Resolved MI - Jackson Co., WhtMale UP8183, 23-35, blonde, tie-dye TShirt, Aug'86 - Name withheld

I have a REALLY GOOD possible match for this UID.

The heights match, the hair color matches, the dates match, the weights match, and also the JD was found in Norvell Township, MI, which is only 40 minutes away from Ann Arbor.

Here’s the link to his NAMUS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

His name is Robert Stuewe and I think the reconstruction looks a lot like him.

I agree. You should send that in
I sent it in to the Ann Arbor PD. I’ve only sent in a few matches for different cases so I’m not the best at the sort of stuff. Is there someone at the PD I should specifically talk to?

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this but this UID has been identified as Robert Lee Stuewe, who I submitted in March of 2019. I got the confirmation this morning and was told nothing else since it is an open homicide investigation. His NamUs is still up and everything so I'm not sure if I wasn't supposed to say anything or not but whoops! We can put this thread in the identified section when his NamUs gets taken down. Shoutout to everyone on the thread for helping me with my first solve!

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this but this UID has been identified as Robert Lee Stuewe, who I submitted in March of 2019. I got the confirmation this morning and was told nothing else since it is an open homicide investigation. His NamUs is still up and everything so I'm not sure if I wasn't supposed to say anything or not but whoops! We can put this thread in the identified section when his NamUs gets taken down. Shoutout to everyone on the thread for helping me with my first solve!

Great job identifying him! :)

Wow! He was so close to his home all these years...

So the JD that was found was Robert Lee Stuewe? Just want to make sure I read that correctly? My uncle is Bobby Glen Stephens. We declared him dead in 2006 because we were finalizing my grandparents estate after they passed away. We never had a body, and just wanted some sort of closure, although we would've rather had full, complete closure. His only sibling, my mother, passed away in 2011. My brother and I are the only ones still alive. If anyone has any other information I would really appreciate it!

So the JD that was found was Robert Lee Stuewe? Just want to make sure I read that correctly? My uncle is Bobby Glen Stephens. We declared him dead in 2006 because we were finalizing my grandparents estate after they passed away. We never had a body, and just wanted some sort of closure, although we would've rather had full, complete closure. His only sibling, my mother, passed away in 2011. My brother and I are the only ones still alive. If anyone has any other information I would really appreciate it!
Yes, he is Robert Lee Stuewe. Law enforcement hasn’t announced it yet but they went ahead and told me since it was my tip.

Does he have a Websleuths thread on here or a page on NamUs? I’d love to take a look for you and I’m sure others would too.

Does he have a Websleuths thread on here or a page on NamUs? I’d love to take a look for you and I’m sure others would too.

I searched but didn't see a thread for him on WS....I think the new thread goes under Missing But Not Forgotten 1980s...If you need help let me know...

**I think the Moderators will move this thread to Identified...You probably have to notify them..

I searched but didn't see a thread for him on WS....I think the new thread goes under Missing But Not Forgotten 1980s...If you need help let me know...

**I think the Moderators will move this thread to Identified...You probably have to notify them..
I’m thinking I’ll do that after LE makes the announcement.

Excuse me but I have a question. I recently sent an email to a case manger on Namus about an unidentified body because I believed I had matched her with a missing person. The case manager has not replied so far. How long should I wait for a response and if they do decide to look in to the tip, about how long does it take for them to either confirm it or rule it out. Also do the NAMUS case managers check all their emails and investigate the tips sent in. I'm sorry for the questions but I'm brand new to this and I think I found a very good match to an unidentified person.

Excuse me but I have a question. I recently sent an email to a case manger on Namus about an unidentified body because I believed I had matched her with a missing person. The case manager has not replied so far. How long should I wait for a response and if they do decide to look in to the tip, about how long does it take for them to either confirm it or rule it out. Also do the NAMUS case managers check all their emails and investigate the tips sent in. I'm sorry for the questions but I'm brand new to this and I think I found a very good match to an unidentified person.
I usually don’t go through the NamUs case manager since they sometimes don’t reply. The police department whose case it is should be listed on the NamUs profile. Try contacting them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back