Germany Germany - Rebecca Reusch, 15, Berlin, 18 Feb 2019 #2

I wish that LE had pursued this, believing she is alive from the very beginning. But, they didn't. So they spent much time and money in trying to find a body. The dead are dead forever but the living can only become dead. There was never a sense of urgency to find an alive RR only to find a dead one. Makes no sense to me.

Only heartbreaking appeals from her family, and that the German profiler does not assume that Rebecca Reusch is dead and
could probably still alive.
The latest article that I could find is about clairvoyants who harass Rebecca's family..
Kinda sad.. the rollercoaster the
family goes through
Vermisste Rebecca Reusch aus Berlin: Hellseher belästigen ihre Familie Monate nach dem Verschwinden
I wish more was released concerning the argument at school etc. That coupled with her being quiet and withdrawn with her sister on Sunday afternoon as they played board games and being off her SM during that time frame points to a teen who is sad about what is going to transpire the next morning.

I wish more was released concerning the argument at school etc. That coupled with her being quiet and withdrawn with her sister on Sunday afternoon as they played board games and being off her SM during that time frame points to a teen who is sad about what is going to transpire the next morning.
^^
Second that!

I wonder if it wasn't an argument so much as being threatened with something by those boys. Something, that if they were caught or exposed, they would have been in deep trouble.
I wonder what the atmosphere or culture in that school is like. Is everyone afraid to talk and let LE know what they know?

Just checking in to see if there have been any updates to this case. Sadly, it doesn't seem so.
I do (almost daily) the same..and sadly I come to the same conclusion.
Just wished that the day she went missing the LE searched for her asap!
And really think that,... when it comes to minors,it should be done..even if it it just a routine check,....like tracing phones.
Well.. (sigh) MOO

I do (almost daily) the same..and sadly I come to the same conclusion.
Just wished that the day she went missing the LE searched for her asap!
And really think that,... when it comes to minors,it should be done..even if it it just a routine check,....like tracing phones.
Well.. (sigh) MOO
ITA It breaks my heart that they never looked for an alive RR only a dead one from the earliest moment. It just seems like an inexcusable mistake.

I think they were on the right track at first. They just couldn't find the evidence.
And waiting 3+ days because all teens are runaways is wrong. They need to change that attitude.
I personally do not think she's alive. I have a suspect in mind as I'm sure others do too. But yeah, proof, and evidence.
I lived in Hamburg for a while years ago, most of Germany is flat right? There wouldn't be any obvious hazards if people decided to search? What about hunting? Is that common in Germany in this area?
Maybe mushroom/berry pickers need to be told to keep an extra eye out.

I think they were on the right track at first. They just couldn't find the evidence.
And waiting 3+ days because all teens are runaways is wrong. They need to change that attitude.
I personally do not think she's alive. I have a suspect in mind as I'm sure others do too. But yeah, proof, and evidence.
I lived in Hamburg for a while years ago, most of Germany is flat right? There wouldn't be any obvious hazards if people decided to search? What about hunting? Is that common in Germany in this area?
Maybe mushroom/berry pickers need to be told to keep an extra eye out.
Germany isn't that flat as The Netherlands,went to the Black Forest last year and that area has many hills.

Hunting is common in Germany.
The area where BILs car was tracked (Brandenburg) does offer orginazed hunting trips.
I honestly could not tell from experience,but read that the former LE search area is very large,with rivers,lakes and caves.

I’m so sad this case is “going cold”

I’m wondering... I know we can’t discuss comments here but..
I remember a few of you had been on some of the German forums. I’m sure it’s slowed down a lot but probably not as much as here. Is anyone able to link the thread and/or read some and let us know if the case is still kind of alive elsewhere?
Sigh :(

I’m so sad this case is “going cold”

I’m wondering... I know we can’t discuss comments here but..
I remember a few of you had been on some of the German forums. I’m sure it’s slowed down a lot but probably not as much as here. Is anyone able to link the thread and/or read some and let us know if the case is still kind of alive elsewhere?
Sigh :(

I will have a look Dre! I have been very busy the last couple of months but when I have a bit more time I will check. Unless someone else who speaks German does before me.

Hi @Dre and everyone I just read through the last few pages in the German forum. They used to post dozens of pages per day, now it seems maybe one page/day. So yes it has slowed down a lot. Apparently there's really no news. They're discussing Max and FR, using msm sources from April and May. Going in circles as it happens here too when there's no movement in a case.

Rebecca's sister was recently on TV, in a talk show where she criticised police for using the wrong photo of R.

