NM NM - Patty Pritz, 14, & Mattie Restine, 13, Carlsbad, 11 Aug 1961 - #2

minerman61162, you might talk to the Eddy County Prosecutor's Office. That office usually has a Victim Advocate. You & Mattie's sister are both victims of this crime. The prosecutor's office should be able to locate SS1950 & provide her with your contact information, or let you know that SS1950 is deceased.

JMHO YMMV

I have learned in C.R. that every one who has a hurt, habit or a hang-up, it's developed from a root cause in their childhood. I believe because of what happened to my half Sister and Mattie helped cause my Mother to go insane, also
affected my full blooded Sister and myself. I started drinking wine Vicki would give me, which led to weed then meth,
LSD and opiates. All to self medicate and cover up the pain we all had. I watched my Sister Vicki slowly kill herself over 30 yrs with heroin, when she over dosed at my Dad's home in 07' or 08' her pain was over. I believe the same fate was looking for me and my addiction to meth. So I was an addict from the age of 12 yrs. old to the age of 52 able to keep an excellent job, 29 yrs at my current job, I was a functioning addict. I finally turned my life around when I found C.R. and
Jesus Christ changed my life! 2 Corinthians 5:17. I was told by a person at C.R. that a certain person confessed to him
that it was his father that killed Patty and Mattie. That killer rolled his vehicle and suffered the rest of his life till death.

Thank you Laughing, I will always be a work still in progress! Sorry I didn't see this post sooner, I was stuck on 19 still
plus was off Monday for Celebrate Recovery. I always take that day vacation off when on afternoon shift so I don't miss any Monday nights. This is only computer I have besides my iPhone and not comfortable using it. lol

I’m just finding this site now, and one of the persons questioned in the case from an article I read was Robert Sanders jr of Hobbes N.M. This man raped my grandmother after strangling her and thinking she was dead in Santa Fe in 1979 - I was 3 when it happened. He had previously kidnapped and raped an 8 year old in 1962 in Lea County. I am so sorry for all of the family of these two girls. I can send photos of the article mentioning his questioning in your case, I don’t know if your family looked into him. I don’t know if these things ever really heal in families. But it sounded like some were desperate for closure for a very long time.

I’m just finding this site now, and one of the persons questioned in the case from an article I read was Robert Sanders jr of Hobbes N.M. This man raped my grandmother after strangling her and thinking she was dead in Santa Fe in 1979 - I was 3 when it happened. He had previously kidnapped and raped an 8 year old in 1962 in Lea County. I am so sorry for all of the family of these two girls. I can send photos of the article mentioning his questioning in your case, I don’t know if your family looked into him. I don’t know if these things ever really heal in families. But it sounded like some were desperate for closure for a very long time.
Welcome to Ws.Bouchervideo!
So sorry about the terrible thing your grandmother went through, cannot yet find the news link about Patty and Mattie, but found this- same guy?
Hobbs Flare, February 2, 1967 : Front p.
Hobbs Flare, February 2, 1967 : Front p.
newspaperarchive.com

Thanks for the article Bouchervideo. So sorry to hear of the rape and attempted murder of your grandmother. It is so crazy that these predators can’t be caught In this life and pay, But believe this, they will pay in the next life! It does sound like that Robert Sanders Junior could’ve been involved. I believe the predators that killed Patty and Mattie are dead now. I would just like to keep my half-sister, Patty Sue Pritz, and Mattie’s memory still alive. Hopefully they both rest in peace now.

My Mother did have days of clarity when she would take her medicine, (Thorazine) along with other prescription drugs.
I remember her telling me about Patty and her older sister Connie, how disciplined they were. Connie died of complications after battling lung cancer, never smoked a day of her life! I knew Connie and her family.
I was shocked to read that Mom let Patty date at such a young age, and about the diary Patty had.
I would like to let SS1950 know that she is not the only family member that gives a c---. I'm referring to a post she made
#40, Sep. 1, 2009. I really wish I could chat with her. Wonder if still alive?
I'm still alive. I've taken a break from working the case. Glad to.hear you're interested in the case.
I know you are a victim in this horrible murder just as my family.
I lost my mother when she was 55 yrs old. One heart attack and she's gone. The last thing she said to me was take care of your dad and find out who killed Mattie. So here I am...
Started earnestly working on it in 1998.

