right now as well.

Where some people seem to have lost a little bit of faith in LE's investigation since April, my faith has just grown stronger and stronger every time they release a little tidbit.

(Although I am still completely puzzled by many things, such as how the perp. may end up looking both like sketch #1 and sketch #2 if LE has said they are two different people!):eek:

JMO

I’m right with you keeping the faith, LE is closing in on this guy.

The confusing part of the sketches for me were that the height and weight weren’t changed. So I assume NSG and OSG were in the same body stature range. I guess it’s actually a common range for men.

ED:typo

Last edited:
Interesting, the older sketch was already sidelined during the second anniversary press conference. Many commented here at that time, noting how it was noticeably de-emphasized.

So I think the investigation had already taken on a “new direction” prior to Feb/19 and asking the public for that “one tip” once again was out of necessity to hopefully aid in identification, this time of a younger suspect.

BBM - This was interesting.

The “new direction” probably did occur before the Feb 2019 PC. I thought I read something about resubmitting evidence or receiving a response from resubmitting evidence in January 2019 - if true, my guess would be that might have been what caused the change in direction.

BBM - This was interesting.

The “new direction” probably did occur before the Feb 2019 PC. I thought I read something about resubmitting evidence or receiving a response from resubmitting evidence in January 2019 - if true, my guess would be that might have been what caused the change in direction.
Here's what you probably remembered. Tobe Leazenby talking exclusively to Radar online in Jan 2019 re some new evidence. If someone could C/P or summarise 10% that would be good. I cannot access it. (Europe).

Cops Send Evidence To FBI In Indiana Teens Abigail Williams & Liberty German’s Murder

ETA Margarita had put this in the media thread so I C/P from there.

“We sent more evidence to the FBI at Quantico just before Christmas,” Sheriff Leazenby told Radar in an exclusive interview and said they were doing “DNA testing research,” with regards to the case.”

Snip

“This case is still very active. We’ve had 36,000 tips about Abby and Liberty and we thoroughly investigate every single one of them,” Sheriff Leazenby told Radar about the teens who were killed near the Monon Bridge where they captured video of their killer on Snapchat.”

Last edited:
I still wonder how he managed to pull this off. -so far.
If he was on the "hunt" that day.. I wouldn't think he had 2 girls in mind especially if this was his first time. You would think he would have waited for the right time with another victim that was alone.
I have said before.. it seems mighty brazen to do this in the middle of the day and to take on 2. He must have seen them either get dropped off or knew they didn't have friends or a parent at the bridge with them.
-just a thought-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member