The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite place to go for afternoon tea is the Willow Tea rooms in Glasgow which were designed by Rennie Macintosh. They are worth a visit if you are ever over here.

On our two-week jaunt through UK, DH and I enjoyed afternoon tea at the famous Betty's Tea Room in York :)

:oops: I have a confession to make...

tenor.gif

:eek: I do not like...

ECZ4.gif

64-646808_ashamed-face-emoticon-clipart-caras-rojas-de-verguenza.png
TEA!

View attachment 188865 View attachment 188866

Did Prince Harry tell Meghan to 'turn around' at Trooping the Colour? Eagle-eyed royal fans think they spotted the Duke directing his wife on the balcony of Buckingham Palace

Did Prince Harry tell Meghan to 'turn around' at Trooping the Colour? | Daily Mail Online

This is making a lot of headlines in the U.K today.
I wish there was a dislike button. Lol!!
I think that's exactly what he did. I'm sure there are reasons for being stern. I just don't like it!

Do they really think she paid for them? Or that price? Designers want her in their clothes

They used to say the same thing about Diana too
But she got hell fire if she showed up in a dress she had worn before. You can’t just ever win in some public’s eyes, blah

(I do agree it looks like a tablecloth lol but love the engagement dress)
Your comment is a nice reminder

I don’t think the Duke of Sussex was being verbally abusive to the Duchess of Sussex he was just trying to ensure she was following royal protocol. You are not supposed to talk or turn your back on the Monarch especially on the balcony of Buckingham Palace when the national anthem is being played. The press particularly the DM would have went crazy if the Duchess turned her back to Her Majesty and the public. I fully believe the Duke of Sussex loves his wife very much and their relationship cannot be compared in any way to to his parents.

@floridagrrl I never thought you were being snippy. Thank you for being so kind and please know your contributions here are appreciated.
I think you are right. She is so loved by him that his bluntness probably throws her off. She does look like she's about to cry.
As for turning back.
Watch Camilla be so surprised William is moving his family to the other side. She turns in a full circle showing her back to the Queen. Even Charles and Ann glance over in surprise.

I wish there was a dislike button. Lol!!
I think that's exactly what he did. I'm sure there are reasons for being stern. I just don't like it!
;) Lip reader reveals EXACTLY what Harry said to Meghan in Trooping the Colour ‘telling off’
After turning to face Harry the first time, the MailOnline’s lip reader confirmed the Duke appeared to be answering a question, as he says: “Yes, that’s right.”

Meghan begins to return to her front-on pose, before turning back again, at which point Harry tells her: “Turn around,” the expert said.

As she continues to look at her husband, Harry adds: “Look,” as he points a meaningful glare towards the front of the balcony.

The Duchess then turns back around to face the front as the national anthem begins playing shortly afterwards.

Meghan Markle news: Lip reader reveals EXACTLY what Harry said in ‘telling off’ | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

;) Lip reader reveals EXACTLY what Harry said to Meghan in Trooping the Colour ‘telling off’
After turning to face Harry the first time, the MailOnline’s lip reader confirmed the Duke appeared to be answering a question, as he says: “Yes, that’s right.”

Meghan begins to return to her front-on pose, before turning back again, at which point Harry tells her: “Turn around,” the expert said.

As she continues to look at her husband, Harry adds: “Look,” as he points a meaningful glare towards the front of the balcony.

The Duchess then turns back around to face the front as the national anthem begins playing shortly afterwards.

Meghan Markle news: Lip reader reveals EXACTLY what Harry said in ‘telling off’ | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
I could be wrong, but also it seems to me that after Harry says the last time around (and Meghan does), it looks like Jack glances at her. He may have been embarrassed for her.
jmoo

Glad you made it up north, a lot of visitors never get past London!

We did! In 1978 we traveled all over with a Brit-rail Pass. We loved York. The Castle Museum was memorable. Our seven year old daughter loved all the different old fashioned toilets on display! :D I wanted to go out on the moors, having loved “The Secret Garden,” but we didn’t have transportation. We got as far north in Scotland as Inverness and then down the east coast to Arbroath and Edinburgh, ending up in Glasgow before flying to Dublin. I have a Scottish great-great grandmother (Elder) on my mother’s side and all Irish on my Dad’s, so it was a fun trip.

