CO - Darlene Krashoc, 20, murdered, Colorado Springs, 17 March 1987 *ARREST in 2019*

Didn't Colorado have prisoners that took care of horses...just a thought...but control I would surmise would be the issue

No Idea honestly, but I missopke whn I said Ive never seen a wire hanger used as a murder weapon, I know Lawrence Bittaker and Roy Norris used that very method to kill many of their victims,

I've never personally seen it

There has been an arrest in this case!!!

Arrest made in Colorado Springs cold case, 20-year-old female Fort Carson soldier murdered

Colorado Springs Police announced the arrest of 58-year-old Michael Whyte on Friday for the murder of Darlene Krashoc. Krashoc, 20 at the time, was found dead behind the Korean Club Restaurant on March 17, 1987. Krashoc was an active duty soldier stationed at Fort Carson, assigned to the 73rd Maintenance Company. Police say she was out the night before with members of her unit at a local club named Shuffles. She was last seen leaving the club between midnight and 1 in the morning.

Police arrest suspect in Colorado Springs 1987 cold case

DNA evidence leads to arrest of Thornton man in 1987 strangulation of Fort Carson soldier
The man now suspected in a decades-old Colorado Springs cold case was taken into custody Thursday afternoon in a suburban subdivision.

According to the Colorado Springs Police Department, genetic genealogy DNA analysis tied Michael Whyte to the March 17, 1987 slaying of Darlene Krashoc, an active duty soldier who was stationed at Fort Carson. Whyte now faces charges for first-degree murder, police said Friday afternoon.

He was arrested at his home in the 1500 block of East 131st Place in Thornton.

Over the years, the case went cold.

It was reopened for additional laboratory testing in 2004 and 2011, according to a news release from the Colorado Springs Police Department. That’s when investigators found an unknown DNA profile on several pieces of equipment. Police believed it belonged to a man.

This evidence was later submitted to the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Laboratory, which sought the services of a DNA company that uses DNA phenotyping. This analysis produced trait predictions for the suspect, allowing officers to distribute a composite photo in 2017.

ee60b005-40f2-435e-b241-3d8ea77134e2_750x422.jpg

[...]

I've yet to see a case where phenotyping was even close IMO.
but glad to see an arrest for Darlene

Last edited:
An El Paso County jury has reached a guilty verdict in a murder case that was cold for decades until DNA evidence led investigators to a suspect.

Michael Whyte was convicted Thursday in the 1987 killing of Darlene Krashoc.

Krashoc was an active duty soldier stationed at Fort Carson when she was slain on March 17, 1987. Her body was found behind a Colorado Springs restaurant by officers on routine patrol, and the coroner determined the 20-year-old had been strangled.

Verdict reached in cold case murder of Fort Carson soldier | 9news.com

Thanks to CSPD’s willingness to use emerging technology including DNA, Paul and Betsy Krashoc say tghey were able to look their daughter’s accused killer in the eyes decades after she was brutally murdered.

“They never quit working on it even when it went cold,” Paul told FOX21. “They never forgot. The job they did over the years, maintaining the evidence and maintaining the dna, I think they did a terrific, terrific job.”
Colorado Springs Police Department cracks down on cold cases

Wondering if any of you were at or watched the trial. It sounds like there was more than 1 DNA profile with Michael Whytes being the main one and there not being enough of the other to get a profile? Possible there was another person involved? Were the teeth imprints a match to Michael Whyte?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire13
Back