CA CA - Wesley Billingsly, 24, San Diego, 12 Jun 2018

Jun 25, 2018
Mother Pleads for Help Finding Missing Son
Last seen by friends in Pacific Beach on June 12, 2018.

Around that time he was "couch surfing" at three friends' homes. One on Haines Street, another apartment on Diamond Street; and the other, on Grand Avenue.

“Something in my gut tells me something is wrong so we just started reaching out and calling people,” explained Christel, holding back tears.

No calls, texts, or social media posts have come from Wesley, something that Christel and his friends said is far from the norm.

His black Ford Expedition with California license plate 6HIN781 is also gone without a trace.

Aug 17, 2018
Mother Posts Flyers, Pleas for Information on Missing Son's Birthday
Christel said that her son graduated from San Diego State University in 2016 and moved back home to Sacramento for a short time before returning to San Diego. She said San Diego had become Wesley's home and is where his heart is.

Oct 30, 2018
$3,000 reward remains for information regarding missing SDSU alumnus
In an effort to continue spreading the word about Wesley’s disappearance, his mother recently created a Facebook page titled “Help Find Wesley Billingsly,” where people can find more information regarding his case.

He was supposed to meet up with friends on the evening of Tuesday, June 12 but did not show up, according to his mother. She said his phone had been turned off during that whole evening.

Wes lived in my son's apartment in PB in early 2018. He keeps in touch with Wes's mom and sends her prayers. Him and his roommates had to go through an eviction process to kick him out. He was not in a good place at the time.
So sad. I met him once while visiting my son. He lived 2 blocks from the beach and did not have a legal job. Moo

Last edited:
I assume they interviewed the friends.
Did he look to stay on couches of people who were not his friends? Like a couch surfing profile or craigslist?

I hate to ask but did he have a substance problem? Marijuana is legal in california so anyone over 21 can go into a store and buy it. Point being, for other drugs he would have to meet a dealer if so.
yes, I believe he had problems with drugs. Moo

Wes lived in my son's apartment in PB in early 2018. He keeps in touch with Wes's mom and sends her prayers. Him and his roommates had to go through an eviction process to kick him out. He was not in a good place at the time.
So sad. I met him once while visiting my son. He lived 2 blocks from the beach and did not have a legal job. Moo

They had to go through a process to evict wes?
Why

They had to go through a process to evict wes?
Why

My son just told me that they tried to kick him out for some time then I guess all the roommates had to write a letter to the landlord in order for him to leave. That is the terminology my son used so I just repeated it. He said he wouldn't leave and stopped paying rent. He was also hanging around with a bad crowd and bringing them back to the apartment. He is a good kid, I think he got mixed up with the wrong people. Moo

Last edited:

May I ask what you mean by not having a “legal” job?

So there’s really NO other info? I just saw his missing posters again this month. No one else has any other info of his day to day habits? What he liked to do? Where he hung out? It’s just so strange to be couch surfing but yet now one knows anything about this guy.

So there’s really NO other info? I just saw his missing posters again this month. No one else has any other info of his day to day habits? What he liked to do? Where he hung out? It’s just so strange to be couch surfing but yet now one knows anything about this guy.
Welcome to Websleuths, shelbzolla. :)

I don't think there is any new information here, but this video was published about a week ago (June 12):

One year after his disappearance, a mom continues to search for her missing son in San Diego

JUN 13, 2019
Year After Disappearance, Mom Returns to PB in Search of Son
A Northern California woman, the mother of a missing San Diego State University graduate, returned to Pacific Beach on Wednesday to hand out flyers a year after her son's disappearance.

Wesley Billingsly reportedly disappeared on June 12, 2018 when the then-24-year-old was staying with various friends in Pacific Beach. On that day, he was supposed to meet up with friends, but never showed up.

Christel Billingsly, of Sacramento, has not given up hope and returned to San Diego on Wednesdsay to renew the search for her son.

[...]