View attachment 188865 View attachment 188866

Did Prince Harry tell Meghan to 'turn around' at Trooping the Colour? Eagle-eyed royal fans think they spotted the Duke directing his wife on the balcony of Buckingham Palace

Did Prince Harry tell Meghan to 'turn around' at Trooping the Colour? | Daily Mail Online

This is making a lot of headlines in the U.K today.

The video where Harry tells someone to turn around...there is someone with a hat standing behind the person in front of him (or even a bit behind Harry, hard to tell), to Meghan's right. You can see her hat moving. I believe it is a cousin, he is telling her to turn around, Meghan turns to see their convo, he says this, Meghan also turns around.

I watched a few videos, though I could be wrong, but I think Harry was speaking to Meghan and not to the other female who is wearing a black hat and who is also moving and turning her head around
Looks like she is just off to the side/ next to or slightly behind of Harry since his body seems to be turned slightly
I could be wrong but I think its Sophie, Countess of Wessex
Looking over more photos of the day and trying to figure out the hat...I think it could be Sophie, Countess of Wessex? Her daughter Lady Louise is next to her and in other photos I see Prince Edward in that back row as well

This aol article has a few videos, some close up
Video of Prince Harry 'scolding' Meghan emerges: 'She looks like she is about to burst into tears'

Last edited:
:) Carry on...

gallery_3_5-a.jpg

The Peoples' Princess was always quick to give big hugs to children.
gallery_3_5-a.jpg

Here's proof that even as a child Prince Harry was a hugging machine.
;) * This one's specially dedicated to @floridagrrl

gallery_5_3-a.jpg

Princess Diana couldn't wait to have her boys, Princes William and Harry, in her arms during a visit to Toronto in 1991.
:D & finally my personal favourite!
gallery_1_1-a.jpg

Prince Harry got a sweet embrace from Star Wars character Chewbacca during his visit to Pinewood Studios

My heart ❤️

I watched a few videos, though I could be wrong, but I think Harry was speaking to Meghan and not to the other female who is wearing a black hat and who is also moving and turning her head around
Looks like she is just off to the side/ next to or slightly behind of Harry since his body seems to be turned slightly
I could be wrong but I think its Sophie, Countess of Wessex
Looking over more photos of the day and trying to figure out the hat...I think it could be Sophie, Countess of Wessex? Her daughter Lady Louise is next to her and in other photos I see Prince Edward in that back row as well

This aol article has a few videos, some close up
Video of Prince Harry 'scolding' Meghan emerges: 'She looks like she is about to burst into tears'

Why is the media reading so much into this? He reminded his wife to turn around; If that’s in fact what he even said we don’t even know what he said lol

I so wish they’d stop

Could you imagine having that job? “OK you are going to sit down and watch every millisecond of this video and find something awful”!

Last edited:
We did! In 1978 we traveled all over with a Brit-rail Pass. We loved York. The Castle Museum was memorable. Our seven year old daughter loved all the different old fashioned toilets on display! :D
I thought the museum was totally awesome as a kid :)
Actually - I still do now :p

York Castle Museum
York-Castle-Museum-Courtesy-of-Red-Jester-Photography-3.jpg
One of the most popular visitor attractions in York is the York Castle Museum, which recreates daily life in England through the past 400 years
York-0167.jpg
The museum centres around two life-sized reconstructions of authentic street scenes.
The first is the Victorian Kirkgate.

York-0212.jpg
You can wander into shops, see a family at home, and call at the police station.

York-0199.jpg

The second life-sized street is Half Moon Court, depicting daily life in Edwardian York.
The "street" is built in the former debtor's prison, and you can visit the old prison cells,
...Don't miss the cell where the famous highwayman Dick Turpin spent his last night before execution.
York-Castle-Museum-Turpin-0205.jpg
Dick Turpins Cell
The museum is also home to the Jane Austen costume collection.....
and much, much more :D

York Castle Museum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members