GUILTY WV - Riley Crossman, 15, Martinsburg, Morgan County, 7 May 2019 *arrest*

“According to Edwards testimony, on the evening of May 7, McCauley, Riley and her two brothers were the only ones home from approximately 7:30-10:30 p.m., until Crossman's mother returned home from work. She allegedly went to bed with McCauley and the boys still sleeping downstairs.”

Yet he was in Riley’s bedroom at 11:01 and 11:13?

And she left the boys sleeping downstairs?

I have put together the following timeline from recent MSM articles (please feel free to add/delete/make corrections):

May 7, 2019
3:30pm- RC arrives from home from school and wakes CO from a nap. CO got ready for work and left the home.
7:30- 10:30pm- RC and her brothers were left alone in the home with AM.
10:30pm- RC's mother (CO) arrives home and goes to bed with AM, who had been asleep downstairs.
11:01pm- RC sends a text to boyfriend indicating AM is in her room.
11:13pm- RC sends a second text to boyfriend indicating she is scared.
May 8, 2019
2:00am
- AM woke up and contacted [father-in-law] to secure a drug deal.
Unknown time, but after 2am- AM called local business owner looking for a place to "lay low" in the event the police witnessed the 2am drug deal.
3:00am- blocked call from AM's phone to RC's phone.
3:34am- blocked call from AM's phone to RC's phone.
3:52am- blocked call from AM's phone to RC's phone.
5:00am- AM picked up for work by co-worker.
5:22am- attempted FaceTime call from RC's phone to her boyfriend's phone.
7:00am- CO awakes and notices RC's door is open, but RC is not in the home.
9-9:30am- AM used work truck to leave job site and go home (unknown if it was to inject cocaine, or purchase drugs to take back to job site; both reasons were given during interviews).
10:13am- work truck observed at the home.
12:27pm- work truck captured on home surveillance camera less than 2 miles from where RC's body was located.
12:46pm- work truck captured on home surveillance camera leaving the area.
1:40pm- AM arrives back at job site.
3:30pm- CO begins calling and texting RC's phone when she did not return home from school. Text messages were undeliverable, calls went directly to voicemail.
5:00pm- CO leaves work and drives to the school.
5:30pm- After she was unable to locate RC, CO went home. CO receives automated call from the attendance office indicating RC was absent from school.
6:00pm- RC reported missing. Last seen wearing black hoodie and black leggings.

05/16/2019- RC's body located
05/17/2019- AM arrested for murder.

Magistrate finds probable cause in case of man accused of killing Riley Crossman

Family desperately searching for missing West Virginia teen Riley Crossman

Magistrate finds probable cause to move McCauley murder case to Grand Jury

Suspect arraigned for murder in death of Berkeley Springs teen

Last edited:
I am having a very difficult time refraining from victim bashing in this case. :mad: I just feel so sad for Riley and her siblings....... children deserve a loving, nurturing, and stable home environment. I'm just not sure they had it. :( Prayers for a successful outcome for all involved.

Last edited:
BBM

Good point.
Am getting flashbacks of SLP.
There has to be a reason Riley didn't get help from her own mother -- who was in the house at that time ! :mad:
She unfortunately might have thought she wouldn't believe her, considering he was the mom's boyfriend.

I don't know if this is allowed, but I have known many young women when I was in high school who were being sexually abused by boyfriends of the mother/stepdads whose mothers didn't believe them.

“According to Edwards testimony, on the evening of May 7, McCauley, Riley and her two brothers were the only ones home from approximately 7:30-10:30 p.m., until Crossman's mother returned home from work. She allegedly went to bed with McCauley and the boys still sleeping downstairs.”

Yet he was in Riley’s bedroom at 11:01 and 11:13?

And she left the boys sleeping downstairs?

Or AC was pretending to be asleep until Mom went upstairs, then once he thought Mom was asleep he snuck into Riley's room. That poor girl.

Preteen or teenage boys sleeping downstairs doesn't surprise or alarm me. Adolescent boys, in my experience, fall asleep wherever they want, and do not wake gracefully. I never bothered waking mine up if he was on the couch at night – just threw a blanket over him. I can fully understand Mom allowing those sleeping lions to lie, until they needed to be up for school the next morning.

