GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fingerprints/DNA on the rock? Presumably no further incidents anyway.
That all depends on how porous the rock is. As the fingerprint sit, fats spread and saturate the surface of the rock and amino acids break apart. Also depends on how rugged the rock is. A fingerprint from a rock wouldn't be conclusive. I'm not even sure that Police Scotland would DNA or fingerprint a rock in a vandalism or criminal damage case but this is only my opinion.

I still find it a bit strange that AC's mother hasn't moved. Not excusing any behaviour made towards her nor critising her judgement,but I think I would have made a new start somewhere else.
I understand what you mean but she really shouldn't have to move. It's her home and the upheaval for her daughter at such an important stage in her education is also a factor.
Making a new start elsewhere isn't as easy as it sounds, making a new home, making new friends and enrolling in a new school.
I wouldn't move if it was me, i would never give these cowards the satisfaction. They didn't even have the balls to confront her face to face, the best they could do was smash some windows during the night.
Her son carried out the crime, she called the police and gave them the evidence used to convict him. She has nothing to be ashamed of.

I understand what you mean but she really shouldn't have to move. It's her home and the upheaval for her daughter at such an important stage in her education is also a factor.
Making a new start elsewhere isn't as easy as it sounds, making a new home, making new friends and enrolling in a new school.
I wouldn't move if it was me, i would never give these cowards the satisfaction. They didn't even have the balls to confront her face to face, the best they could do was smash some windows during the night.
Her son carried out the crime, she called the police and gave them the evidence used to convict him. She has nothing to be ashamed of.
Of course she shouldn't leave for the sake of getting away from bullies and I take your point about the daughter's stage in her education and the fact that it was her son that committed the offence. Maybe she will leave in the near future? It's the memories of what happened that I think would haunt me regardless of the fact that I was blameless - but I am not in her shoes.

Of course she shouldn't leave for the sake of getting away from bullies and I take your point about the daughter's stage in her education and the fact that it was her son that committed the offence. Maybe she will leave in the near future? It's the memories of what happened that I think would haunt me regardless of the fact that I was blameless - but I am not in her shoes.
Yes, i totally get that. Like someone mentioned before, maybe she can't sell the house.

Yeah. I can imagine if she moved it wouldn't take long for the newspapers to let everyone know where she is.

True,although so far they haven't bothered plastering his fathers face and location all over the papers,even though he was present in the home and marriage and didnt give up on his son until the trial :rolleyes:

Yes and as stated before her daughter is in school , exam year , and also all of her friends are on bute why should she have to suffer ?

I think everyone involved on both sides has suffered more than enough already:(
It's a shame not everyone on the island can see it the way you do Deano.
The only person who should be suffering is AC,and he is probably the only one who doesnt think about the long lasting effects at all:mad:

Personally, I’d try my hardest to move but having said that, I don’t think she should feel under any obligation to because she’s done nothing wrong! Without her evidence it’s highly likely a sadistic rapist and killer would still have his liberty. I do believe she’s had her house up for sale but no one will touch it, so she’s left in a sort of limbo. She needs to be left alone to try and rebuild what’s left of a shattered life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member