I have a question for anybody who can answer. Early on in this thread there were a bunch of pages from the official investivation of this case. Have these been permanently removed? The reason why I ask is because I recently spoke with a NM state cop who I work with on occassion and he became currious about the case. I know that these files were probably permanently deleted due to an ongoing investigation, but i thought I would ask just in case. The guy has over 30 years experience in LE so I wanted to get his unoffical take on this case. If these files are no longer available then I guess I will just send him links to theses threads.

Yes, the Eddy County Sheriff's Department removed the documents. Told me I couldn't put anything from their investigation on here. Threatened me ...
As far as the NM State Police goes they weren't much help. I wrote 2 letters to their office. Finally one of the head officers called me. Told me they didn't have anything in there evidence or records related to the case. He politely told me to not get on he Achilles tendon if I knew what he was saying. Well, I knew what he was saying and thanked him for his valuable time.

Hello Sunshine 1950. I'm so glad to hear from you! I thought this thread was going to end with my last post so I haven't been looking at it since the last of April. I was running out of things to say and thought would check one more time to see if anyone posted anything else. I didn't expect to see you but so thankful i did!
I don't know what else we can do to help solve this cold case besides keeping Mattie and Patty's memory still alive.
On one of my earlier posts i said that wasn't sure what was legal to post here, so i don't want to drop any accusations with names. Someone told me they knew who did kidnap, rape and murder the girls, but are definitely dead now.
The son of one said his father confessed to him he did it. Also said they suffered before dying after a car wreck.
The only peace i can get out of this is to say that i forgive that person and whoever else was involved!
Well, i close for now. Hope you are doing well! Love D.D.

Hello,
I’m from Carlsbad, NM. Ive been obsessed with true Crime and unsolved mysteries my whole life. I’m fairly young, and was not alive when this case happened. But I’ve researched a lot and have those people who were alive give me information on the case. I’ve been looking at this case for awhile, and would really like to try to get some more exposure for it. It’s so exciting to see that there has been some activity on this thread as of recent.

I looked for contact info on the Mattie and Patty website that Mattie’s sister created and was unable to find anything. So if one of the family members would be willing to talk I think I can help get this case out there.

Hello,
I’m from Carlsbad, NM. Ive been obsessed with true Crime and unsolved mysteries my whole life. I’m fairly young, and was not alive when this case happened. But I’ve researched a lot and have those people who were alive give me information on the case. I’ve been looking at this case for awhile, and would really like to try to get some more exposure for it. It’s so exciting to see that there has been some activity on this thread as of recent.

I looked for contact info on the Mattie and Patty website that Mattie’s sister created and was unable to find anything. So if one of the family members would be willing to talk I think I can help get this case out there.
Welcome to Ws TrueCrime15!

I don't know of any help that I can give other than what I've already posted here, but would be willing to talk.
Sunshine 1950 has way more information than I do.
Half Brother to Patty; D.D.

I don't know of any help that I can give other than what I've already posted here, but would be willing to talk.
Sunshine 1950 has way more information than I do.
Half Brother to Patty; D.D.

I've heard a lot of speculation over my time looking into this case. I'd really like to know what facts Mattie's sister can give me. As well as be able to communicate with the both of you. I watch a lot of missing persons cases on youtube and also listen to true crime podcasts. I have been in contact with some of these people to try to get some exposure out about these two girls. There are so many advances in technology and new methods now, I have faith that this case can still be solved.

I've heard a lot of speculation over my time looking into this case. I'd really like to know what facts Mattie's sister can give me. As well as be able to communicate with the both of you. I watch a lot of missing persons cases on youtube and also listen to true crime podcasts. I have been in contact with some of these people to try to get some exposure out about these two girls. There are so many advances in technology and new methods now, I have faith that this case can still be solved.
Check out this earlier thread..
NM - NM - Patty Pritz, 14, & Mattie Restine, 13, Carlsbad, 11 Aug 1961 - #1

I'm on here, but can't spend as much time as I would like.
I just major surgery and going to have another soon. I will try to be on here later this month . Thank you all for caring about Mattie and Patty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back