"Update from 18 June 2019: After the appearance of Vivien Reusch in the ZDF talk show by Markus Lanz, the police rejects the allegations in the case of missing Rebecca (15). The sister of Rebecca who disappeared without a trace on February 18, from Berlin, had accused the officials of having searched with the wrong photo for Rebecca. The picture, which was used by the police in the search, does not look like her sister, so the 23-year-old. According to her, the police would have had other shots to choose from, but opted for the visibly edited photo.
The police reject the allegations. As the Hamburger Morgenpost wants to have learned from investigator circles, it was Rebecca's family itself, who had chosen the photo for the public search.
In the past, Rebecca's photo, chosen by the police, repeatedly caused criticism. Also presenter Markus Lanz shows in the broadcast surprise, why this clearly visibly edited photo was selected to search for the girl. "I can not tell you. My family has given several pictures to the police, including passport pictures from the school. The police chose this image." The 23-year-old then even states that the photo used by the police does not look very similar to her little sister. "

Rebecca Reusch/Berlin: Vermissten-Experte äußert sich: „Denkbar wäre auch ...“ | Welt

Link also says there are no official searches anymore but the investigation continues.

Hi @Dre and everyone I just read through the last few pages in the German forum. They used to post dozens of pages per day, now it seems maybe one page/day. So yes it has slowed down a lot. Apparently there's really no news. They're discussing Max and FR, using msm sources from April and May. Going in circles as it happens here too when there's no movement in a case.

Rebecca's sister was recently on TV, in a talk show where she criticised police for using the wrong photo of R.

"Update from 18 June 2019: After the appearance of Vivien Reusch in the ZDF talk show by Markus Lanz, the police rejects the allegations in the case of missing Rebecca (15). The sister of Rebecca who disappeared without a trace on February 18, from Berlin, had accused the officials of having searched with the wrong photo for Rebecca. The picture, which was used by the police in the search, does not look like her sister, so the 23-year-old. According to her, the police would have had other shots to choose from, but opted for the visibly edited photo.
The police reject the allegations. As the Hamburger Morgenpost wants to have learned from investigator circles, it was Rebecca's family itself, who had chosen the photo for the public search.
In the past, Rebecca's photo, chosen by the police, repeatedly caused criticism. Also presenter Markus Lanz shows in the broadcast surprise, why this clearly visibly edited photo was selected to search for the girl. "I can not tell you. My family has given several pictures to the police, including passport pictures from the school. The police chose this image." The 23-year-old then even states that the photo used by the police does not look very similar to her little sister. "

Rebecca Reusch/Berlin: Vermissten-Experte äußert sich: „Denkbar wäre auch ...“ | Welt

Link also says there are no official searches anymore but the investigation continues.

I wonder why the family gave this picture to LE,to be honest.
I do remember when I was younger and my older sister was not at home after 3AM,my mom called the police to express her worries,police came and I was send upstairs to look for a recent picture of her.
We didn't have filters to edited pictures,back then but my mom and LE were very specific about that.

And while I was reading the Dutch msm about her disappearance, I wondererd about that why they used an edited picture:

"Police Berlin searches with edited Instagram photo for Rebecca (15): "Got no other"

The German police are searching for the missing Rebecca Reusch. The 15-year-old girl from Berlin has been missing since 18 February, but has still not been found. The police are calling on people to look forward to Reusch, but remarkably enough with an edited Instagram photo.

In that photo the girl has thicker lips than in real life, and a strikingly cool skin. In German media, this leads to the question to what extent the missing Rebecca looks like the photo she is looking for. The police have a simple explanation for the fact that this conscious photo is looking forward to Rebecca Reusch: they received no other from the family. ,, You can also recognize her in this photo. We depend on the photos we get from family, "a spokesperson told Welt. "But of course it makes no sense to make photos that don't seem public."

Her family tells news channel N-TV that there are hardly any unprocessed photos of Rebecca. "Only the photo of her creed last year," her father says. On the original missing poster that was spread by the family, there is indeed a photo on the top left that does not seem to have been photoshopped."

Privacy settings

I know, it is water under the bridge,but it seems like the investigation about her disappearance was doomed from the beginning.<Hope I am wrong about that>

Well,I still find it very strange/off that MSM still uses the photoshopped picture.But I like to add on @Elainera reply/translation on that forum,(that must have been covered by the many post there) that some members think ,it became such a high class missing case,because of the 'Lolita-look/photoshopped picture'
However,I don't think that people would recognise her on that day she went missing,by that picture that was used.

Also the missing blanket wasn't a detail,that should have made public, according to LE.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back