The text messages Riley sent to her boyfriend on the night before her disappearance, about mom's boyfriend being in her bedroom and about her being scared of him being there, makes me think that there as sexual abuse or, at least, actions leading up to sexual abuse prior to that night. And, to me, this might mean that a) she was threatening to tell her mother about it for a while and he was on edge, got violent and killed her so she wouldn't say anything; or b) he was indeed making sexual advances on her and, she was resisting and fighting it, and he got violent and killed her.
If she was being sexually abused, she most likely told her boyfriend about it. I don't know about telling her mother, but it's also possible that she told her or was meaning to do it.
Regarding the issue of mothers not believing their daughters when stepfathers and boyfriends abuse them is actually very common. And, if they do believe them, it's also common for mothers to think that their daughters are at fault for the abuse. Which, honestly, is insane and I just can't understand. That is the ultimate betrayal from a mother to her daughter, and it's disgusting.

Need to add that the Maternal Grandmother was at the house until 7:00pm

After Chantel went to work, 15-year-old Riley’s evening continued on as usual. Her maternal grandmother was at the house until around 7:00 p.m., Chantel said, and Riley stayed in their Berkeley Springs, West Virginia home all evening.

“I got home from work around 10:00 p.m. Her door was shut, so by all accounts she was in her room, but I didn’t actually see her,” Chantel told Dateline.
Source: Family desperately searching for missing West Virginia teen Riley Crossman

I have put together the following timeline from recent MSM articles (please feel free to add/delete/make corrections):

May 7, 2019
3:30pm- RC arrives from home from school and wakes CO from a nap. CO got ready for work and left the home.
7:30- 10:30pm- RC and her brothers were left alone in the home with AM.
10:30pm- RC's mother (CO) arrives home and goes to bed with AM, who had been asleep downstairs.
11:01pm- RC sends a text to boyfriend indicating AM is in her room.
11:13pm- RC sends a second text to boyfriend indicating she is scared.
May 8, 2019
2:00am
- AM woke up and contacted [father-in-law] to secure a drug deal.
Unknown time, but after 2am- AM called local business owner looking for a place to "lay low" in the event the police witnessed the 2am drug deal.
3:00am- blocked call from AM's phone to RC's phone.
3:34am- blocked call from AM's phone to RC's phone.
3:52am- blocked call from AM's phone to RC's phone.
5:00am- AM picked up for work by co-worker.
5:22am- attempted FaceTime call from RC's phone to her boyfriend's phone.
7:00am- CO awakes and notices RC's door is open, but RC is not in the home.
9-9:30am- AM used work truck to leave job site and go home (unknown if it was to inject cocaine, or purchase drugs to take back to job site; both reasons were given during interviews).
10:13am- work truck observed at the home.
12:27pm- work truck captured on home surveillance camera less than 2 miles from where RC's body was located.
12:46pm- work truck captured on home surveillance camera leaving the area.
1:40pm- AM arrives back at job site.
3:30pm- CO begins calling and texting RC's phone when she did not return home from school. Text messages were undeliverable, calls went directly to voicemail.
5:00pm- CO leaves work and drives to the school.
5:30pm- After she was unable to locate RC, CO went home. CO receives automated call from the attendance office indicating RC was absent from school.
6:00pm- RC reported missing. Last seen wearing black hoodie and black leggings.

05/16/2019- RC's body located
05/17/2019- AM arrested for murder.

Magistrate finds probable cause in case of man accused of killing Riley Crossman

Family desperately searching for missing West Virginia teen Riley Crossman

Magistrate finds probable cause to move McCauley murder case to Grand Jury

Suspect arraigned for murder in death of Berkeley Springs teen

Going to try calling @mistivon again - Can you get into Morgan County, West Virginia court site?

Wondering IF there is a hearing on 6/25 - which I have a "maybe" in my notes. He had a hearing on 5/24 which was moved to 6/12. I believe it was to set bond - but haven't heard or read anything....

TIA! :)

Going to try calling @mistivon again - Can you get into Morgan County, West Virginia court site?

Wondering IF there is a hearing on 6/25 - which I have a "maybe" in my notes. He had a hearing on 5/24 which was moved to 6/12. I believe it was to set bond - but haven't heard or read anything....

TIA! :)
Google Martinsburg Journal Andy McCauley for details about the 6/12 hearing

N

Next grand jury meets in September.

Thank you!

and
sgreeting_welcome_sign_general_100-109.gif

to WS & this thread!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

BBM

Good point.
Am getting flashbacks of SLP.
There has to be a reason Riley didn't get help from her own mother -- who was in the house at that time ! :mad:

There IS always the possibility that Riley didn't get help in order to protect her mother and brothers. If he threatened to kill her whole family if she screamed... and she thought he'd rape her and go away, she wouldn't be the first to make that trade off. So there is always a possibility that it was a reason like that.

I am vacationing in Berkeley Springs right now and it is very sad to see all the Justice For Riley signs on some of the locals lawns. The local news has been pretty quiet since we got here on Saturday. I have seen one article in the local paper. It’s awful that her family has to wait until September for anything else to happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back