Wesley Keith Billingsly – The Charley Project

billingsly_wesley2.jpg
billingsly_wesley3.jpg
billingsly_wesley6.jpg
billingsly_wesley7.jpg
billingsly_wesley8.jpg

• Missing Since 06/12/2018
  • Missing From San Diego, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 08/17/1993 (27)
  • Age 24 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'8, 140 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Billingsly has multiple tattoos, including the flying ghosts with fangs from Ghostbusters in red, white, green and black ink on his upper right arm at the shoulder, and a Japanese character right below the ghosts.
Details of Disappearance
Billingsly was last seen in San Diego, California on June 12, 2018. At the time of his disappearance, he was staying back and forth between three friends' homes in the Pacific Beach neighborhood: one on Haines Street, one on Diamond Street and one on Grand Avenue. He was supposed to meet with friends on June 13 to help them move, but never arrived.

He has never been heard from again. His vehicle, a black Ford Expedition with the license plate number 6HIN781, was found abandoned in the South Bay area of San Diego two months after his disappearance. Some of his personal belongings were inside the vehicle, but there was no sign of him.

Billingsly is a 2016 graduate of San Diego State University. He is originally from Sacramento, California, and he moved back there for a short time after college, before returning to San Diego. It's uncharacteristic of him to leave without warning, but the circumstances of his disappearance are unclear.

I’m curious as to the age and value of his Ford Expedition—thinking that more value points toward a bad ending, but that a car of very little value might be something he was willing to walk away from.

The speculation I've seen through the years has been tough to read so I'm going to jump in here...I personally knew Wes from college and can verify his substance struggles and transient living situation. He was a well-meaning guy but as others have said, wasn't in a great place. Hung out with a bad crowd, extremely unreliable with money, and always doing things like driving to South Bay to "meet someone" before a "night out in PB." No one can know for certain what happened, but I could probably bet money he was involved in a deal gone wrong or stiffed the wrong person. Keep in mind they found his truck in a higher-crime area of San Diego, near the border...

The speculation I've seen through the years has been tough to read so I'm going to jump in here...I personally knew Wes from college and can verify his substance struggles and transient living situation. He was a well-meaning guy but as others have said, wasn't in a great place. Hung out with a bad crowd, extremely unreliable with money, and always doing things like driving to South Bay to "meet someone" before a "night out in PB." No one can know for certain what happened, but I could probably bet money he was involved in a deal gone wrong or stiffed the wrong person. Keep in mind they found his truck in a higher-crime area of San Diego, near the border...
Welcome to Websleuths, @sleuthdaddy1, and for sharing what you know about Wes. Very sad. MOO

Wesley Keith Billingsly – The Charley Project

Last updated June 9, 2021; distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.

• Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian male. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Billingsly has multiple tattoos, including the flying ghost with fangs in red, white, green and black ink on his upper right arm at the shoulder, and a Japanese character right below the ghost. A photo of one of the tattoos is posted with this case summary.
Details of Disappearance
Billingsly was last seen in San Diego, California on June 12, 2018. He was supposed to meet with friends on June 13 to help them move, but never arrived. He has never been heard from again.

He had been working at an advertising agency, but lost his job, and missed the rent on his apartment; his roommates asked him to leave. At the time of his disappearance, he was staying back and forth between three friends' homes in the Pacific Beach neighborhood: one on Haines Street, one on Diamond Street and one on Grand Avenue. He hadn't told his mother about his situation; she was under the impression that he was still working at the ad agency and living with his roommates in his previous apartment.

Two months after Billingsly's disappearance, his vehicle, a black Ford Expedition with the license plate number 6HIN781, was found abandoned on a city street in the South Bay area of San Diego. Some of his personal belongings were inside the car, but there was no sign of him.

Billingsly is a 2016 graduate of San Diego State University. He is originally from Sacramento, California, and he moved back there for a short time after college, before returning to San Diego. It's uncharacteristic of him to leave without warning, but the circumstances of his disappearance are unclear.

I wasn't aware of this case, or about Wesley, until today. My daughter (age 23) just moved to this area last month, and she too is a graduate of SDSU (2020). I was just out there for her "live" graduation 2 weeks ago! She was at the grocery store yesterday and saw one of his fliers :( Very sad and haunting. Even if it's true he was involved with the wrong people, and maybe had experience with drugs, he is obviously very beloved by his mother and I can't even begin to imagine her grief and constant worry. I have a really bad feeling about his absence because I don't think he'd leave his mother with no contact or answers - I have no knowledge obviously, it's just my 'gut' feeling. I follow so many missing persons cases, and I have always been dumbfounded how people can just vanish.....this is such a densely populated area, and as some have mentioned, feels like a safe southern California beach community.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back